Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GrEeNConNi

First time training- did I overdo it?

16 posts in this topic

So i supercropped all of them and topped two yesterday, but they're looking soo droopy, and in the second pic You can see the bigger leaves towards the bottom are discolored. these are all autos, exactly a month old. 

First grow btw

large.20190117_144747.jpglarge.20190117_144802.jpglarge.20190117_144800.jpglarge.20190117_144757.jpglarge.20190117_144811.jpg

You only want to really do that kind of training to pheno types! LST for autos or nothing they don't have a long enough veg period. Your girls are flowering its far to late to be training them now.

3 people like this

Get something to try support the branches level closer to the light and just accept now your not going to have much smoke from this batch and take it as a learning step! Your stems are thin and spindly! Whats your watering/nute schedule been so far?

3 people like this

@Rudi ughhhhhh ive been watering regularly, but for their 7days I've had them on an auto watering system since I was traveling. Here is a pic before I left, and after. The second pic is right b4 trying to supercrop. someone on this forum told me to wait till their a month old. which was yesterday. light is always 15-18" away. they've been at 1200ppm GHE Flora series with Ionic calmag and hydro silicon. 

large.5c3c88e6082e9_29daysold.jpglarge.3weeks.jpg

will a scrog improve my yield?

In my case I had a scrog, may have misused it (I used it to keep plant height down) and took it off after a couple of weeks, haha.

1 person likes this

When you got the advice to high stress your autos at a month old you either misunderstood or were misled.  Although some advanced growers can get away with it (and not as late as a month old), this treatment will damage your plant's productivity.  Like someone else has already mentioned, this will undoubtedly damage your yields.

In the future apply only light stress training to autos, such as tying down and scrog.  It's not a good idea to cut anything off the plant unless it's dying or no longer being used i.e. lower shaded fan leaves and dead leaves.

The person who passed this information to you was probably referring to photoperiod plants, in which case the information was correct.

Edited by JJJ
3 people like this

:russian: he mustve meant lst. also, his were quite spidery too. advice for nxt time?

@GrEeNConNi As JJJ says it sounds like whoever gave you that advice probably missed you were growing autos. To be honest I would take them off an auto watering system aslo and check on them daily yourself and decide if they need watering. If you had picked soil you can get away with watering every 2 days with is great (all depends on pot sizes, medium etc etc). Should use this forum as a useful resource of help but don't just listen to one person word, anything someone suggests you should go away and research a little also to find out exactly what they talking about and to get a more indepth understanding and then decide if its right for your situation. 

Your probably fine on the nutes, lights and everything front, just been stressing them girls out badly! I would let these girls do there thing for remainder of time see what you get and start a fresh, in some soil. Use a very light nute feed and just see how it goes being extra cautios with no stressing the plants, just let them grow and learn what signs they give you along the way and when to water before trying to increase your yield!

There was also people in your grow diary that recommended this but unfortunatly you listend to the one that said to chop your plant up :( 

3 people like this

1 minute ago, GrEeNConNi said:

:russian: he mustve meant lst. also, his were quite spidery too. advice for nxt time?

You can start training when you've got as little as 3 or 4 sets of leaves.  This will normally be around the 2 week mark.  With autos, the main stem stiffens up quite quickly so get that trained first.  Continue training down the main stem as it grows but once you notice buds are forming, it's best to ease up on the training and let them grow up.  I find that once the main shoot is trained, the other branches will catch up.  When they are all the same height and left to grow upwards, they will generally stay at an even height, levelling the canopy and getting the most out of your lights.

3 people like this

3 hours ago, Rudi said:

There was also people in your grow diary that recommended this but unfortunatly you listend to the one that said to chop your plant up :( 

it's hard to listen to the people that just tell you to chill out. my mistake of course:(

2 people like this

12 hours ago, GrEeNConNi said:

it's hard to listen to the people that just tell you to chill out. my mistake of course:(

its hard but far better to be on cautious side and do less then more! And when you have the knowledge and understanding to do more take baby steps do little things at a time, not top one day then next supercrop or whatever it was :P 

2 people like this

As it’s been said @GrEeNConNi, sounds like you’ve been given advice for photoperiod strains, not autos, rule of thumb for autos I generally follow is…

Don’t Top – Yes it can happen by accident, and the plant will still grow and give an alright yield, but will be lower than if they were left alone.

Supercropping – Again, I tend not to do it to autos, only when I’ve done it by accident with my clumsiness or they’d got a spurt on and were getting too close to the light. That said, supercropping won’t affect yield too much, but avoid it if height isn’t a problem as it will need a couple of days to recover.

LST/Scrog – Yes they respond well and I’ve grown quite a few autos in a scrog, mainly as I had limited height, but like it’s been mentioned, best to do this earlier on as branches start to stiffen up as they flower and if you leave it too late, you might accidentally supercrop or worse case scenario, snap the branch completely off.

Hope that helps :yep:

Edited by Serpent
4 people like this

On 1/18/2019 at 1:44 PM, Serpent said:

Hope that helps :yep:

Thanks for the advice, going to use this as a rule of thumb from now on. sadly I had to make the mistake to learn it

2 people like this

No problem @GrEeNConNi, and hey, we've all fucked up, I've done some corkers in my time, but as long as you learn from it and move on, you'll be right :yep:

2 people like this