Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Wufi

Help to bring down humidity

Hello guys. I'm about to start flowering and I have a problem. RH is 60% with lights on but almost 80% with lights off. Of course I would like to bring it down to 40-50%

I am extracting into the same room where my grow tent is (no possibility of extracting outside). RH in the room is always at around 65-70%, so I guess it wouldn't help much to buy a mini dehumidifier and install it in the grow tent, right? What are my options here?

Thanks.

I hate to say it mate but I think you are heading for trouble, find somewhere else to grow is probably your best option....

3 people like this

Venting into the same room is your problem, it has to change or you’ll have a high chance of rotten buds come harvest 

5 minutes ago, stu914 said:

I hate to say it mate but I think you are heading for trouble, find somewhere else to grow is probably your best option....

Why?! There must be something that can be done. I haven't got any other place to grow lol

6 minutes ago, Wufi said:

no possibility of extracting outside

There’s always a way mate, if your determined to pull a crop off you need somewhere to vent your hot humid air, is it in a bedroom or a basement? Is there no vents you can attach your exhaust ducting to ?

Just now, Tepzad said:

There’s always a way mate, if your determined to pull a crop off you need somewhere to vent your hot humid air, is it in a bedroom or a basement? Is there no vents you can attach your exhaust ducting to ?

It's in my living room. If I open the window I would freeze the entire flat.

7 minutes ago, Wufi said:

It's in my living room. If I open the window I would freeze the entire flat.

Is there no Wall vents ? Even if you got a dehumidifier you will struggle with growth and bud size and you will be recirculating the same air over and over and in the summer you'll really struggle with temps, as shit as it sounds it’ll be a waste of electric.

Edited by Tepzad

Fuck, I misread the title as saying "Help to bring down humanity".

How disappointing.

3 people like this

16 minutes ago, Tepzad said:

Is there no Wall vents ? Even if you got a dehumidifier you will struggle with growth and bud size and you will be recirculating the same air over and over and in the summer you'll really struggle with temps, as shit as it sounds it’ll be a waste of electric.

I live in a flat, no wall vents. I do have a window right behind my growing tent which would be perfect. It is one of these tilting windows that you can only open a bit (enough for the ducting). The problem is the whole flat would get frozen. Is there any way I could avoid this?

I want the flowering to be perfect. I have already bought a 25 L dehumidifier.

Edited by Wufi

Put a blind in window, slats closed, or put up closed curtains and then get some black and white sheeting, or preferably white black white as its much thicker and definitely won't let any light out, and sheet over the whole window sealing the edges to the wall with tape

Leave the window cracked open and put your ducting through the sheeting. Tape the ducting where it goes through sheeting to seal.

From outside it just looks like blinds or a curtain is always shut which is not in the slightest bit uncommon

Edited by Pecunia Arbor
1 person likes this

9 minutes ago, Pecunia Arbor said:

Put a blind in window, slats closed, or put up closed curtains and then get some black and white sheeting, or preferably white black white as its much thicker and definitely won't let any light out, and sheet over the whole window sealing the edges to the wall with tape

Leave the window cracked open and put your ducting through the sheeting. Tape the ducting where it goes through sheeting to seal.

From outside it just looks like blinds or a curtain is always shut which is not in the slightest bit uncommon

Wouldn't that allow a lot of cold coming in? Forgive my paint skills:

vgh1cvz.png

Put the joint out man lol.

Sheet over the whole window. I.e sheet taped to wall around the window. I.e sheet is bigger than window. Once taped aint no air getting in your room. 

You leave the window cracked open. 

You have a blind or curtain up under the sheeting so you cant see that the window is covered in sheeting. 

The exhaust duct runs into a hole in the sheeting. Tape round it too. 

2 people like this

Google: stealth window exhaust

failing that Google: Window Seal for Portable Air Conditioner And Tumble Dryer

1 person likes this