Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

francesca

Same old issue , smell from exhaust

37 posts in this topic

I try everything what you guys tell but still have a weed smell on my exhaust. Sometimes is bad sometime not so bad and nothing change so idk what cause weed smell on my exhaust . I have few more question for you ( any other advice is more than welcome ) i use a mountain air 6” carbon filter and the a rvk 6” taped together really well , after that acoustic duct and my lights ,everything is taped good . I have just two option in my mind for smell leak coming just from exhaust( i have enough negative pressure ) pin holes can be one of them but i push air trough duct still can be a issue? Second one is a have for couple of days  rh 70% that can kill my filter( rest o time is 40-55%) 

i know i asked so many times for the same issue but i hope i will get someone with the same problem like me and i will get it sorted

P.S sorry for my english 

If your pushing air into the filter rather than sucking check your ducting you may find there is pin holes in the actual ducting, normally that wont cause a bother but when pushing air it will.

3 people like this

If it comes and goes and your humidity has periods where it peaks at 70+ then I would wager the two correspond...

Ie when humidity is high smells leak through..

Can try and control the humidity if that turns out to be the case

2p guess

5 people like this

If its coming and going its you're RH........when its too high it wets the carbon and stops it working so well......As soon as your RH drops I fair wager a day later when the carbon is dry again the smell goes away.

3 people like this

How old is your filter? I have a grow going which I have to be super careful about smell or my neighbour comes knocking. I bought a new carbon filter six months ago but it needs replacing already. It's full of activated carbon and only lasts so long. Maybe you need a new one.

1 person likes this

No doubt r/h,  you need to control humidity and you should be fine.  If you are having trouble controlling humidity in the actual grow zone put the filter outside the zone and keep it warm and dry.  It's the saturation of water in the pores of the carbon that reduces its effectiveness.  So theoretically if you can keep the filter dry you should be good.

;)

1 person likes this

In hindsight your configuration is wrong.  Don't trust cool tube hoods to prevent smells. Ever.

3 people like this

Your cool hoods are sucking unfiltered air.  They are not sealed units.  Add the humidity.  Bingo.

Do everything the other way round.

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, tokenroll said:

If your pushing air into the filter rather than sucking check your ducting you may find there is pin holes in the actual ducting, normally that wont cause a bother but when pushing air it will.

My RVk is sucking trough filter.

3 hours ago, Dodgee said:

If it comes and goes and your humidity has periods where it peaks at 70+ then I would wager the two correspond...

Ie when humidity is high smells leak through..

Can try and control the humidity if that turns out to be the case

2p guess

The humidity was 70% just two times for couple of hours and didn t smell in that few hours , i have a dehumidifier that keep rh 40-55% all the time :)

1 hour ago, bearukc said:

How old is your filter? I have a grow going which I have to be super careful about smell or my neighbour comes knocking. I bought a new carbon filter six months ago but it needs replacing already. It's full of activated carbon and only lasts so long. Maybe you need a new one.

My carbon filter is from mountain air and is 60 days old today , you have some nice neighbour :D

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, zen-ken said:

If its coming and going its you're RH........when its too high it wets the carbon and stops it working so well......As soon as your RH drops I fair wager a day later when the carbon is dry again the smell goes away.

Last 2 weeks my rh was 40-55% all the time and still smell 

58 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

No doubt r/h,  you need to control humidity and you should be fine.  If you are having trouble controlling humidity in the actual grow zone put the filter outside the zone and keep it warm and dry.  It's the saturation of water in the pores of the carbon that reduces its effectiveness.  So theoretically if you can keep the filter dry you should be good.

;)

Yes i can control my rh , but it happen 2 mby 3 time when it goes crazy la 70% but not for long , that can kill my filter?

14 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Your cool hoods are sucking unfiltered air.  They are not sealed units.  Add the humidity.  Bingo.

Do everything the other way round.

My system is like that :

Carbon filter( inside tent)->RVK->duct(phonic trap)->light-> duct ->light->duct out of tent

From the inside of tent,  tell me what order you have your equipment.

If its filter-coolhood-fan.

You will have probs.

3 people like this