Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Can anyone help !!!

I have had the same problem so feel your pain.

there are a number of reasons this can happen.

Acid rain effect - highly unlikely unless you use a CO2 kit and your air pump is drawing in CO2

Over feeding - My PH plummets the minute my E.C goes to high (the result is brown slime in the air gap - just wash it off and continue)

Root disease - self explanatory....get a chiller.

Environmental - if my conditions change and Im not on it like a car bonnet the plants require less feed (see point 2 over feeding)   

Nutrients - Are you using anything organic? if so stop immediately and get the silver bullet out. I am also having problems with Plant magic so would suggest not using them.

Edited by zen-ken
1 person likes this

Hi mate yeah I'm usin gas but the air pump is outside ...but I have got some brown goo in my air pump ! I do use a water cooler and I'm using canna my water temp is 20 so not warm and my ec is only 1.1 or 1.2.so not very high ! Strange ....

if your roots are brown, and detach easily in  your hand, its root rot, the most likely suspect

1 person likes this

No they are all white and healthy ! Just give em a flush today ! How can I put some photos or a vid on here to show people ?. Cheers!@@

3 people like this

44 minutes ago, Mathew britton said:

No they are all white and healthy ! Just give em a flush today ! How can I put some photos or a vid on here to show people ?. Cheers!@@

I second this question how do you upload pics. I can see the old fashion way of uploading to the net and then posting link but why cant we just straight upload?

Mathew I have no idea about your ph question pal as im new myself and using autopots. I use growth tech hydro nutes atm and they naturally ph my 7.3 water to 5.8 and hold steady in the res with no mixer.

Heard other people say growth tech nutes are great for phing in hydro. Sorry I could not be more help.

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, Megumin said:

I second this question how do you upload pics. I can see the old fashion way of uploading to the net and then posting link but why cant we just straight upload?

Because we prefer to remain anonymous:skin_up:

2 people like this

1 person likes this

Thank you zen-ken

1 person likes this

Flush with plain water then restart because one plant or more is full of food so they drop the ph in some varieties like Indica strains, I prefer individual pots then you know who is full nutrients, definitely the answer to ph dropping 

I had this problem all the time in my RDWC, I had spray bars and air stones on my system, ive never used so much PH up or silica to correct this. I came to the conclusion that its the amount of Co2 being pumped into the solution or the amount of P and K they are using. I stopped doing RDWC and went to Flood & Drain, now i only get PH rising and it settles around 6.2 - 6.4 and i PH don accordingly to get a swing now.

1 person likes this