Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

FarmerPalmersNT

Saionara TAF Ti bucket

Bought one of these as a christmas pressie to myself. Its the top airflow version which allows the use of the bucket coils (quartz and ti options). I have been using a modified yocan magneto as my go-to pen for a while now, but finding cleaning the miracle coils a chore and the ceramic donuts not a lot better. As a result they are a bit knackered after the third or fourth proper clean so getting through them fast. Have used a huge variety of concentrate vapes and so have a LOT to compare it to.

The Sai is a 510 base that requires a box mod, and has a huge range of coil options. I wanted the to bucket option as these have excellent reveiews. The source, divine tribe and others do them, but I've not been impressed overall.

After a lot of experimenting I have got to a point where it is pretty much impossible to find fault, and I genuinely don't see how its possible to get a handheld any better than this. That said it did require a lot of playing with to get right.

The Sai has a HUGE bucket. Almost rig size. It can hit HARD and also provide decent flavour. A decent mod box and the correct settings are absolutely essential in my opinion, and the settings I have seen published as suggestions are not great IME. The coil works by heating a ceramic doughnut below a screw-in one piece Ti bucket (the old one was two piece and not as good). So most TC mods make a bit of a mess of temperature estimation. Some of the settings on reddit were also way too high and it ran just about OK - but leaving a lot of pooled waste and inconsistent flavour.

Eventually I settled on a TCR of 320 at 350f on a smoant naboo. It fires at 60W, then drops immediately to fluctuate at about 20-23W. The temperature is accurate at the bucket (tested it with a thermocouple). Vapour is instant, no need to preheat and the clouds are very thick and tasty. Took me a long while to get to this as I'm no expert with TC/TCR and the settings posted elsewhere just weren't right for me.

large.20181228_194431.jpg

Flavour is superb, handles a very large dab no problem and hits as hard as a rig. If run to the end you can use all but the very last bits of rosin so very little waste at all. You can use the lot if you like but taste does suffer a bit as with any rig. Flavour though is its strength - this is knockout. Really, really impressive. Lower or higher temps can be used but I've found 350 a good compromise. 

Cleaning it is the absolute best thing ever. I just fire it briefly to warm it then twist a bit of tissue round it a couple of times and its done! No more fucking about with iso or soaks. Just an absolute dream.

On the downsides it does need to be held very carefully and upright. If you forgetfully tip it when the oil is warm it will make a shit mess. It does also need a decent TCR mod too otherwise you don't get the best from it. 

All in the box mod was £40 and the TAF kit with the ti bucket and spare quartz one (that I've only used once) was £55. So just under £100 for the lot.

Anyone thinking of getting one - hope this helps, and anyone else's experience and settings welcomed!

3 people like this

Just found out you can use the ceramic heater coil from the quartz bucket with the Ti one as they are interchangeable. This is a ceramic bowl rather than a doughnut and so offers slightly more even heating of the Ti bucket allegedly. Have swapped it over.

2 people like this

Aye the Sai is good it’s just greedy lol 

2 people like this

13 hours ago, Arthur Mix said:

Aye the Sai is good it’s just greedy lol 

So am I so that suits me fine :D

Been looking into settings and the consensus on FC is that the published settings are, as suspected, crap. In fact if you use the recommended you will overheat the doughnut and cause the metal to flow on the legs of the coil, which buggers it and it doesn't work well hence forth.

So - if you do get one use the setting here as a starting point. Others have recommended 315 as a TCR value, with temps from 300-450 depending on preference. 320 TCR and 350f works best for me.

@FarmerPalmersNT Irc I was around 300 when I started with it .. May just be me but I preferred the divine tribe v3 for flavour ... The sai always had a bit of a taste IMHO tried three or so different coils Still preferred the ceramic but it's nice to fiddle with multiple devices lol 

Did you have a Ti bucket coil? Funny that - I have a DT3 and find it the other way round! Also never managed to stop the DT3 leaking :(

ETA: The quartz cup for the sai is heated by a ceramic cup it sits inside so this works as a ceramic cup if you want it. I haven't done that as I wanted to keep it clean to ensure proper heating of the inserts, but if I can find a decent source of coils I might try it out when I have a spare.

Edited by FarmerPalmersNT

I had it when it first came out and tried the three coils it came with , Divine tribe and Shenzhen use same factory irc... I had no leaks with the dt3 but use the middle size donut , with the sai with the open coils I could always taste the coils , same with the small dab pen I used to have from topgreen called v1 ... I tried so many devices it's untrue and ended up using the dt3 most... Before they even made these I was using coils in drippers to dab off , seems a long time ago lol 

2 people like this

1 minute ago, Arthur Mix said:

I had it when it first came out and tried the three coils it came with , Divine tribe and Shenzhen use same factory irc... I had no leaks with the dt3 but use the middle size donut , with the sai with the open coils I could always taste the coils , same with the small dab pen I used to have from topgreen called v1 ... I tried so many devices it's untrue and ended up using the dt3 most... Before they even made these I was using coils in drippers to dab off , seems a long time ago lol 

Yeah - both made by crossing tech. Same factory. I like doughnuts but its cleaning that pushed me to the bucket coils. Don't really like open coils generally at all.

I'd agree that the sai regular coils have a taste, they are a bit brutal for my tastes. The Ti cup with the TAF top is a hole new ball game dude - if you haven't tried it I highly recommend it.

1 person likes this

Just a follow up. Been using this heavily and as my exclusive vape method now. Its completely changed my vaping without a doubt. Ti bucket is as clean as when I bought it, and never used anything more than a bit of tissue on it. Flavour and clouds remain phenomenal. Can't see that I'll ever need another dab vape. 

I genuinely don't think it's possible to beat this. I've even tried it at 400 with a whip on my fab egg, and a bubbler. Performs as well as any top end expensive desktop or my enail and hits HARD. Highly recommended. My wife prefers it for flavour over her lynx hypnos and she's a sensitive sort! 

1 person likes this

Hey guys, 

Hope all is well! I recently came across a few rave reviews about the Saionara and searched it on here and found your thread also praising the device. 

I wondered if you could link me up to a UK vendor or reseller stocking the Sai please. Ive seen one or two on amazon but are an extortionate £150 for just the atomiser and one kanthal style coil! 

Thanks & atb! 

LP

ahoy @lattitudepirate1, I bought mine of flea bay for 50 notes with the ti and quartz buckets/ coils. Been using mine daily for a couple of months and had no issues with coils and what not I really like it just give the bucket a quick wipe and good to go.

@golf.007 - Thanks chap! wasn't sure if I would get a reply what with the thread being a few months old! Im gonna bite the bullet and give it a go. I noticed theres a few on Fleabay for 39.95 with the TI bucket. 

Cheers ATB

1 person likes this

@lattitudepirate1, the ti bucket is all I use mate never really bother with the quartz and touch wood they seem pretty sturdy things.

atb

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

large.20190510_153831-1111x1688.jpg

Bought this little addition. The poseidon. This is just the absolute nuts. It's easily as nice flavour wise as my enail (which is as good as it gets IMO), fits in the palm of your hand and fucks you RIGHT up. DON'T hand it to a lightweight though, if you coughed into it it'd spew water all over the coil and battery... Other than that I can't see any downside. I'm only really using this with rosin now, pretty much exclusively. At 390f tcr322 resistance locked 0.63.

Edited by FarmerPalmersNT
2 people like this