Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ritch

Anti-siphon valve

I’m installing a dripper system and have fitted an anti siphon valve but when I test run the drippers for leaks when I turned off the pump the drippers continued to flood and passed an extra half bucket of water. 

My question is are these valves directional or is it’s inclusion that is causing the run on? Thanks. 

the anti syphon valves are one way, 

I think you need an extra line back to the res to prevent it continuing to syphon through the hose. or a return at the highest point of the lines to the res.

there was a great thread on here before about diy ing drip lines to coco, but I cant find it. Maybe wait for an computer whizz to post it for us. 

Edited by badbillybob
1 person likes this

Your reservoirs higher than your plants that's why it's running on and will keep running on until the water level of the tank is the same as the end of your drippers, the anti syphon is a one way valve and stops the water running back to your tank.

Edited by Takamine
1 person likes this

A breather tube running back in to the res which allows air back into the system when the pump switches off is an easy fit non mechanical anti syphon. There`s lots of info on setting one up on here: 

I use the ring method described in this post: 

But with the corrected anti syphon position as described here: 

:yep:

Edited by H + H2O
2 people like this

@badbillybob @Takamine @H + H2O Thanks for the replies, the fixes you advised worked a treat, I used a nipple and short piece of dripper line. 

One quick follow up question, does 1 litre per dripper every 5 minutes from an mj1000 to four outlets sound about right?

large.497F882D-70E7-4433-A647-9C37C8D37E1F.jpeg

@ritch with the 1000l maxi I`m getting a flow rate of around 1l every 3 mins to my 6 drip stakes(not inc the anti syphon), but my 13mm line from the pump is very short, only about 1m total including the header ring, with my 6 x  4mm drip lines measuring 2m each. :yep:

1 person likes this