Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Fernandorancid

Help sick plants, slow growth!

Coming up to week 5 of Growth, using Advanced Nutrients Sensi Grow, Tarantula, Voodoo Juice, Pirhana, the latter 3 just for the first 2 weeks, growtg has been very slow, Necrosis forming on the leaves, yellow spots turning brown and crusty and eating away the leaves, growing in 100% coco, pots are 30Litres with a few 20Litre pots too (smart pots/Fabric). I really need help on this one, Ive looked for signs of bugs/pests, cant see anything with a loupe. Ive added some Cal mag and seaweed nutes ad they were pale and looking like they were lacking Nitrogen too, but new growth still had the same problem. Please I hope somebody can help, this is my 10th grow and I've never had such problems, also 1 more thing is, the strain is Blue Gelato. I want to up load pics from my phone but cant figure out how!! Annoying.

Send photos to your PC then resize them in 'Paint'.  Works for me.

2 people like this

Aww man, I only have my phone at the moment, no PC or laptop. Damn. Is there no way to send them direct from moblie?

Yeah mate download an application called photo re-sizer. This will make the pictures smaller and you can then upload them through the gallery section.

If you need with that just ask.

2 people like this

I've never grown in coco so I don't know what the deal is but those seem like really enormous pots for 5 weeks of slow veg? 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

possibly overwatering in pots that size.They are far too big! 15 litre pots would grow a tree in coco. You should pot - up gradually,when pots have rooted out. Did you just put seeds/cuttings straight into those big pots? This would be better posted in 'hydroponics' - 'coco coir'

Edited by ursus1000
2 people like this

Yes, I'm starting to see the error of my ways, Ive never gone above 15l pots before, and I usually drop the seed straight in after germination, unfortunately this time all theu had left at my local Grow shop was 30l and a few 20l, how can I rectify this overwatering and what should be the next step? How long do i let them dry out for without doing damage mate? It just goes to show how there is som much too learn in this game, I thought i was relatively experienced because I just stuck to a formula that was working pretty well, untill I changed these pots SMH

14 minutes ago, Fernandorancid said:

Yes, I'm starting to see the error of my ways, Ive never gone above 15l pots before, and I usually drop the seed straight in after germination, unfortunately this time all theu had left at my local Grow shop was 30l and a few 20l, how can I rectify this overwatering and what should be the next step? How long do i let them dry out for without doing damage mate? It just goes to show how there is som much too learn in this game, I thought i was relatively experienced because I just stuck to a formula that was working pretty well, untill I changed these pots SMH

Don't let the coco dry out too much - it depends on how wet the coco is really - ideally, you want the entire medium damp, so the roots will push outwards and fill out the space.

Do you know the temps in those pots? Are the leaves droopy or is the new growth small and tightly packed? Limited experience, but I've found that slow, tightly packed growth can be due to chilly root temps rather than over watering... As was said already, potting up in stages avoids chances of over watering once you are past the seedling stage.

Good luck! :v: