Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

58mike

Fairly new grower seeking help

Hello all. I've been growing for a little but feel I'm getting nowhere near what I should be. I'm using a 2m x 1.2m tent with a 600w bulb and have roughly been getting 6oz per harvest. I was thinking of switching to LED lights so was hoping somebody exoerienced could give me some tips/advice on what I should except and how to get it. I am willing to invest to get better but I'm not sure where I should be starting. 

Any help I could get would be gratefully appreciated. 

Thanks 

2 people like this

well I would keep your 600w light mate, as it will be good enough to grow loads of bud.

what are you growing in? mud, coco, water or what?

I would read a few diaries, and it will become clear where you are going wrong, or better still, start a diary on here and lots of people will help you out, im sure, but I cant answer your question without more information

like feeds, light schedules, what nutrients your using, what strain etc. 

5 people like this

Thanks for the advice badbillybob. I've been using coco but only been getting around 6oz dried from around 4 plants. Have you any idea where would be the best place here to show the ideal set up for a tent my size? I'm struggling to navigate the site well on my phone and cant seem to see if there's a how to section. I'll definitely start a grow diary once I've finished this current one. 

How long are you begging for? What’s nutrients are you using? Temperatures?

Ounce and a half per plant is about as much as you can get from a plant in a 6l pot, I suspect pot size and veg times are crucial here.

Maybe you are not going far wrong anyway.

Don't ditch the 600w.

1 person likes this

@Sasquatch That’s not right dude as I average 2 to 3oz per plant in 6 litre pots, it’s easily achievable if your environment is good and most importantly veg them up for long enough, in my current grow they were vegged up in the final pots for 3.5 weeks, total veg time from germination until flower was nearly 8 weeks. If you want good yields you need a lot of patience.

2 people like this

I'm growing on about 12l pots and using the canna products. A thermometer is something I need to replace. I've got a radiator in them but will find out exactly what the temp is. Regarding the veg period I'm about 8 weeks from seed. I think they were around 20-25cm when I changed to flower.

Do any of you know where to find like an idiots guide to make sure I have everything set up right? I feel I'm probably skipping some of the basics.

@58mike what medium are you are growin dude?, if it is compost with organic nutes then I will link you to one of my diaries, this will show you how to get big yields from a simple compost grow with minimal nutrients.

If you are hydro though this wont help much.

Feel free to ask me any questions.

I just looked in that diary and I used 11 litre pots. For a 6 litres pot grow check out my current diary.

Thanks very much! . To be honest I'd be happy to try anything that would get me the best results. I had been using professional plus coco with the canna feeds. I'd happily try anything to get better results. This looks like the ideal place to get some help :)plus coco. Coco with the canna feeds

1 person likes this

Environment is key definitely sort temperature make sure extraction is good. As said veg time is important too also health through flower are your plants healthy too the end. Read and read diary’s on here and get your own up 12-15oz with 600w should be easy 20+ if all is good. Also trazining plants for the space is important too

3 people like this

Owd's simple grow diary is a good read for a hand watered coco grow... But there are a ton of diaries in the coco section and many from very experienced growers.

One thing stuck out - are you going judging when to go 12/12 by plant height? I'd be more concerned about how well rooted the pots are than with the height of the plants...

After you are sure your environment is good and your watering/feeding the coco right, you could try plant training to increase yield.

Best of luck! :v:

2 people like this

50 minutes ago, Slugums said:

One thing stuck out - are you going judging when to go 12/12 by plant height? I'd be more concerned about how well rooted the pots are than with the height of the plants...

:yep:

2 people like this

On 09/01/2019 at 1:06 AM, 58mike said:

Thanks for the advice badbillybob. I've been using coco but only been getting around 6oz dried from around 4 plants. Have you any idea where would be the best place here to show the ideal set up for a tent my size? I'm struggling to navigate the site well on my phone and cant seem to see if there's a how to section. I'll definitely start a grow diary once I've finished this current one. 

12 hours ago, 58mike said:

Thanks very much! . To be honest I'd be happy to try anything that would get me the best results. I had been using professional plus coco with the canna feeds. I'd happily try anything to get better results. This looks like the ideal place to get some help :)plus coco. Coco with the canna feeds

Hey Mike, I grow in coco using 8l fabric pots & can pull substantially more per plant than you did from the 4 total, last time I grew out photosensitive strains i vegged them for just over 8 weeks, flowered for 9.5 weeks to achieve an average of about 8oz per plant(3 plants) under a 600w HPS.

So my advice is to veg them a good bit longer and feed more frequently if you can, feeding a little and often during flower seems to boost the end results quite considerably.  The best investment you can make imo is patience, lots of patience before flipping them & to let them finish up to their potential if you want bigger plants/better numbers.

All the best bro :yinyang:

2 people like this