Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

themindbomb

help with DIY LED grow lights

I'm planning to build a very small light for a small veg table/cloning station.  I've bought 3 Cree xml2 10watt 6500k cobs and some blue 3watt cobs to encourage more leaf and less stretching. Has anyone ever done anything like this and if so are there any videos of wiring these cobs in series with the blues on their own channel to switch off and on. Thanks

Hmmm. Not many into the LED's....  Well I've started building it and when I can figure out how to post photos I'll post pics and specs as it comes together

Here are the pictures thus far

little veg light

Cree XM-L2 LED 10watt
Daylight white 6500k

When I get some more star base plates I'll update with pics and specs.

Edited by themindbomb
missed info

Looks pretty solid. How are you going to drive them? Presumably not at full pelt. And what space you looking to cover? 6500k has plenty of blue in it any way (cool white) i doubt you'll get much stretch. I've been trying 5000k in veg and seen some squat growth! Nice chunky heatsink too. 

On 01/28/2019 at 3:12 PM, robchenski said:

Looks pretty solid. How are you going to drive them? Presumably not at full pelt. And what space you looking to cover? 6500k has plenty of blue in it any way (cool white) i doubt you'll get much stretch. I've been trying 5000k in veg and seen some squat growth! Nice chunky heatsink too. 

I am going to drive them with a little 12 volt .8 amp plug in transformer.  I have it up and running.  It's not that bright so I'm going to just use it for clones. If I find another 12 volt 1.5 amp transformer I'll update it.  I'll post some pics.

Here is the finished light.  Sorry for the delay, didn't think anyone was interested.  It will only be used for a space that is 3 feet by 20 inches.

Edited by Owderb
Pics removed. Please upload to here
1 person likes this