Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Rampa Green

Iced grapefruit pics

27 posts in this topic

Dried buds 

large.A37F08CD-25AC-45B3-BDEC-470D260696A2.jpeglarge.712EB191-B8F4-49B3-A827-4BCB90478B36.jpeglarge.47ADB6CB-7CD2-49E6-8265-1745F13F8D28.jpeg

9 people like this

they came out rather nice by the looks of things ..

2 people like this

On 01/02/2019 at 9:06 PM, vince noir rock n roll star said:

excellent smoke report ...you should try sexbud based upon your review of iced grapefruit ..youd love it .

I have both those for later in the year

@Rampa Green more smoke reports please lol   eta nice plants mate 

Edited by Jimboo
4 people like this

On 1/21/2019 at 5:11 PM, Rampa Green said:

@Female Seeds Team

Thank you for the very kind words.

i do love the iced grapefruit. This is the third time and from seed each time.  A pack of 5 I bought in 2010 & the very first known seeds I used, also like someone else on uk420, it was the first strain i smoked pure. As I do now.

This time round is the quickest flowering pheno so far.  Looks bang on ready in 8 weeks exactly tonight.  Must be the ice shining through like you say.

I will grab more pics later. But I will be taking down several branches if not all of them tonight.

the trichs are shouting “ready” at me.  There are several Amber and rest are bulging and milky.  Looks done to me and the jars are empty and dishwasher sparkly.

Atb 

rampa 

Kind words deserved my friend.  8 weeks? Nice one, it must be the fast pheno indeed :) 

I also thought they were basically finished, but as always it depends on your experience and taste, of course.

On 2/1/2019 at 5:03 PM, Rampa Green said:

Wow

Effect

this is a fantastic smoke.  The mental shift it gives you is well....where did that last 1.5hrs go. I’ve just returned from the most amazing mind journey.  Feels like a reboot for the soul with an added vacation thrown in. Spiritually uplifting, happy weed this is.   Anyone with anxiety issues, this will make them issues disappear.  I’m full of joy, confidence and want to be creative.  Very artistic high on this genotype.   Superb.

Taste/smell

mmmmmmm citrusy grapefruit pineapple skunky hash.  Very sticky buds with copious trichomes.  Can’t stop shoving my whole being inside the Kilner, I wish i could fit in there, oh well my face will have to be enough.

Very very smooth to smoke, feels like I could inhale the whole doobie in one draw, if only my lung capacity was bigger.  Lovely white ash so I know I’ve done it justice.  A longer cure can only improve these buds.  Marvellous.

Yield

Not quite as much as I thought, but as there was 4 plants under a 400, 80grams is acceptable for me. Plus decent amount of trim to hash. The other 3 plants look like they will average more so heading towards a gram per watt overall.

I do love the iced grapefruit and I’m sure you would too.

That's what we call a proper smoke report, @Rampa Green outstanding descriptions :D What a great way to end this lovely thread!

It seems like, (correct me if I am wrong, please), that you got a strong Sativa side out of yours Iced Grapefruit, isn't it?  The effect sounds amazing my friend, it makes me want to go for another run of Iced Grape. in the nearly future.

I am also glad that you found out about the medicinal side of this strain. Anxiety it's indeed one of the aspects that a hybrid like this can definitely take care of, even though there are more. 
At this right moment we are still looking to make a proper and complete medical profile on some of our strains, especially those ones like Iced Grape. that surely provides help for specific issues like anxiety, depression but also pain. Ice related strains are strong medicinal varieties.

Description of smell and taste are totally mouthwatering and perfectly match the features of this hybrid! 

I think a proper Scrog (as the ICE genes are evident and if you stimulate them, she will turn into a great producer) or even further training will help you a lot. This strain enjoys a bit of torture, not too much obviously, but in any case you can play with it quite a lot ;) 

Thanks again for sharing your passion and love with us, I am happy you stopped by.

And now, just enjoy :smoke:and relax ( pretty sure you are doing it already :naughty:

Cheers,
Mr B.

Edited by Female Seeds Team
1 person likes this

Nice one on the harvest @Rampa Green Iced Grapefruit was one of the first dairies I did on UK420 and still have fond memories (surprising for a stoner :D) of this lovely plant and smoke, enjoy which from the sounds of it you are :yep:

2 people like this

Curing bud 

large.02FC6576-2DF4-4589-BBDF-9968664B4E1C.jpeg

2 people like this

grown to perfection mate! brings back memories from when i toyed with this strain. It is no doubt a beautiful experience watching these grow and the smoke is up there with the best :bong:

2 people like this

Nice pics and smoke report:yep:

@Female Seeds Team is it the same auto genes in the IG as in Sexbud?

2 people like this

10 hours ago, LHC said:

Nice pics and smoke report:yep:

@Female Seeds Team is it the same auto genes in the IG as in Sexbud?

That's a good and interesting question but tbh I'll need to ask our breeder to be sure.

I'll be back in the next days with some facts :)

Cheers,
Mr B.

1 person likes this

On 2/21/2019 at 11:00 AM, Female Seeds Team said:

That's a good and interesting question but tbh I'll need to ask our breeder to be sure.

I'll be back in the next days with some facts :)

Cheers,
Mr B.

@Female Seeds Team did you find out about this?

1 person likes this

On 3/19/2019 at 0:34 AM, LHC said:

@Female Seeds Team did you find out about this?

Hey @LHC, here I am eventually ;) 

So...let's see. As stated earlier, Sexbud is a White Grapefruit x C99 x Auto Jack while The Iced Grapefruit simply is ICE x Grapefruit.

Now, since Grapefruit was selected from a C99 pheno, and since our C99 has some auto genes in its genetic background (Auto-Jack), you can say that the Auto genes that were used in the C99, are somehow part of the lineage and genes of Iced Grapefruit, through the Grapefruit strain itself.

In order to fully understand this may help you too:

By crossing the C99 with a an autoflowering you get a population of photoperiodic and autoflowerings plants. Our breeder's selection was made after fast flowering traits (which was what he was aiming at)  and not autoflowering obviously. Later, as you can imagine, he stabilised it through various generations and this is how we got our current C99. 

Hope this helps :)

Cheers,
Mr B.

1 person likes this