Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Thedoctor6999

945w cmh 630w cmh lamps

32 posts in this topic

Has anyone seen the latest 630w and 945w cmh lamps? They don't appear to available in the UK yet but they both appear to be very interesting. 2000umol for the 945w and amazing spectrum. 

I do hope Philips decides to do a version.

2 people like this

Oooh I'm very interested in these. Haven't seen much about them and would love to see a review.

945w of cmh would light up my 1.5x1.5 tent wonderfully 

Sunstream 945 Watt CMH Double Ended ballast & lamp for £260.
81-KMPX6HBL._SL1500_.jpg

71wy3iT5E1L._SL1500_.jpg

here's a pic of a Nobel 945w DE CMH lamp to give you an idea of what the lamp looks like, most pics like like shit  lol614x47XPYRL._SL1500_.jpg
they also do a 630w DE CMH lamp too.
7 people like this

Sexy bit of kit that is :yep:

3 people like this

I asked this question, and again i think Joint hogger was the only one to answer.

Lumatek have a 630 CMH, which i actually think is quite reasonably priced.

I also emailed them about a 945w CMH being made in the near future.

If they get back to me i will be more than happy to share their response.

5 people like this

That Sunstream thing hasn't got heat vents. Wonder how much the bulb would set you back.

i wonder how fucking hot it gets?  dont you need lfsq ballasts to run these babies ?

who makes the de/lfsw ballasts i know the deva ones are 500 note each and i think you need the controller to work it proper ?

thats another 250+ notes 750 for 1000w ballast n controller ffs

@Alan Johnson

s-l1600.jpg

cmh630w_02-2.jpg

oooh I'd forgotten about the 630w Lumatek  :yep:

Lumatek CMH Pro Digtal Ballast

The new Lumatek CDM Pro D/e ballast offers unrivalled PAR figures for a 600w digital ballast. These ultra reliable, super stable, high output ballasts

will dramatically improve your gram per watt figures, and give results far superior to that of a standard HPS system.

The Lumatek Pro CMH ballast when used with the 630w CMH d/e lamp & high output Tekken d/e reflector, promotes fast growing, high quality, bountiful harvests.

With improved PAR output levels per watt, lower running costs compared to comparable HPS systems, and the peace of mind a full 5 year Lumatek warranty.

These groundbreaking new Pro CDM systems from Lumatek represent the future generation of grow systems and are fast making HPS a thing of the past.

More Light – Less Heat – Optimal Control – More Yield 

Electronic ballast for 630W CMH lamps

Voltage: 240V 50/60Hz

Current: 3.2A

Input power: 668W

Output power: 630W

630w Lumatek CMH Lamp

Full Spectrum (4200K) Lamp - This lamp provides a very broad spectrum of light (closest to natural sunlight). It is perfect for use in the vegetative stage

of growth and is an excellent choice for supplementary lighting alongside HPS lamps. This will increase yields and quality immensely! (not currently available)

Agro (3100K) Lamp - Very similar to the Full Spectrum lamp but with an adjusted spectrum to provide more light in red end of the spectrum.

This makes it the perfect lamp for use with flowering plants and can used as supplemental lighting or a standalone system. We recommend combining Elite

and Agro Lamps for multiple light setups for the ultimate balance of yield, growth and quality!

so after a look around its £250 for a ballast & lamp, if you want the matching Lumatek basic DE reflector (called the Tekken) that'll cost about £325,

tho you can get the reflector on its own for about £87.

tekkenprodehammerton03.jpg

tekkenprodehammerton05.jpg

Lumatek also make a better Miro Tekken Pro reflector & Lumatek branded timer, that costs about £380, again  you can get the Miro reflector on its own for £139   :eek:

s-l1600.jpg

tekken05.jpg

8 people like this

forgot to add, there's cheap Chinese 630w DE lamps on ebay for £55 each.

s-l500.pngs-l500.png

s-l500.png  s-l500.png

3 people like this

also found the Bombilla Double Ended E-LITE 630W CDM/LEC from spain £98 + £9 for p&p.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

they also sell a 945W CMH/LEC CERAMIC METAL HALIDE 3100K for £160 + £13.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

3 people like this

:smokin: I've only just realized something about these DE CMH lamps, they're only single jacketed (ie, one shell) 

so if anyone decides to go for a single jacketed lamp, just letting you know that they pump out a lot of harm full UV   :nuke:

2 people like this

Great responses there thanks for the info joint hogger 

That's the wonderful thing about the 630w and 945w lamps as far as I'm aware they can be both run from conventional magnetic ballasts available very cheaply now or lf digutal ballasts. Plus e39 / e40 socket so Std refs also. And about £70 and £120 respectively it'd appear. Although I can't find English suppliers yet I'm told the main ones are currently.testing these lamps.

The de 945w can apparently be run on 400v 1000w ballasts so if like me you have those a great retrofit slightly down on overall efficacy at closer to 2.0umol/watt but an amazing spectrum.  So the quality of flowers should be fabulous.  :hippy:

Edited by Thedoctor6999
1 person likes this

That's the kind of uv range that's strongly presumed to significantly increase trichome production though no?

I'm willing to wear glasses / get a tan if so, skin cancer not so keen on mind. Do they have uvc figures? 

Edited by Thedoctor6999
2 people like this

Been using them ages now 

large.20180501_082539-1305x979.jpglarge.20180604_101408-1305x979.jpglarge.20180730_101441-1305x979.jpglarge.20180730_102533-1305x979.jpg

I did a side by side with the same cutting and yield is about the same as 600w hps, finishing time is 1-2weeks earlier on a 12week strain. Smell was same, high was same. Temps are similar. 

I done about 3 crops under the bulb and still going strong.

9 people like this

Im using the lumatek btw