Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Zepharock

Epilepsy medication advice, any epileptics here with experiance?

My seizures are caused by a head injury a couple of years back.

Its not severe, the main seizures occurring maybe once a month and there mainly minor seizures where I have complete memory loss and just confused about whats going on. Over the last 2 years ive had a grand mal seizure out of nowhere though and recently a grand mall on repeat for god knows how long, my partner found me after work barely able to breath properly. I have no memory of that date and may have died that day.

I take lamotrigine, which seems to give me a distinct headache if say ive had a hard days work data processing and managing, then studying for a few hours once home. Ive also been prescribed xanax recently to help with the endless ideas that never seem to stop going through my head and the headache they can cause along with the lamotrigine. It also helps me sleep as I suffer insomnia and to an extent mild PTSD.

What works for you guys?

Now I dont think smoking a high sativa strain and studying or working will really help me. Maybe the long term effects once im more sober would help, i havnt done the research.

I dont smoke weed often and im not particuarly looking for a high.

But it seems the way to go, if it can make me more productive, retain more memory and study/work with less stress and ease.

Id love to try CBD oil perhaps, or an indica strain before bed some nights.

Any thoughts?

46 minutes ago, Zepharock said:

Id love to try CBD oil perhaps, or an indica strain before bed some nights.

Any thoughts?

I think that is what I would say:smokin:

A high CBD/low THC to try to regulate the seizures, and a nice knock out for sleep.  I am no expert though, obviously. 

The way I see it every plant, person and disease is different though - best to try as many as possible, it cant hurt:bong:

Hope you find a good combination.

1 person likes this

1 person likes this

its all dependent on you really because each strain works differently on different people 

sativa doms really does help you work though you can plow through work on it totally focused for sure

dont rely on the hype about only using only cbd, give it a go by all means but cannabis works best synergistically as in with all the cannabinoides together, thc is great for your body/brain too!

ive broke my back and neck and had a few head knocks, experienced passing out fits which could not be diagnosed, i also have a ridiculously slow heart rate and because of all that

i try to stay away from strains which make my blood pressure drop to much, it is a personal thing but my personal preference is to lean towards sat high hybrids or their a bouts

but its all good for you mate especially after head injury :stoned: 

have a look at some of the research on how cannabis is a brain protectorate creating new neuro pathways where they have been broken/died its awesome!

smoke it pure / eat it raw or cooked / rub it on in oil form

2 people like this

I took lamotrigine and had to get taken off it. Now I take clonazepam and vimpat. Mine's caused by a benign brain tumour which was removed from right temporal lobe in 2009. Had epilepsy beforehand too.

These drugs react differenly to each of us.  Do you plan to grow?

Edited by Conspiranought
1 person likes this

I've got post traumatic epilepsy as a result of a brain injury over 25 years ago.  I also take lamotrogine, sodium valproate and phenytoin.  I did used to get occasional auras but find hybrid strains, usually indica dominant helped me best

1 person likes this

18 hours ago, Conspiranought said:

I took lamotrigine and had to get taken off it. Now I take clonazepam and vimpat. Mine's caused by a benign brain tumour which was removed from right temporal lobe in 2009. Had epilepsy beforehand too.

These drugs react differenly to each of us.  Do you plan to grow?

I currently have a setup that im hoping to harvest early Feb, Sapphire OG from Humboldt seeds (grow diary in link).

Funny that im even on these forums, im looking for an alternative and I refuse to support street crime so ive gone the route of growing my own with a bit of help! I havnt smoked in some time though.

Thanks for the reply guys.

So those of you who it does help how often do you use it?

@twigs im actually a little worried about the paranoia and other bad traits that can come with it, perhaps i should dose low and look into a vaporiser. I was planning just to use it before bed. If I could  use it to help me concentrate on my studies, that really would be a hallelujah moment for me!