Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

SolomonBruceman

Oldtimers Haze has a low THC?

30 posts in this topic
13 hours ago, MK11 said:

how long did was yours in bloom?

this plant was 20 weeks.

1 person likes this

Some more for the haze lovers amongst us. pict at 20 weeks this is half a ot1 haze plant that was allowed to do its own thing pinched out once and then nothing more than  just a little bending.

Its not the best pic but you can get an idea.:skin_up:

large.ohaze.jpg

17 people like this

Ot1 haze  pict at 8 weeks of flowering no buds as yet to speak of but packing on stem resin.

large.15578new_101.jpg

Edited by Dr feelgood
12 people like this

If only I had that much patience.......... 

1 person likes this

On 09/11/2018 at 6:43 PM, oldtimer1 said:

THC is not what it is all about, it is the type of high  and ride these type of plants can take you on, they are so different to any dutch type of strain.

Amen to that.:lucky:

8 people like this

do you play around with light times@Dr feelgood to bring them on quicker or because it’s what they would receive naturally.? :stoned: 

5 people like this

I can only echo  what Bpb and Dr Feelgood have said: back in the 60s and through the 70s , when cannabis culture was taking off, everyone smoked and wrote and wrote songs about sativa. Indica went in the hash.

The last 100% sativa I grew was Indian Haze from Seedsman and I haven't had a smoke like it since, we miss out on a qualitatively different experience by smoking anything with indica in it. 

I'm not sure I've got the patience for another 20 week crop and I'm reduced to a growdrobe nowadays but I'm going to give sativas another try anyway, maybe starting with the much faster Serious 6 from Serious Seeds.

15 people like this

Best canna i have smoked and grown was @oldtimer1 original lot5 (man would i love a go on those again!) 

Pure sativas haven't got bag appeal "the kids" want these days...they haven't got much clue about cannabis in general bless em ! 

I have selections that are covered white in trichomes and look the best weed in the world when in fact it doesn't come close to the ride of a true sativa diva !

@Dr feelgood fair play on your move with the seed making :yinyang:

Farmer G 

12 people like this

20 hours ago, twigs said:

do you play around with light times@Dr feelgood to bring them on quicker or because it’s what they would receive naturally.? :stoned: 

Hi mate over the years ive tried a lot of different flowering regimes and most lead to the same end result maybe a saving of a couple of weeks is achieved i can't say ive noticed a potency increase.

As a general rule i flower late flowering nld varieties for 8 to 10 weeks on 12/12 usually alongside other faster types  and when i harvest the earlier types i drop the day length to 11/13 and then to 10/14 to finish up the later plants, i find this works for me.:lucky:

8 people like this

I have been trying to shorten the Flowering time with Malawi with a few different strains but with hope of still keeping the high -  The last one i grew was a very much a curtain twitcher, too much for my old peanut theses days lol 

heres my most recent cross -

Karmas OG x Malawi from Ace 

Looks like a good rep of the Malawi so far, this was just a couple of tester buds because she still is firming up. I find 12/12 from seed or cutting is the best method for proper sats but I have heard this can mess with the high as well.

Got a few of these that I could send into subbies if anyone interested:skin_up:

large.malawi.jpg

Edited by nudger36
12 people like this

@Dr feelgood @nudger36 when you changed light cycle did you notice any difference with smells, tastes or any new traits come through that weren’t their on 12/12 :stoned: 

I’m asking because of what dj short reports  comes through and ive been told to run Hawaiian strains on 11/13.. 

:yinyang:

2 people like this

To be honest @twigs I dont think ive grown enough to notice or experienced with sativa, it definitely different gravy specially indoor. A lot of growers reduce the hours but ive never gone 11/13 from the beginning. Theres also that gas lantern technique that works well with sativas apparently too. Wouldn't it be great to try all this out somewhere 

2 people like this

1 hour ago, twigs said:

@Dr feelgood @nudger36 when you changed light cycle did you notice any difference with smells, tastes or any new traits come through that weren’t their on 12/12 :stoned: 

I’m asking because of what dj short reports  comes through and ive been told to run Hawaiian strains on 11/13.. 

Dj cryptically recommended around 11 1/2  12 1/2 ,

it's down to the 'light' as much as the length of time imo.:smokin:

2 people like this

8 hours ago, twigs said:

Ive not noticed any changes to the high or such like mate with a decrease in lightcycle, i think dj recommends 11/13 for a lot of his strains.:yep: 

Edited by Dr feelgood
3 people like this

This is interesting, I know people play with veg lighting hours, 16, 18 or even 24h on but I never noticed anyone changing the bloom lights on/off periods. Currently attributing this to lighting regarding the strains native usual growing location globally. 

Glad you all mentioned this.

2 people like this