Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Deiter

Ehlers-Danlos syndrome

Hi all,

First post. I am actually Australian. I have joined this forum for a friend I have in the UK that suffers great pain from Ehlers-Danlos syndrome. My friend has sourced oil which as far as I can derive was poor quality and unknown strain. I am aware there has been some movement in the UK with medical cannabis. Short of asking a sourcing question which I am aware is not allowed. If anyone can suggest any Dr's or some way of my friend moving towards getting some medical cannabis for this terrible genetic issue causing her great pain

Love

Australia

Hello :) 

I want to give happy news, but I'm afraid it isn't as simple or compassionate as that. It's allegedly available for a tiny list of conditions, and then only as a last resort when all options are exhausted...and even that seems like a lie at times.

The main tilt of this site is towards 'self sufficiency' - growing it yourself. Are  they willing and able to do this?  It's a suggestion I hate to offer, as...well...in a civilised world you should just be able to get what you need without risking your freedom.

Edited by j.o.i.n.t
3 people like this

if she could go and join one of the cannabis clubs or indeed visits some

of the 420 type days  where she can meet like minded people who could point her in the right direction I am sure.

13 hours ago, Deiter said:

I have joined this forum for a friend I have in the UK that suffers great pain from Ehlers-Danlos syndrome. My friend has sourced oil which as far as I can derive was poor quality and unknown strain. I am aware there has been some movement in the UK with medical cannabis. Short of asking a sourcing question which I am aware is not allowed. If anyone can suggest any Dr's or some way of my friend moving towards getting some medical cannabis for this terrible genetic issue causing her great pain

I know you have the best of intent but this is a grower support site, it can't go beyond advice on choosing and planting the seed and how to nurture them. No Doctor's can prescribe here yet. If she can't grow, and if you can't in some way help supply her yourself directly, then it could possibly be a dead end here

Edited by distracted

14 hours ago, j.o.i.n.t said:

Hello :) 

I want to give happy news, but I'm afraid it isn't as simple or compassionate as that. It's allegedly available for a tiny list of conditions, and then only as a last resort when all options are exhausted...and even that seems like a lie at times.

The main tilt of this site is towards 'self sufficiency' - growing it yourself. Are  they willing and able to do this?  It's a suggestion I hate to offer, as...well...in a civilised world you should just be able to get what you need without risking your freedom.

Thanks for the feedback. It is about the response I expected. :)

2 hours ago, The Budmyster said:

if she could go and join one of the cannabis clubs or indeed visits some

of the 420 type days  where she can meet like minded people who could point her in the right direction I am sure.

Thanks for the feedback. Ill pass that info along. :)

1 hour ago, distracted said:

I know you have the best of intent but this is a grower support site, it can't go beyond advice on choosing and planting the seed and how to nurture them. No Doctor's can prescribe here yet. If she can't grow, and if you can't in some way help supply her yourself directly, then it could possibly be a dead end here

Yes intentions are good, but I totally understand where you are coming from. Thanks for reply :)

Just a friendly suggestion to Admin of this group. Your webserver is not forcing the use of SSL.
You may want to add a redirect to ensure a secure connection is used. Some browsers are throwing connection is not secure due to mixed content.

Thanks all !

Edited by Deiter
Spelling error
1 person likes this

5 hours ago, Deiter said:

Thanks for the feedback. It is about the response I expected. :)

Yeah, crap innit.

My post has been bothering me a bit. My partner and I know someone with this condition and the subject of cannabis as an aid has been talked about. This person has it quite bad, and dislocates joints multiple times a year just doing normal things, has splints on the fingers and uses a frame to walk...basically has to be incredibly careful when moving at all.

They would love to have a smoke, or a glass of wine, but find anything that effects co-ordination - or distracts from focusing on careful movement - causes more difficulty than it solves.

I'm aware there's a range in severity in people with EDS, and am a big believer in personal choice, but I just feel the need to point out that cannabis may not be helpful for all....just for my own conscience, more than anything.

1 person likes this

Wishing you good luck buddy

I don't know what subtype of eds your friend has, but i as well suffer from it and cannabis really made my life ALOT better! I used to be on heavy painkillers all the time, now it's all natural and green and i see the positives in life again. I wish you the best of luck. Also i can recommend making oil yourself (@ your friend) as good weed is easier to find than good oil and the process isn't too complicated.