Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

B0bbyBuds

Blumat connections

Getting things sorted for my next grow. Got more of a permanent location now. I want to set up blumats but have a few qs. 

I’m planning on using a 210l water butt from Screwfix. Which has a tap, I’m not sure what size it is. Can I get an adapter so I can connect the 8mm blumats tubing to the butt that way or do I have to drill a hole in and use the blumat reservoir adapter? 

Also I’m planning on getting the 10m tropf set for 9 plants. Rather than have one continuous loop (needing higher pressure and needing to sit the tank higher, and making it harder to move pots around) I want to use a splitter and each pot had its own line coming from the res . Some of the 8 way splitters I’ve seen are 8mm tubing in to 8x 4mm tubing. I imagine this is to maintain pressure? I want to use the 8mm blumat tubing ao wondering if I can connect 4x 4 way splitters Like this joining them using 8mm tubing? Wil that work or cause problems? 

1 person likes this

Realised links broken Splitter

The tap connection depends on its size but you can always sort something with a hose and a jubilee clip in my experience! 

The blumats have no issues with split feeds either, but you do need to drive the air out of the lines one at a time by opening up the drippers full on each end for a bit. 

That said, you really don't need a high pressure I run mine on a single loop and the res is only a foot above cone level, if that. 

1 person likes this

Thanks for the info man! 

Looking at all the attachments and all the bits and bobs for blumats, making me think it’s more complicated than it is. 

Seen a cheap 200l water butt in wickes going To get that. The tap hole is 3/4” pre made I think they may have an addon made for that. 

Your grow is amazing man. Inspiring man. 

I’ve got a space to grow now so will be getting my grow on soon too. Thinking of the soil mix. I’m not so confident with using stuff from outside e.g decomposing leaves etc.. so thinking of using biosys and fresh as I can get ewc and stuff. And then grow some cover crop first so the microbes can fight it out and get settled. 

Should also be starting to bokashi and worm bin soon soon so I can too dress with that. 

1 person likes this

On ‎05‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 0:48 PM, B0bbyBuds said:

Can I get an adapter so I can connect the 8mm blumats tubing to the butt that way

seen this on amazon.....

BLUMAT 30238 Tank Connectors for Reservoir/Rain Barrel to Systems

£3 :yep:

1 person likes this

20 hours ago, B0bbyBuds said:

Thanks for the info man! 

Looking at all the attachments and all the bits and bobs for blumats, making me think it’s more complicated than it is. 

Seen a cheap 200l water butt in wickes going To get that. The tap hole is 3/4” pre made I think they may have an addon made for that. 

Your grow is amazing man. Inspiring man. 

Thanks dude, I'm sure yours will be awesome once underway! 

1 person likes this

@buddy13 Thank buddy! Seen another water butt much cheaper. 20 for a 200l at wickes. It comes with a pre drilled hole for the tap which is 3/4”. I think that one is 1/4” . 

Going to meep looking online I’m sure there’s something out there. 

1 person likes this