Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Greenhaus

Cal Mag??

I’m planning on using coco for my next grow and seen people are using CalMag in coco..

Would I use it throughout the whole grow or just in Veg?

thanks guys

Edited by Greenhaus

Been useing coco for 10+ yrs an never. Used the stuff:yep:

2 people like this

Depends on where you live soft water areas like Manchester yes, hard water areas like down south no. What’s the ph of your tap water that will tell you a lot ?

its all about the hardness !

Edited by Tepzad
4 people like this

52 minutes ago, Tepzad said:

Depends on where you live soft water areas like Manchester yes, hard water areas like down south no. What’s the ph of your tap water that will tell you a lot ?

its all about the hardness !

The e.c of my tap water is 0.4 and PH is 7

Edited by Greenhaus

18 minutes ago, Greenhaus said:

The e.c of my tap water is 0.4 and PH is 7

Ph 7 is soft water, I don’t know if 0.4 is high for a base reading as I don’t measure EC but my ph is 7 and I add calmag once a week (I grow in coco as well)  if I don’t add calmag I would get a calcium deficiency from experience.

you don’t need a lot though so a litre lasts quite a while.

The water hardness goes on EC not Ph. 0.4 is somewhere In The middle. Canna mix their nutrients to be made with a background of 0.4. My water is 0.1 straight out the tap, I use Growers Ark soft water coco nutrients and don’t need to add any cal mag as it’s already been factored into the nutrient 

3 people like this

am a bit slow when it comes to understanding anything, I had trouble on and off over the years, could never make my mind up if it was fungus or bugs, was only when I started using coco the problem became much worse so I had a good look at info on using coco, one of the first things I came across was cal/mag def. never had had the problem since unless I do daft shit like I do at times. my next feed I will be using has cal/mag in the mix

@Tepzad ph7.0 is neutral ,not alkaline or acid .. To say it's soft is misleading hardness comes down to EC etc...

2 people like this

21 minutes ago, Arthur Mix said:

@Tepzad ph7.0 is neutral ,not alkaline or acid .. To say it's soft is misleading hardness comes down to EC etc...

Sorry mate should have said not hard as appose to soft didn’t mean to mislead

Cation exchange in coco -  in to google comes up with some good answers.

Coco is a thief when using soft or filtered water!! :ninja:

You have a Garden of Eden sounding faucet though. You hear my water coming 4 seconds before it arrives :puke:

1 person likes this