Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Hippy

Grow light eye damage

Think after all the years of being under hps lights ive damaged my eyesight.

Noticed my eyesight slowly going about a year ago and just put it down to old age creaping in.

My eyes always feel like they are blurry and often wake up with really dry sore eyes in the morning. 

Ime always in my room in the evening,watering and doing bits n pieces in there and i defo think its whats fuckin my eyes up.

Everyone who grows under lights has experienced the bright blotchy sight you get when ya been in a room too long.

The classic orange blotch in the centre of ya vision,never did i realise it was messing my eye sight long term.

Just bought some lummi grow room glasses,just wish i had done it years ago tho.

Dont make the same mistake as me, protect ya eyes.

4 people like this

I made the same mistake as you and now im a specky four eyes, who cant see shit without them.

I too bought some lumii gogs for the groom, but it was too late for my eyes.

2 people like this

36 minutes ago, badbillybob said:

I made the same mistake as you and now im a specky four eyes, who cant see shit without them.

I too bought some lumii gogs for the groom, but it was too late for my eyes.

Its really made my life hell mate,cant read anything without my recently purchased glasses.

Went to spec savers for an eye test and got some reading glasses,trouble is when i take em off my long range vision goes to shit.

Proper double vision and twice as blurry as it would av been if i hadnt used the reading glasses.

Feel so pissed of that i didnt think bout the damage i was doing to myself over the years.

Just hope people reading this thread that have been under lights for a while without eye protection realise the danger and permanent damage it can cause.

1 person likes this

@HippyI`ve got the blue HPS glasses too, I like to sit and stare endlessly at my plants with a doob and bottle of red. I also switch out my HPS for a UVB rich 10k halide for the last 2 weeks, that is 2 weeks of literal torture when i can`t sit in with the ladies for any length of time lol

I get the same blurry dry sore eyes all the time, but have always put it down to my age, the wine and doobs rather than the light tbh. I`ll bet i`ve done some damage over the years mind.

Hope it doesn't affect you too badly mate, so long as you can see the glue on the skins things are never too bad eh, all the best! :smoke:

Edited by H + H2O
3 people like this

Just turn your lights off guys when tending to the plants.  It’s too important

1 person likes this

have always been aware of the damage mh can do to my skin and eyes, I don't think hps is as bad but the bulb is inside the parabolic shade I rarely see it, I was a night driver for about 45 years I always assumed its what done my eyes but I can still see with glasses and I don't think I have lots of years ahead of me to worry about it

1 person likes this