Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

WeedSurfer

Intake and extraction at top of grow room?

I've currently got my insulated grow room inside the shed and have just discovered my White Widow Auto's which are just about to be harvested have got mould. I'm putting this down to the fact that my passive intake air is at the bottom of the box so the temps down there must have got too low when we had freezing temps outside.

I've got a 16" wall mounted oscillating fan in there which even on lowest speed creates load of airflow. I was thinking of having my intake air come in from behind the oscillating fan which is above the height of the plants which should mix it up with the hot air and stop it getting too cool in any area.

Can anyone see any problems with my idea?

I'd be looking at a different reason as to why you got mould. Its certainly not because of passives being down low. Thats where they are supposed to be

Owd

1 person likes this

Consider filtering your intake as much as possible.  Mould is omnipresent outside your shed.  You have nice warm conditions for it to thrive inside.  Use some cooker hood material with carbon in to try and filter out the spores.

2 people like this

Is your intake from inside the shed or outside?

1 person likes this

45 minutes ago, Owderb said:

I'd be looking at a different reason as to why you got mould. Its certainly not because of passives being down low. Thats where they are supposed to be

Owd

Cheers Owd. I just thought because the air coming through the intake can be at temps as low as outside ie. Freezing! that this might have caused the temps low down to be too low. But if you reckon it's more likely that there's just way more spores coming in I might just have to move my grow room into the upstairs bedroom instead. I just thought the spores were always in the air no matter what and it's just cooler temps and high humidity which cause them to germinate.

Just now, Phoenix said:

Is your intake from inside the shed or outside?

The intake is from inside the shed

Better than outside this time of year.  Try a filtered intake.

It's higher temps and higher humidity that will activate them spores.  

Low temps and high humidity don't always go hand in hand.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Phoenix said:

Better than outside this time of year.  Try a filtered intake.

It's higher temps and higher humidity that will activate them spores.  

Low temps and high humidity don't always go hand in hand.

Do you reckon I'd have to have an active intake if I used a filter?

My 4" round intake pre filter.

large.rps20190108_001122_477.jpglarge.rps20190108_001209_564.jpg

1 person likes this

4" round passive activated charcoal intake filter.

large.rps20190108_001738_925.jpg

Just a couple of ideas.

You can clearly see how much shit my prefilters pick up in the pic.  

Will prolong the life of your stinky filter too.

1 person likes this

That's just debris. Airborne shite.  I'm not saying that a physical pre filter will irradicate mould.  Nor would I even hedge a bet that it would reduce it.  Cause it would be hard to prove.

In the meantime I do what I can to keep my intake air as clean as I can.

Makes sense.

1 person likes this

On 08/01/2019 at 0:27 AM, Phoenix said:

That's just debris. Airborne shite.  I'm not saying that a physical pre filter will irradicate mould.  Nor would I even hedge a bet that it would reduce it.  Cause it would be hard to prove.

In the meantime I do what I can to keep my intake air as clean as I can.

Makes sense.

Nice one. Makes sense to me. I think I'll actually use an active intake with a spare 4" Rhino filter I've got

1 person likes this