Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

reggaewarrior

Ram air pro 2

16 posts in this topic

Wondering if anyone could help explain how I should set this fan controller up?

obviously there’s the three settings (temp, idle & balance)

i have a 4” rvk intake & a 6” rvk exhaust

I have set temp at 26 C but unsure about the other two. could anyone suggest an ideal percentage setting for both idle & balance? 

Just gone into veg so any speedy advice would be highly appreciated. 

Thanks again all 

Peace ✌️ 

I have just dealt with this myself so hopefully can help you.

I have pretty much exactly the same setup except my 4" is not an RVK.

The first setting is for your intake and the second for your exhaust. Set the first as low as you like (mine is at 20%) and then I'd suggest setting your second setting at 10%. The latter is there to help you achieve negative pressure.

Keep an eye on things when you switch to flower and the lights are off, you may notice huge pressure reductions if the temps drop (hence why you may want to keep your intake at around 20% at a minimum).

Also, make sure your intake is plugged into the left plug on the device and your exhaust on the right.

Putting the second setting at 10% would mean the exhaust working slower than the intake though meaning the opposite of negative pressure wouldn’t it? 

I thought the first setting was “idle” which is what both fans run at then the second setting “balance” is if the temp rises above what u set it to the fans work harder to cool the area and you’d want your exhaust to work harder to remove the hot stale air?

im absolutely baffled haha

Hi @reggaewarrior , I found the easiest way to set these is to firstly set the temp as high as it goes, set the idle to 10%, set the balance all the way anti-clockwise,all vents closed on tent.

Let the fan speed settle then slowly turn the balance a little at a time,waiting a minute or two each time until negative pressure is achieved.

Finally, set your desired temperature and away you go :) If night time humidity creeps up too high just increase the idle speed a little.

These controllers do a good job but will likely make your 6" fan hum a little but your 4" should be unaffected. :yep:

Thanks @Nuttyprof but how exactly do I know when I’ve achieved negative pressure? Mine is a room not a tent so the sides don’t move in/out regardless of the air?? 

Thanks again

When checking for negative pressure in my room i just hold a piece of tissue near to a gap (door open 1mm if no gaps exist) to make sure there is suction.

1 person likes this

So I want the tissue to appear to “suck outwards” for negative pressure I presume? Really sorry to hound you but it’s my first ever grow and it’s confusing me enormously haha

This is my first day of veg and my temp in the room is at 23-24C & humidity is at a low 35%. Got both lights running at 400w. 

Many advice here how to raise temp & humidity slightly? Should I up my lights to the full 600w so soon? 

1 minute ago, reggaewarrior said:

So I want the tissue to appear to “suck outwards” for negative pressure I presume?

From outside the room the tissue should get sucked into the room :yep:

Ah I see. Thank you for that. Also I dunno how significant this is but I have a small gap all the way around my door that I use to enter the room. Will this affect conditions massively? 

It will only be a problem if it allows light in during the dark period.

Ok great there’s no chance of any light getting in at all so that’s assuring. 

As for the temp and humidity, any ideas how to raise them at all?

Edited by reggaewarrior

56 minutes ago, reggaewarrior said:

As for the temp and humidity, any ideas how to raise them at all?

Many options for heating depending what size your space is and where it is located? loft? garage? bedroom?

low humidity can be raised a little in a small space with a damp towel hanging in there or a small humidifier if you have room for it but your plants will grow quickly to a size where they will raise the humidity due to transpiration.

@Nuttyprof it’s a loft. It’s 8 foot x 6.5 foot and 5 foot 9 high

lined with that foil stuff

Currently 23C & 33% humidity which is way too low?

Edited by reggaewarrior

@reggaewarrior  sorry, I only just noticed this is in the new members section mate, not really appropriate to continue here, better in the environment section or better still a diary would get you a lot more attention and help :yep:

Apologies. Don’t really know how to use this site properly yet :wallbash: