Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Scousesmoke

New grower liverpool tent inside wardrobe

Good afternoon all! Will be starting an indoor grow tent within abuilt in wardrobe towards end of month/early Feb. 

Looking to document the grow, I'm still deciding what equipment I'm gonna run with.

Found a tent online (not sure if I can mention brand) and will fit inside the wardrobe - size is 50cm deep x 100cm wide x 180cm tall.

Exhaust hole is 8" does anyone think that's a bit big for the size of tent? This brings higher cost of CF and fan! Was going to exhaust out of wardrobe and intake from ducting running to bedroom window.

Im leaning towards LED light but undecided what size and type is best for my space?

Also looking to grow in soil first time round and will have a few cuttings to pick from at end of month, although im open to grow from seed.

Any advice to get me set up would be appreciated! Don't really have a budget as I'm looking to grow multiple times this year so i know it will pay itself.

Thanks for reading and apprietiate any feed back i will keep updated, cheers!

3 people like this

Hello mate and welcome to uk420.

100cm is what,just over 3 foot? An 8" extraction would suck your cuttings out of that space and dump them in Manchester haha.

Tent I would go with a dr90 or simular.

Extraction fan would be a high powered 5" canfan.Same sized carbon filter.

Intake fan would be a 4" low powered.

Medium I would have plant magic soil.

Nutrients I would have a litre of fishmix and a litre of Oldtimers bloom.As for light I would pt for a 400 hps.

Just a few suggestions mate,plenty of info around the site just try and post in the relivant forums.

Good luck.

Tenchie.

Ps The site sponsors  https://www.growandharvest.co.uk/ are in your town,maybe worth a call or visit for all you need.

Edited by Tenchie
added info.
3 people like this

Thanks for reply mate! Ye I was thinking 8" was excessive haha I'll rethink on my tent 

2 people like this

The extract holes usually have a pull cord to tighten them up...does on mjne at least, maybe 8" is the max diameter.  

4 people like this

I have 8" extraction in my tent I think mine is around 2.8m by 1.4m and im currently running a 1000watt and it's slightly excessive but I can adjust it works for me have you thought maybe using just a 6" instead check out my grow diary I'm doing a sog 

1 person likes this

I use an 8" in a little tent, but because I will move to a bigger tent in future.  Only problems I had was with the 15cm extraction holes in the tent and using a massive controllable fan does bring many benefits.  I would at least get a 6" if I were you:yep:

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, Scousesmoke said:

Thanks for reply mate! Ye I was thinking 8" was excessive haha I'll rethink on my tent 

Tents fine,it`s your extraction thats way to much! The setup above is what I use for my veg tent,and believe me a high powered 5" extraction will be more than enough with 4" low powered for an active intake or open the tents vents for a passive intake. You could house 5 plants in there without a problem finishing them in 6.5 litre pots under a 400hps and should be able to harvest 12-14oz each crop,that enough to be self suffient?

Tenche.

2 people like this

Alright scouse smoke, wise choice on growing your own mate you can’t beat it, you can fuck the greedy dealers off and grow whatever you fancy and with a bit of careful planning never run out of weed again !

Welcome to the forum pal 

1 person likes this

i have an 8ins rvk and have a 5 step variac controller on at number 2 so if get hotter in the summer i can crank it up a bit my tent is 3x3

Thanks for welcomes and replies fellas! Had a rethink on location - trying to twist brothers arm to put it in spare room (it's full of his shite). Either way gonna go for a slightly bigger tent 90x90x185 and just move room around and then can have it closer to window so less ducting and lower fire hazard than being in a big sliding wardrobe. Funds are looking good to start end of month can't wait :hippy:

2 people like this