Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Dawg1

How do I grow outdoor in the UK?

92 posts in this topic

I attempted to grow autos outdoor in the UK last year but my execution was poor due to taking in to much information. There's so many videos on YT that say "beginners guide" but then they'll start saying things like SCROG and topping and although I'm familair with what these things are it frustrates me because that's not beginners. I'm a completely inexperienced grower and I just want to know in layman's terms how should I go about growing weed outside in the English summertime? Autos or clone? What soil? And do I need to feed them if I already have soil with nutrients in? I get how frustrating it must be for experienced growers to teach rookies so don't worry about coming across condescending I just need to learn.

Edited by Owderb
Moved out of NEW MEMBERS FORUM
5 people like this

Hello and welcome to the forum. I know nothing about outdoor growing myself but there is plenty of information over on the 'Outdoor Growing' part of the forum. If you can't find something, jump in and ask! :smokin:

1 person likes this

Hi Dawg1 , as above there's a section of this forum called 'guerrilla growing' and in it is a pinned topic by archangel answering plenty of questions , if you haven't read it its worth a look ! 

I would recommend Rgsc photoperiod fem seeds for starters and as for feeding soil that has nutrient in that depends on many variables but after a while the plants will use what's there and need more whatever !

3 people like this

Also keep in mind that the summers are hopefuly going to get warmer and longer sunnier days (we can but wish but who knows ) id also consider what lattitude youre at re for example im alot further south then most on here at lat 49.2, im constintly re reading weather stats from previous years for my area, inorder to try and do a good greenhouse , garden , gorilla grow this year/  Im going to start off my first attempt in may once the ground frosts have gone. This should bring up untill Jully (warmer temps etc ) then im going for a second wave as of the last part of summer bring my self up till sept. Along with a couple of cheeky photoperiods shoved in just for fun.   Also consider how wet / dry your area stays or gets. As @trimma suggests check out the rgcs they do some awsome genetics. Im also reading past diarys to see what will and wont work within in my said lat.  What ever you diced to do good luck with it. This former is a minefiled of wealth and knowledge of information the gorilla section is well worth a read. Some diaries im reading twice if not 3 times to learn from others cock ups or wins what ever you diced to roll with good luck

2 people like this

I am in the same boat really, never tried outdoor, but I am gonna.  What's best overall - femmed autos or regs?  In my naivety I am just thinking maybe best to pop a couple of autos in a few spots ... ?  Appreciate it all depends on the strain, lat, finishing time etc, please just consider it a general question.

Forget doing autos outside in uk .... totally wrong environment , theyre fast growing genetically fucked about plants that need 18 to 24 hours light for 10 to 12 weeks @ 20/24 Celsius to produce 2 to 4 oz per plant.  They would probably just curl up and die outside or yield very low. 

Havent "gorilla grown" myself for decades but used to get some incredible yields .... but thats off a plant started indoors in April before going out at 6 weeks then cropped in October !!  , my elderly neighbour thought it was beautiful bless her. 

1 person likes this

Just now, Bartyfartblast said:

Forget doing autos outside in uk .... totally wrong environment 

:cowboy:

large.P1010869.JPGlarge.P1010886.JPGlarge.P1030749.JPGlarge.user406701_pic1878298_1535056702.jpeg.jpglarge.P1030720.JPGlarge.P1030733.JPGlarge.user406701_pic1877526_1534793214.jpeg.jpglarge.P1030674.JPGlarge.user462206_pic1873830_1533492119.jpglarge.P1010828.JPGlarge.P1010830.JPG

36 people like this

@Ch@ppers   .... no way !!! UK for real ?? 

2 people like this

@Ch@ppers i was just about to tag you lol to be fair ya fucking smashed it last year tahnks to them top class genitics from @panik

7 people like this

Best auto growers on the site UK outdoor were the aliens growing GG style :yinyang:

11 people like this

my world just got turned upside down  !!  I hope they smoked as good as they looked ... would love more detail ..........

3 people like this

Find one of the aliens old diaries,follow their methods,they knew the auto game back to front and inside out,to be fair it was those guys who led the way,no one else has had similar results with autos from what I have seen in the UK.

7 people like this

Can Jan, Feb and March just fuck off so we can all get our grows going. 

16 people like this

30 minutes ago, Bartyfartblast said:

my world just got turned upside down  !!  I hope they smoked as good as they looked ... would love more detail ..........

Not lowryder anymore mate things really improved, I grew lowryder #2 as my first indoor grow under cfl's at 16 and was shite lol but smoked pretty good though. Imho it's finding the right spots that's the hardest

2 people like this

Autos are tricky imo for the complete novice starting out growing outdoors, unless you got the time and will to do the research as there’s no room for error with them. 

I’d start with a good semi auto/ early finisher like mighty gold or green gold from rgsc for your first run.

5 people like this