Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

jester29uk

my first plant

32 posts in this topic

hi all, brand new grower, just set my small tent up started this in an organic soil pot about a week and a half ago, running at 18/6 i made a bit of a cock up by not dating the pot grrrr.  does she look healthy?  ...peace

large.20181115_090156.jpg

4 people like this

She looks very healthy! Keep doing exactly what you're doing and keep us updated :george: what strain is it btw? 

1 person likes this

lowryder 2

1 person likes this

21 minutes ago, jester29uk said:

lowryder 2

wow

people are still growing them !!!

3 people like this

Looking great mate! I'd switch up the pots now, but careful to not over water when you do

2 hours ago, dill786 said:

wow

people are still growing them !!!

I was surprised too given the amount of great autos that are readily available now. I thought lowryders were a thing of the past. 

@jester29uk exiting times! I remember my first plants well. Going up to my tent and speaking to them every night and telling them how beautiful they are lol

I can't see the true colour of the leaves because of the lighting, but she looks absolutely fine!. Not a thing wrong with her at all. Keep the thread updated and people will be available to help out if you need it. 

In regards to the above post, you could re-pot her now but looking at the size of the plant, you'll likely have roots touching the bottom of the pot but it won't be rooted out. Given the fact it's an auto though it doesn't really matter about rooting smaller pots out before moving to the final pots as obviously autos will flower and the roots will stop growing without your control. Some people still like to pot up though. I always start my autos in small party cups before putting them straight into final 6l pots. So theres no right or wrong way with potting up right now. You don't need to but it won't hurt as you'll probably need to re-pot fairly soonish anyway. 

All the best with your first grow. Self sufficiency feels great.

im curious as im using a small mars "300w" actually 135w power draw to my knowledge.  in a nutshell is it likely to hit my energy bill that much?  i did a calculator on google and it approx ed it at around £10 per mnth based on my 18 hr cycles.

A week and a half ago? From seed? Impressed :D

@K-B I looked at lowryders too, because that's what all the google searches suggest for the shortest possible height plants. 
Are they not the shortest now?

Edited by greensprout

bloody hell mate ...  shes a biggun for her age !   looking good to me tho ...

large.20181119_103617.jpg

new pot shes starting to stretch,  quick question regarding growth ... does the process speed up as she creates new leaves? or is it a consistent rate?

ta.

growth is exponential to leaf mass (amongst other things). So basically more leaves should see quicker growth.

How high are your lights? I ask because your plant does look like its stretching, although light height isnt the only factor, it is a main one.

im using a mars 300w (135w) led i might have to lower it tbh.

On 11/19/2018 at 10:51 AM, jester29uk said:

im using a mars 300w (135w) led i might have to lower it tbh.

How far is the light from the top of the plants? (In inches)

bout 18 inches, hoping this light will be able to give them anoth energy to flower, bit worried tbh as im skint now and cant afford a new light.  so far so good shes working on her nodes rather well :)

Looking good to me mate, good luck

1 person likes this