Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Superlemonjay

Hummidity hydrometer temp control help please lol

Posted (edited)

I have done a few grows now with varying degrees of success. I have invested in a hydrometer which has identified my issues,

i grow in a 1.2 x 1.2 x 2m tent with a 6 inch extraction along with a 4 inch intake both hooked up to a twin fan speed controller set to around 40%. My lights are 600w hps with a variable ballast.

Firstly i noticed at lights off, my temp was around 20c and my humidity 60 - too high as far as humidity goes and as my grow is in a spare room where i would prefer not to have the window open all the tine as its a ground floor room (para pete and all)  i understand my only options are to place a fan inside the tent, turn my speed controller up a bit and hope this can get the humidity out of the tent. I also have a dehumidifier with a 20l tray would it be best to use this outside the tent, perhaps next to the inlet during lights off?

as for when lights on, my humidity dropped to 40% my temp rocketed to 33 degrees. When turned down to 400w the temp almost immedietly dropped to 28. Now my understanding is that enviornment is essential above all else, should i sacrifise the 200w for a better enviornment? Its only two plants i have in so this would maybe suffice until my next grow when i can introduce a cool tube or something?

any advice would be appreciated!

Edited by Superlemonjay

Hey man, that's a difficult situation being on a ground floor.

I had some humidity issues myself recently and did a lot of research, one of the tips in saw in another thread and apologies I would quote them but I can't remember who said it.

They suggested chilled bottled water in front of a fan. Make sure its no frozen though as this will make humidity worse.

Can't help  you with rest as I dont have the experience but if your budget allowed maybe look at the led sponsors section which would help with temps.

5 minutes ago, Megumin said:

Hey man, that's a difficult situation being on a ground floor.

I had some humidity issues myself recently and did a lot of research, one of the tips in saw in another thread and apologies I would quote them but I can't remember who said it.

They suggested chilled bottled water in front of a fan. Make sure its no frozen though as this will make humidity worse.

Can't help  you with rest as I dont have the experience but if your budget allowed maybe look at the led sponsors section which would help with temps.

Its a nightmare man all i want is some smoke! lol

thanks for the suggestion ill look at that when i get in!

i turned the light to 400 and left for work, eager to get home and see whats going on in there lol

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Superlemonjay said:

Its a nightmare man all i want is some smoke! lol

thanks for the suggestion ill look at that when i get in!

i turned the light to 400 and left for work, eager to get home and see whats going on in there lol

can I make a small suggestion in regards to the heat issue you had I came across a similar problem after a little research I found a solution I bought some CO2 bags and placed them in the tent because from what I read this allowed the temps to be slightly hire with out effecting the plants something to do with the higher co2 levels in the room anyway after doing this my plants responded really well to it I'm no pro by any means lol but its just a tip I found 

11 hours ago, freedom4ever said:

can I make a small suggestion in regards to the heat issue you had I came across a similar problem after a little research I found a solution I bought some CO2 bags and placed them in the tent because from what I read this allowed the temps to be slightly hire with out effecting the plants something to do with the higher co2 levels in the room anyway after doing this my plants responded really well to it I'm no pro by any means lol but its just a tip I found 

Never even knew these existed mate! Always said i didnt want to muck about with co2 but those co2 bags look great may well get myself involved and see how i go! Appreciated!

1 person likes this

With your fans what type are they ? Rvk have two types a low power and high powered so the six inch if it the low powered one may not be enough , think the E is low the high powe is L .. The L type does 720m3hr the E does 428m3hr..:oldtoker:

1 person likes this

27 minutes ago, Superlemonjay said:

Never even knew these existed mate! Always said i didnt want to muck about with co2 but those co2 bags look great may well get myself involved and see how i go! Appreciated!

No problem you are welcome I just bought the cheap green ones I only ended up needing one so I've saved the other for the next one 

1 hour ago, Arthur Mix said:

With your fans what type are they ? Rvk have two types a low power and high powered so the six inch if it the low powered one may not be enough , think the E is low the high powe is L .. The L type does 720m3hr the E does 428m3hr..:oldtoker:

My inlet is a 4inch rvk but unsure which of the models it is, i paid 50/60 a few momths ago. My outlet is quite an old fan to be fair, its a TD500 i think maybe not 500: where its sat its difficult to get to the underside to see the model number. This could be my issue but even running at 40% it seems to be shifting a fair amount but this could just be the noise of an older fan. Next thing i meed to buy is a decent 6 inch rvk i think.

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, Superlemonjay said:

My inlet is a 4inch rvk but unsure which of the models it is, i paid 50/60 a few momths ago. My outlet is quite an old fan to be fair, its a TD500 i think maybe not 500: where its sat its difficult to get to the underside to see the model number. This could be my issue but even running at 40% it seems to be shifting a fair amount but this could just be the noise of an older fan. Next thing i meed to buy is a decent 6 inch rvk i think.

the E and L models are 5" and above 4" is just 1 speed. 

Edited by smallbeginings
1 person likes this

So i replaced my old, battered td500 with an L series RVK 6 inch fan. Also bought a cool tube and set it all up this afternoon. 

My light is up at 660w and my temp is at 27.8 with a humidity of 47%. Now just to see what the humidity jumps up to at lights off. 

Great shout with the fan replacement, much appreciated!

1 person likes this

Ah brilliant news mate, glad the guys were able to help again.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Don’t sweat it too much mate. If your temps are in the correct range then all good is what I say. 40-60 humidity is good man.  Just have a small oscillating fan in there to stop any bud rot occurring.   Filters tend to get less efficient as can fail when you get to 80% humidity.  Just Keep night time temp above 20 

Edited by Rampa Green
Spelling
1 person likes this

On 09/01/2019 at 8:20 AM, Rampa Green said:

Don’t sweat it too much mate. If your temps are in the correct range then all good is what I say. 40-60 humidity is good man.  Just have a small oscillating fan in there to stop any bud rot occurring.   Filters tend to get less efficient as can fail when you get to 80% humidity.  Just Keep night time temp above 20 

Ive been keeping an eye on temps and rh for a couple of days.

im growing autos and 4.5 weeks into my 10 weeks. Lights are on 19 hours of the day and my temps are 26/28 with an rh of 43/46%. When lights go off however the temp drops to around 19\21 with an rh of 56\58. Should i be concerned? My understanding is that things like bud rot can become an issue at rh of above 60%. I intend to try and track down a small dehumidifier with an on off switch so i can attach it to a timer to come on at lights off.

i also have a 6 ibch clip on fan blowing over the plants but may upgrade to a larger osolating fan as they get bigger.

No mate

no concern

your humidity is within the normal excepted range. Always keep your fans on and you will be golden.  I’d get a hygrometer with external temp probe and put that in one of your pots. The pots could be a couple of degrees lower room temp.

Edited by Rampa Green
Extra info
1 person likes this

If you raise your night time temperature your humidity will drop...