Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Arya89

Heat mats with soil

18 posts in this topic
2 hours ago, Kaidog said:

I use a timer with my heat Matt, 30mins on 30mins off (ish) throughout the day (depending on the weekly weather temps) in my shed gives me soil temps of between 20c - 23c.

Cheers Matt.

You had many heat issues in the shed over the winter? I’ve insulated and plaster boarded my out building. Then the tent in there. More concerned the only fresh air source will be direct from outside air which could be pretty nippy.

2 hours ago, Arya89 said:

Yeah that makes sense, i think i will replace with plastic pots as they are not in the fabric ones yet. Maybe some bubble wrap for across the tops as well? Seen that in a few diaries. 

Thanks for the advice. Glad I joined here, already helped with the majority of my pre first grow nerves. 

hang around mate it's a friendly, safe place. 

On 08/11/2018 at 4:31 PM, Arya89 said:

Cheers Matt.

You had many heat issues in the shed over the winter? I’ve insulated and plaster boarded my out building. Then the tent in there. More concerned the only fresh air source will be direct from outside air which could be pretty nippy.

Yeah, struggled a little when we had them cold nights couple weeks ago, had to add a home made cabinet heater (placed behind the air inlets) which kept the wardrobe temps up during lights off.

My shed isn't insulated but my wardrobe is insulated with half inch thick foam/rubber floor matting which seems to do an ok job.

I think I'll knock it on the head after my current grow finishes though (couple weeks left), will have a rest for the next few winter months and start back up in march.