Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Hippy

Advice with LEDs

Hi,seen some LEDs systems on sale claiming to be as good,if not better than HPS.

With some recent advances in this tech ime now curious if these claims are real.

Defo dont want my yield to drop for a start,currently using 600 watt hps.

Seen one recently that looked amazing,mega bright and cool running which is what ime looking for this summer.

Was 440 watt and claimed to match a 1100 watt hps. 

Can this be true?

Have not used LEDs myself, but did a little bit if research,  my conclusion was the tech has moved on massively but there seemed to a big difference between the various products out there and a fair bit of in depth research would be needed to asses the quality of those products.   It also looked like there were alot of sub standard products, making wild claims.   There were a few top of the range products that seemed to get lots of good reviews but they were really pricey. 

As to the specific question about the 440 watt, I dont know....but one thing I did pick up was that it isnt just about lumens with leds, the spectrum of light is crucial too and that varied from product to product.   I went for LEC or CMH bulbs instead, so far I am impressed.

1 person likes this

21 hours ago, Hippy said:

Was 440 watt and claimed to match a 1100 watt hps. 

:fart:

4 people like this

19 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

Have not used LEDs myself, but did a little bit if research,  my conclusion was the tech has moved on massively but there seemed to a big difference between the various products out there and a fair bit of in depth research would be needed to asses the quality of those products.   It also looked like there were alot of sub standard products, making wild claims.   There were a few top of the range products that seemed to get lots of good reviews but they were really pricey. 

As to the specific question about the 440 watt, I dont know....but one thing I did pick up was that it isnt just about lumens with leds, the spectrum of light is crucial too and that varied from product to product.   I went for LEC or CMH bulbs instead, so far I am impressed.

Cheers mate,the one i was looking at was a 9 cob unit and the light spectrum looked very good,big spike in the red and really decent in the green and blue.

Cost bout a grand,just need someone that uses a top end LED unit to verify if these elite units really do compare of even beat hps fof yield.

Know that the quality of the weed can often be better with LED due to the lack of heat that is hitting the canopy.

Hi m8 have a look at diyleduk sponser  part of the forum. 

The claims he makes can be backed up with proof and he is a top guy for getting you the right light for your space 

1 minute ago, diyleduk said:

:fart:

Hi mate,isnt that really not possible?

Just now, Hippy said:

Hi mate,isnt that really not possible?

Its possible on paper if you want to spend £1500 on the 440w light.

Now imagine you have a room with 4x 1100w lights in and you have that dialed. Now put 4 x 440w in there and try dial it in, never mind getting the same yield.

Just sales bollocks. 

3 people like this

1 hour ago, diyleduk said:

Its possible on paper if you want to spend £1500 on the 440w light.

Now imagine you have a room with 4x 1100w lights in and you have that dialed. Now put 4 x 440w in there and try dial it in, never mind getting the same yield.

Just sales bollocks. 

Sorry to be so clueless bout it all but i defo aint no techno when it comes to charts and figures with LEDS.

What is the reading that would suggest the claims,is it the PPFD figure?

If not whats one/s?

System level efficacy (μMol/J) 

If a hps light rund at 1.4 μmol/j you would need a led light running at 2.8μmol/j to reduce the wattage by half. And even then, 2gpw < Not going to happen lol 

30% is what i go off. You can save 30% of you leccy or an extra 30% more light at the canopy with the same ish wattage. thats with the latest tech.

2 people like this

6 minutes ago, diyleduk said:

System level efficacy (μMol/J) 

If a hps light rund at 1.4 μmol/j you would need a led light running at 2.8μmol/j to reduce the wattage by half. And even then, 2gpw < Not going to happen lol 

30% is what i go off. You can save 30% of you leccy or an extra 30% more light at the canopy with the same ish wattage. thats with the latest tech.

If i give you some figures what do you think mate.

Taken 1 meter under bulbs.

PPF-R = 242.75

PPF-G=277.67

PPF-B=88.41

PPF-NIR=24.05

PPFD=609.52 

1 person likes this