Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jigg

Dwc help

Hi guys,

I'm building a dwc set up for my next grow. I normally grow about 6 plants of the same genetics so I have opted for one big res. I am using a 50l res and was planning on using a 500l/ph pump connected to 4 air stones. Will that pump be strong enough or should I get a bigger one. I have tested it and there seems to be plenty of bubbles coming to the surface I just wanted to make sure. 

Just now, Jigg said:

plenty of bubbles coming to the surface

The bubbles won't put oxygen into the water, it's the water's surface contact with the air which oxygenates.

The more water/nutes exposed the better so you're looking for a rolling/boiling motion on the surface.

I've got two eheim 400's running 4 golfball airstones in 12-15 ltrs, it's like a witches couldron in there...:rofl:

Dissolved oxygen is probably the most important part of dwc growing bud, lack of it caught me out once before...

Good luck

atb

stu :oldtoker:

I used the nut/iws four site big res once, found roots fighting for space was an issue.