Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Hippy

Plagron Batmix help needed

18 posts in this topic

Never used this stuff before but couldnt get my usual so thought i would give it a go.

Potted on into this stuff from my 7" pots into my final 12" pots 2 weeks ago.

At the time of potting on my plants were showing signs of yellowing but seeing as the Batmix states not to feed for 6 weeks i presumed the nutes in it would soon bring some colour back.

Growth has been average but the colour hasnt  returned to my plants.

Temps in room are all good and lights are hung at safe distance from canopy.

Looks to me like they all need a shot of nitrogen,i know the batmix is low in this and could maybe be the issue.

My dilems is would adding some vegging feed into the batmix at this stage cause over feed considering they state theres feed for 6 weeks in the soil. Any suggestions would be gratefully received. Thanks

You in veg or flower?

31 minutes ago, Tigstar82 said:

You in veg or flower?

1 week in flower mate

how about a folia feed.?

1 person likes this

Hi Mate i tried gurnokalong batmix on my last grow and also had a lot of yellowing because i was scared to overfeed them as it states the soil has enough food in it already. Another marketing trick to catch a stoner out! Once i started feeding them with my regular nutes i got them back to lush green again! I must say it took me a while to get them up to speed. I have now gone back to the biobizz light mix which puts you more in control of your whole grow, cant seem to beat it.

1 person likes this

Ignore the 7 weeks start feeding whenever the plants tell you to. 2 weeks is about right. I used to use plagron went to house and garden batmix as it’s cheaper, treat it the same as any fortified soil mix.

3 people like this

Yeah I recently tried Plagron Batmix for a change, never again!! Had loads of yellowing and burned leaves, stems were very red, yield was piss poor, and to top it off got fungus gnats too :( worst grow I've done in ages.

+1 for Biobizz Light Mix, never changing soil again!

3 people like this

Just now, cypher79 said:

Yeah I recently tried Plagron Batmix for a change, never again!! Had loads of yellowing and burned leaves, stems were very red, yield was piss poor, and to top it off got fungus gnats too :( worst grow I've done in ages.

I always done alright with it and gone though dozens and dozens of bags with no pests, sounds like you overfed.. it’s a hot soil it’s easy to mess up.

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, cypher79 said:

Yes i also had pesky little fungus gnats in my pots and i have never had them before! You know the old saying " if it anit broke dont try to fix it " 

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, nl5 said:

I always done alright with it and gone though dozens and dozens of bags with no pests, sounds like you overfed.. it’s a hot soil it’s easy to mess up.

I was barely feeding anything tbh mate...I think it might be strain dependant as I also had similar problems with Biobizz All Mix and this same strain.

Just now, rigs62 said:

Yes i also had pesky little fungus gnats in my pots and i have never had them before! You know the old saying " if it anit broke dont try to fix it " 

Yup, I really regret trying it....I've seen it recommended on here loads of times, so pretty gutted that I had a bad experience with....maybe Plagron had a dodgy batch or something? :unsure:

1 person likes this

Just now, cypher79 said:

I was barely feeding anything tbh mate...I think it might be strain dependant as I also had similar problems with Biobizz All Mix and this same strain.

Yup, I really regret trying it....I've seen it recommended on here loads of times, so pretty gutted that I had a bad experience with....maybe Plagron had a dodgy batch or something? :unsure:

I had a few bags with big lumps of wood now I think about it, I think that’s why I changed to the H&G batmix aswel as the price - was good few years ago, the fungus nats are more likely to come from the soil being stored badly by the growshop. It’s not that hard to get the feed right, should be feeding something like 2ml bloom and 1ml grow/fishmix every watering after about 2 weeks, then adjust up or down if they look hungry or over fed, the bat guano is supposed to enhance the flavour of the buds not replace the feed really.

3 people like this

11 minutes ago, nl5 said:

My plants hadnt received any feed prior to putting em in this stuff.

My usual regime really dosent require me to feed because the compost has just enough guts to it to see em through the 7 " pot stage. 

Usually get em in 12 " then 2 weeks after start  bloom feeding.

Mad as it might seem i use levingtons multi with added john inns and get great results.

Big yields and healthy plants.

Crazy how a change from your usual way can kick ya in the balls.

Pissed right off at the mo,when ya know usual compost its easier to put things right without the doubt of making things worse.

So would you suggest me to feed em?if they looked like this in levingtons i wouldnt hesitate.

1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, nl5 said:

I had a few bags with big lumps of wood now I think about it, I think that’s why I changed to the H&G batmix aswel as the price - was good few years ago, the fungus nats are more likely to come from the soil being stored badly by the growshop. It’s not that hard to get the feed right, should be feeding something like 2ml bloom and 1ml grow/fishmix every watering after about 2 weeks, then adjust up or down if they look hungry or over fed, the bat guano is supposed to enhance the flavour of the buds not replace the feed really.

What bloom and fishmix you using buddy?

Just now, Hippy said:

My plants hadnt received any feed prior to putting em in this stuff.

My usual regime really dosent require me to feed because the compost has just enough guts to it to see em through the 7 " pot stage. 

Usually get em in 12 " then 2 weeks after start  bloom feeding.

Mad as it might seem i use levingtons multi with added john inns and get great results.

Big yields and healthy plants.

Crazy how a change from your usual way can kick ya in the balls.

Pissed right off at the mo,when ya know usual compost its easier to put things right without the doubt of making things worse.

So would you suggest me to feed em?if they looked like this in levingtons i wouldnt hesitate.

Yes mate feed them if they look hungry, I normally start with a light feed and build up to ot1s feed schedule.

Just now, Hippy said:

What bloom and fishmix you using buddy?

Plant magic bloom and biobizz fishmix.