Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rick Grimes

Kickstart and foundation

I’ve recently switched over to coco from soil for my current grow. I’ve been using the @Intense Nutrients coco A+B as my main feed which seems to be working well. Along side I’ve been using canna Rhizotonic as a root stim.

I haven’t got much of the Rhizotonic left so was looking at getting the Intense Nutrients equivalent but I’m seeing two products called kickstart and foundation on the website which both sound similar. Can you explain the diffence between the two and which is the sort of Rhizotonic equivalent?

thanks

You want the foundation mate. And a clothes peg for your hooter!

As far as the kickstart goes , I think it's for new plants like formulex? I'm sure @Intense Nutrients will be along soon to set us straight.

It says on the kickstart bottle it can be used as a pre-soak, but silly old me knows not what would be pre soaked? Is it for seeds? or cubes? 

1 person likes this

i agree with @monkeypig about needing a peg for foundation  lol either way you cant go wrong with intense

i think (fwiw) on the kickstart the pre soak is meaning root blocks etc as it doubles in strength to 4ml per litre for a rooted plant

and as the foundation " stimulates the growth of beneficial micro-organisms within your growing medium" and as its for growing medium it will all ready have done rooting when you use it if you follow my chain of thought ,i dont know for definite but makes sense to me lol

Edited by doobie01

Thanks for the help @monkeypig and @doobie01.

I’m slightly disappointed at the lack of feedback from @Intense Nutrients but I’ve bought the foundation.

I thought Rhizotonic smelled bad until I took the cap off this stuff! Lets see how the plants like it, I’ll report back.

1 person likes this

Just now, Rick Grimes said:

I’m slightly disappointed at the lack of feedback from @Intense Nutrients but I’ve bought the foundation

Don't be disappointed - You've got the answers you need here! I get the real feeling the guys and girls(?)  @Intense Nutrients are very busy doing everything it takes to get a new company up and running.

I wouldn't worry about how your plants will like it, I've never had such thick white roots. It does really stink doesn't it:fart::)

2 people like this

2 minutes ago, monkeypig said:

Don't be disappointed - You've got the answers you need here! I get the real feeling the guys and girls(?)  @Intense Nutrients are very busy doing everything it takes to get a new company up and running.

I wouldn't worry about how your plants will like it, I've never had such thick white roots. It does really stink doesn't it:fart::)

That’s a fair point and understandable when you put it that way pal. 

Good to hear you were impressed with the foundation brother. Cheers.

1 person likes this