Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

RGBigbuds

2.4 x 2.4 x 2.0 tent with 4 vertical 250w hps in 1m parabolic

Hi all, just wondering what your thoughts are on this setup, I’m planning on 4 plants scrogged, each one under a 250w hps in a 1m parabolic reflector, reckon it would be enough light? Some of you may have seen the test plant I’ve got in at the moment, it’s a little purple bud auto and I’m playing about with lighting really just to test it out, can’t make my mind up about the lighting though, I know I could get away with 4x 600w hps but it’s in a loft and I don’t want it to get too hot up there, cheers and happy Toking, RGB :bong:

1 person likes this

How about 4 x 400?  I think 4 x 250 would leave you a little short on light count.  Alternatively, as heat is your issue in the attic have you considered an led setup?  Would set you back more than hps tho ofc.

1 person likes this

I agree with unity,I think 400w would be better,but make sure you have enough extraction to cope. You could also use dimmable ballasts,but make sure you use the correct wattage lamp on each setting,and that way you will be able to find out which lamp will be better for mainting correct temps in the tent/loft.

1 person likes this

4 x 250s wouldn't effectively cover 2.4 square tent. especially scrogged. 

I would go at least 400 in each. 

2 people like this

Since when do people run 250w or 400w per 1.2m2 

4x400s at a push I suppose but really that space wants 600s to light it properly imo

5 people like this

I'd settle for the 3 x 600w HPS.  I have the same size as you and am getting my third one in for my upcoming grow. One on the left one in the middle and one on the right. Even spread of light for all to reach toward. And the 1800w would be plenty if you have a big enough fan to move the air 

if you go with 400w's, get the 80cm parabolic.

3* 600w and a 315 cmh. Winter know so you should be ok:george: