Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Afghankush13

Leaves being eaten??

Guys got 9 blue cheese in. Week 3

of veg looking very healthy apart from a couple of leaves here and there I’ve noticed it almost looks like something is chomping on them can anyone give me a little more in sight to what it could be wether it is pests or just a common problem??

cheers all

large.E859D53D-8C51-42D5-9070-C57F89308083.jpeglarge.15FB7504-EA62-4C05-B751-7D33985238F8.jpeg

they seem like fairly big holes, is there any black spots on the underside of the leaves. theres some white speckles that look like spider mite but the hole itself looks like a caterpillar or something large did it.

Are you using silica? 

6 hours ago, Woodie2010 said:

they seem like fairly big holes, is there any black spots on the underside of the leaves. theres some white speckles that look like spider mite but the hole itself looks like a caterpillar or something large did it.

No mate checked all over can’t see bugger all I was thinking I did get the leaves rather wet a couple of nights ago would that be anything to do with it??

6 hours ago, Redeyezman said:

Are you using silica? 

Not sure of what silica is mate haha so I’m guessing no!!

definitely looks like something being eating rather than a problem with water on the plant damage. you have nine plants is the holes on all plants or just the one and has anymore holes appeared or the ones that are their increased in size?. going on the size of the hole I would guess it was some half decent size bug which means u should either see him or else hes fucked off so there should be no more new bite marks/holes. I use canna cure once a week on my plants just to be safe, its a foliar spray to prevent/kill bugs. I have had a few different bugs in my experiences but the only time ive seen a hole/bite mark that size was when it was a decent size pest not spider mites/thrips or anything like that but I could be wrong hopefully someone has the answer but if new holes don't start appearing I wouldn't worry to much.

1 person likes this

Also got 9 blue cheese in but mine are flowering. I had the same problem during veg so i Cleared the groom out and that seems to have cleared the problem as only a few leaves were effected and I have two other strains in there and there was no holes. I put it down to the strain myself. Don't have a answer as to why but mine didn't get wet. I have stocking filters on all input ducting so nothing could have got in.  

Hope problem fixes itself soon 

i get these deformities, been getting them for a while, i always clean the grow room between grows, i always wash my hands before i do anything with my plants. but still get these holes like something is eating them.

have a look into hemp streak virus, weed world have a done a universal growers guide last month and have a 2 page spread about it, does explain away alot of oddities. personally think its just deformities with genetics as no strain is pure any more.