Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Serpent

The Return Of The Serpent - Killer Kush & Sweet Special FV Comp Diary

388 posts in this topic
9 hours ago, Openairbud said:

Spot on mate are you planning more toppings? Looking good :skin_up:

Cheers @Openairbud and yeah, I'll be topping KK #2 and #3, I might also top the older girls again, I'll just see how things go

8 hours ago, K-dawg said:

Looking spot on mate, very tidy set up :yep:

Thanks for swinging by @K-dawg :yep:

6 people like this

UPDATE 20/12/2018 – 18/6 Lights

Time for another update from Serpent’s Sweet Garden and there are a couple of things to report.

I’m still trying to fully dial the environment in as over the last couple of days after the cold snap ended, I got a high temp of 31C and a couple of the plants (KK #2 & SS #1)looked like they were starting to get a little bit of heat stress.

As I’m used to growing in a DR60 with a 250w, I think I made a rookie mistake and had the light too close :wallbash: I’ve now moved it up which seems to have helped as temps, after the light had been on for 16 hours, were 25-26C at canopy and 24-25C at root level.

I also think the high(ish) temps, and more so the low humidity, might have stunted KK #2 a little as she’s still a bit behind KK #3 and looking very squat which wasn’t helped with me spilling a load of feed on her :mellow:

Although not part of the comp, I’ll mention it anyway; SS #1 looks like she’s getting a bit of calcium deficiency as there’s a little bit of speckling on the lower fan leaves, as well as a touch of leaf tip curling so I might mix a different feed for her with a touch of CalMag.

On a positive note, I’ve had a bit of a move around as gone is the plastic tray and each plant now has its own drip tray so I can space them out better. The three plants that were topped also responded well with KK #1 being my favourite as she’s bushing out nicely :)

As roots are now poking out of the two younger KK’s, the plan now is to give them all their last feed tonight before potting up into final 12L Root Pouches, fit the scrog net and top them all, so KK #1 (and the two SS’s) will have been butchered twice.

Feed wise, they’re still on:

• 0.25ml per litre Aptus Startbooster
  • 0.5ml per litre Plant Magic Bio-Silicon
  • 1ml per litre Plant Magic Catalyst

Plus I might give SS #1 a touch of CalMag next feed.

I think that’s everything and here’s a roundup of pics from this morning…

large.Day-29-01.jpg

large.Day-29-02.jpg

large.Day-29-03.jpg

large.Day-29-04.jpg

large.Day-29-05.jpg

large.Day-29-06.jpg

large.Day-29-07.jpg

large.Day-29-08.jpg

large.Day-29-09.jpg

large.Day-29-10.jpg

Thanks for swinging by and keep it green :smokin:

Edited by Serpent
16 people like this

Looks nice in here dude :D

4 people like this

great stuff bro....OFF WITH THEIR HEADS...thats what i usually do, twice....atb best my man.....:yinyang:

6 people like this

1 hour ago, jadenugs said:

Looks nice in here dude :D

Cheers @jadenugs :yep:

1 hour ago, grotbags said:

great stuff bro....OFF WITH THEIR HEADS...thats what i usually do, twice....atb best my man.....:yinyang:

lol I'm gonna do the 3 older plants again I think, new territory for me, but I ain't gonna get shy with the scissors :yinyang:

6 people like this

i always find, if u top them once its better to do it twice....2 tops can come apart at the stem if ur not careful...4 spreads it :yinyang:out ....

8 people like this

Cheers for the tip @grotbags :yep: 

I've only topped once in the past, as I've got more space now, and with a couple of plants being a little bit behind, I'm gonna give it a go, so we'll see how it pans out :george:

6 people like this

@SerpentEverything is looking good in here dude, your plants look to be the picture of good health and your photos are very nice.

I usually top my plants once but one of my Sweet Skunk plants topped its self again after I topped it. The result of it being topped twice are 5 big colas that are just as tall as the other plants that were topped once. It’s something with experimenting with in the future.

Keep up the good work dude.

4 people like this

Nice update!

Things look to be running smoothly, fyi killer kush does have short phenos mate :) so might not be stunted ;)

Good luck dude :)

5 people like this

Cheers @Smokebelch and that's interesting to hear how your Sweet Skunk responded to an accidental second top.

Well SS #1 seems like it's getting worse, it's due potting up though and I'll do a full update in the next day or 2 as its not all bad :george:

5 people like this

did you find the caterpillar ?  

looks like hes leaving them well alone now ..top show fella ..nice greenery 

6 people like this

UPDATE 23/12/2018 – 18/6 Lights

It was pot up time last night in Serpent’s Sweet Garden as all 5 plants were potted up into their final 12L Root Pouches using Plant Magic soil, a sprinkling of Plant Magic Granules and were in their intermediate pots the following number of days:

• KK #1 – 16 Days (32 Total)
  • SS #1 & #2 – 16 Days (31 Total)
  • KK #2 & #3 – 13 Days (23 Total)

I won’t lie, it was a bit of a pain potting up as I really should have checked the size difference between 6.5L and 12L as there wasn’t as much room as I thought. Maybe next time I’ll use bigger finals or smaller intermediates but hey it’s all a learning curve :george:

As for the plants KK #1 is still my fave as she’s really bushing out nicely and growing as expected.

KK #2 on the other hand, isn’t looking the best. Her growth is stunted and suffering from what looks like a calcium deficiency, which came on really quick and I think was down to the temp and humidity issues I’ve been having. I’m going to keep an eye on her over the next few days, and maybe chop off the affected leaves.

KK #3 is growing well and bushing out nicely although she’s also starting to show a touch of calcium deficiency so I’ve added some CalMag.

A quick note on the Sweet Specials, new growth on the SS #1 is looking all OK since adding a touch of CalMag while SS #2 is continuing to bush out.

Feed for all girls is now:

• 0.25ml per litre Aptus Startbooster
  • 0.5ml per litre Plant Magic Bio-Silicon
  • 1ml per litre Plant Magic Catalyst
  • 1ml per litre Shogun CalMag

Here’s some pics from last night, not that many I’m afraid as it was quite late and I was knackered.

large.Day-32-01.jpg

large.Day-32-02.jpg

large.Day-32-03.jpg

large.Day-32-04.jpg

large.Day-32-05.jpg

Thanks for swinging by and keep it green :smokin:

10 people like this

Brilliant journal @Serpent I love the attention to detail man, respect to ya bro :notworthy:

6 people like this

Thanks for the kind words @H + H2O :yep:

4 people like this