Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

JJJ

Sohum Soil Auto grow

91 posts in this topic

I thought I'd share some info on Sohum Soil.

Currently growing a FastBuds Blackberry and I'm almost at 3 weeks from sprouting.  Contrary to popular opinion, I've gone large when it comes to pot size.  As I only grow one plant at a time, I'm growing in a 10 gallon pot filled with Sohum Soil.  

When I arrange the medium in the pot I usually make my own starter mix as not to burn the seedlings but this time I used a 1.5 litre pot filled with Plant Magic Plus and that's what I started the seed in.

Seed was planting directly in the soil in a 10 gallon pot and had sprouted within 3-4 days.  Since then it has grown like crazy.  I estimated the point at which I felt the roots had started to make their way into the Sohum and was cautious as to whether the delicate autoflowering roots would be able to handle such a rich soil.

I can confidently say that everything is going extremely well.  I've never seen such lush green growth and tight node spacing.  The growth spurt has just started and I couldn't be happier.

Before my grow I attempted to plant directly into Sohum and the seedling didn't take to well so I'd recommend starting in a lighter medium as I did.

One thing I'd say about this soil is that it incredibly light (almost too light) so make sure to press it down a little when filling your pot.  Once watered, it holds together reasonably well, water from the bottom and make sure to have some perlite/clay balls etc in the bottom of the pot (or use a SIP) and make sure to water from the bottom.

There's very little info out there about Sohum grows and I felt I needed to share my experience so far.  

I'll update as my grow develops so I can report on how she gets through flowering using only water, but so far so good.

3 people like this

I'd love to upload photos but I'ma little cautious that Iphone photos contain personal phone ID and location information.  I'm probably a little paranoid about this but I'd love to hear from anyone who knows how to do it securely. 

@JJJ all phone meta data is removed when uploaded to the site. Post away mate

Follow the guide in the new member section

Edited by blackpoolbouncer
2 people like this

12 minutes ago, JJJ said:

I'd love to upload photos but I'ma little cautious that Iphone photos contain personal phone ID and location information.  I'm probably a little paranoid about this but I'd love to hear from anyone who knows how to do it securely. 

AFAIK this site strips all data from your pics if uploaded into your gallery

1 person likes this

50 quid in compost per plant........jesus

That's prohibitively expensive compost

Edited by blackpoolbouncer

Yeah, I know it's expensive. If I were to grow a whole bunch of plants I wouldn't dream of the stuff, but for only one plant I'm actually saving money as I'm not having to buy any additional nutes.  I had a terrible time when I used to try to balance nutrients, work out schedules, water from the top and keep adjusting my feed based on what I could read from the plants.  My life is so much easier now.

Glad to hear the site strips all data.  I'll try to get some pics up.

Edited by JJJ

Edited by JJJ
Add text

OK, can't get pics up.  Too complicated for an old fart like me. You'll have to take my word for it. Sorry.  If I just copy and paste a pic straight from my computer (and not into the gallery) is all the meta date still removed?

Edited by JJJ

It so t work @JJJ open the picture in paint and resave it as a jpeg or resize the picture so it's under 1mb. 

That will be your problem. The file size will be too big 

1 person likes this

OK thanks for the tips.  I got there in the end.  Pics are up in the gallery. They were taken this morning but they've actually grown another inch or more since then.  Sorry about the colour.  Photos taken under LED lights always seem to appear purple but not when you're next to them.

Anyone interested in my Sohum Blackberry grow will find a few updated images in the gallery.  25 days from sprouting now and all great so far.  She's drinking much faster now and lateral branching is explosive.  My dehumidifier is sucking around 3 litres a day from the air and buds are showing signs of forming. Nice!!!

Looking good mate. 

1 person likes this

32 days since sprouting now.  All is going extremely well.  So far, I'm very pleased with the Sohum and the strain.  The plant has had a good stretch and I've got some nice lengthy colas of even height and other catching up.  Hopefully there won't be too much upward growth as my head room is limited, although I've still got a little to play with.  Less than a week ago I cleared out most of the lower fans and my lights are as tight to the tops as I dare.  That little bit of extra air flow underneath and the proximity of the light seems to be keeping the stretch under control.  Very pleased to see the tops taking on that lovely purple hue.  It's going to be a great one to watch develop through the coming month.  No noticeable flowering smell yet, just that typical musky veg smell but I'm ready for it as it's likely to begin soon.  She's drinking a lot of water now and my dehumidifier is struggling to get below 60% RH so I'm about to get some moisture absorbing crystals in there soon.  I'm aiming for 50RH or slightly below if I can.  Happy days...!  Updated pics in the gallery.

Edited by JJJ

On 30/11/2018 at 10:39 AM, JJJ said:

Anyone interested in my Sohum Blackberry grow will find a few updated images in the gallery.  25 days from sprouting now and all great so far.  She's drinking much faster now and lateral branching is explosive.  My dehumidifier is sucking around 3 litres a day from the air and buds are showing signs of forming. Nice!!!

Just copy them from your gallery now mate and paste into your thread,  looking good btw

Fastbuds Blackberry Day 32 D.JPG

2 people like this

Thanks, yep ok I'll do that from now on.

1 person likes this