Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Guest Pau176

Dinafem cheese auto x 2 Day 3

16 posts in this topic

Dinafem cheese auto

Time to go again as I estimate I have enough weed to smoke until early January.

I’m going with 2 x Dinafem cheese auto as I have two seeds  knocking about.

I already grew one recently and harvested after 10 weeks. I got nearly 3oz from that plant.

I was really impressed with the finished product. The buds are dense,  bud stinks and it gets me high.

This is my fourth grow. I’ve learnt a lot and I have pretty much got everything locked down. I’m expecting some seriously good results from these 2 plants. ( I hope!)

My set up:

1.2 x 1.2 x 2.0 grow tent.
5” RVK extraction with a Rhino filter
4” RVK intake - on very low power
1 x desk fan
600Watt Dual spectrum light
Dimmable ballast : 250w, 400w & 600w
Temps will range from 22° to 27°
Humidity between 40 & 60
Growing medium: Coco coir mixed with clay pebbles
Airpots
 Nutrients: Canna A + B throughout the entire grow.
PH between 5.5 & 6.5
Vitalink Pk 13/14 for one week late in flower.
SMC spider mite prevention spray.  Used in vegetation.

I recently got infested and I don’t want to be cutting all my fan leaves off again like I had to with my previous grow. 

Just to add, I worked out that my infestation was caused by not having a filter on my intake fan. The little feckers were being sucked into my tent. I highly recommend putting a filter on the end of your intake fan.

Seeds are being germinated using damp kitchen roll & then put in a sandwich bag.

The seeds will go in my boiler cupboard. They’re usually ready to be transferred overnight.

Once the seeds have popped, I’ll put the seeds into fabric pots. The fabric pots contain 50% coco & 50% seedling compost.

Fabric pots are put back into boiler cupboard overnight then straight into the grow tent once they’ve sprouted.

Light will be set to 450W and will be about 60cm distance from seedlings.

Light will be run 600W/400W for 20 hours and then 250w for 4 hours.

I prefer to give them 6 hours dark but it’s too cold now in my grow room.

Seedling will be given 0.5ml of canna A + B for one week before the fabric pot is transferred directly into its 10 litre air pot containing Coco & pebbles.

Nutrients are slowly increased over the
Next 4 weeks to 2ml per 1.2L of water.

I only feed around the seedling until the roots have spread sufficiently throughout the pot.

large.IMG-0639.jpglarge.IMG-0638.jpglarge.IMG-0634.jpglarge.IMG-0637.jpglarge.IMG-0636.jpg

I am still learning so any advice is always appreciated

Edited by Pau176

Those starter pots are shite mate. The idea is great but they are a hindrance to the roots as they have to fight through the pots and it is a fight.

Why do you prefer to give them 6 hours dark? 

Good luck mate. One thing I will say is it's a little bit of a waste only doing two plants if your aiming at 6oz from a 600w light. You have the space and lighting to pull over a considerable amount more than what you are now if you chuck another couple of plants in and did a bit of training. 

3 people like this

14 minutes ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

Those starter pots are shite mate. The idea is great but they are a hindrance to the roots as they have to fight through the pots and it is a fight.

Why do you prefer to give them 6 hours dark? 

Good luck mate. One thing I will say is it's a little bit of a waste only doing two plants if your aiming at 6oz from a 600w light.

I used those starter pots last grow and I was worried that they would hamper the roots.

Everything turned out fine. I do spray every 2 hours around the starter pot to keep it moist. I find those starter pots do begin to breakup after a few days.

i will keep your advice in my mind and keep a close eye on things. 

The 6 hour dark came from my first grow. It appeared to me, the dark period really benefited my plants.

They looked lush after the dark period. Saying that,  that grow, I was suffering with high temps. It’s probably no surprise they were loving the dark & cool. 

Yes. I know it’s a waste of space. In the future, I will grow maybe 4 or 6. At present,       

I’m still learning and the space lets me keep a close eye on them.

I've got same set up. I run photos tho not auto. I usually put 4 or 6 in. You're definitely better off putting more in. If you are looking after 2 you might as well do 4. Good luck in your grow 

2 people like this

54 minutes ago, Pau176 said:

The 6 hour dark came from my first grow. It appeared to me, the dark period really benefited my plants.

Then my best advice for you if you want some more bud from your 2 plants is give them some more light hours and learn to train them. 

You can easily double or even treble what your pulling per plant. If your doing two you might as well make the most of them and make them count eh?

1 person likes this

21 minutes ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

Then my best advice for you if you want some more bud from your 2 plants is give them some more light hours and learn to train them. 

You can easily double or even treble what your pulling per plant. If your doing two you might as well make the most of them and make them count eh?

I thought it was better not to mess about with Autos? 

1 hour ago, Pau176 said:

It’s fine to train them but don’t top them or anything, low stress training like tieing down works wonders with them.

2 hours ago, Pau176 said:

Lots of poor advice for autos about. 

Training is the best way to get the most out of them.

You can even top if you know what your doing and doing it on plants with the right characteristics.

17 hours ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

Lots of poor advice for autos about. 

Training is the best way to get the most out of them.

You can even top if you know what your doing and doing it on plants with the right characteristics.

I thought 3oz was a pretty good yield from the other cheese I previously did. 

Any idea of what kinda of weight I could achieve with training? 

8-10 oz is achievable from 11l of compost with a strain like that @Pau176

E2a. Say Cheese .........dinafem cheese auto

gallery_24417_11297_122966.jpg

Edited by blackpoolbouncer
7 people like this

Good lord! That's a great return of cheese right there.

Is this a rated smoke?

1 person likes this

52 minutes ago, Reflektor said:

Good lord! That's a great return of cheese right there.

Is this a rated smoke?

I'm not a big cheese fan tbh but if it's your thing it would have been lovely. Dinafem does what it says on the tin when it comes to autos 

1 person likes this

In about 4 weeks ill be chopping my dinafem cheese and white widow :thumsup:. I think this is my 3rd time growing these strains and have being happy everytime. The cheese is always real dense big and dry nugs and typically cheesey. I prefer the white widow though so I would recommend trying that aswell its a ten week strain and both can be easily ready within the 10 week period. The white widow again is dense and nice big buds but the sweet smell, flavour and high is more preferable to me than the cheese. all the best with ur grow ill pull up a chair :skin_up:

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Woodie2010 said:

In about 4 weeks ill be chopping my dinafem cheese and white widow :thumsup:. I think this is my 3rd time growing these strains and have being happy everytime. The cheese is always real dense big and dry nugs and typically cheesey. I prefer the white widow though so I would recommend trying that aswell its a ten week strain and both can be easily ready within the 10 week period. The white widow again is dense and nice big buds but the sweet smell, flavour and high is more preferable to me than the cheese. all the best with ur grow ill pull up a chair :skin_up:

I love the cheese. The buds are so compact and the smell is fantastic. It’s one of those you can’t walk around as the smell is so strong. 

I went to the chip shop last week and the 2 young girls were just laughing at the smell. The others were giving me that dumb ass look. 

I’m doing widow next. I smoked that shit nearly every day when I lived in the Netherlands.