Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.


Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hogro

Heater locations and types..

Hi all... 

 

as ive progressively upgraded my equipment I’ve now moved to upgrade my night heater but not sure if I made the best decision as I use two diffuseairs yo circulate with my intake fan. 

 

I’ve got myself an IP24 rated 800w wall panel heater that can apparently warn 10m2. Would placing this at one end of my room with a fan just offset blowing be a good option? 

 

Root temps have never been an issue as the are raised off an insulated floor. It’s to take the chill out of the air with mine being a garage grow. Managed ok last year bit getting the feeling we will have a bad winter. 

 

Any advice would be appreciated 

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Hogro said:

Hi all... 

 

as ive progressively upgraded my equipment I’ve now moved to upgrade my night heater but not sure if I made the best decision as I use two diffuseairs yo circulate with my intake fan. 

 

I’ve got myself an IP24 rated 800w wall panel heater that can apparently warn 10m2. Would placing this at one end of my room with a fan just offset blowing be a good option? 

 

Root temps have never been an issue as the are raised off an insulated floor. It’s to take the chill out of the air with mine being a garage grow. Managed ok last year bit getting the feeling we will have a bad winter. 

 

Any advice would be appreciated 

 

depends what size your room is?

im presuming its 10 square metres or less aye?

is it run off a thermostat, or a timer switch?

I'm sure it will be fine, and a fan blowing the hot air around will definitely help distribute the heat.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

 We have one of these in the house for airing clothes, 

 

large.61CCHJ3KeAL._SL1500_.jpg

 

I was weighing it up the other day. The stand can be easily detached leaving the bottom and 2 sides (the sides can fold up to vertical) I think it's 230w and 25-30 quid on amazon. I could see a few uses for it:yep: 

Edited by sroporilshoot

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, badbillybob said:

depends what size your room is?

im presuming its 10 square metres or less aye?

is it run off a thermostat, or a timer switch?

I'm sure it will be fine, and a fan blowing the hot air around will definitely help distribute the heat.

It’s roughly 2.4x2.4m so have plenty of wiggle room to not run the heater to full capacity..

it has a built in thermostat but is ran off a night socket so kicks in only on lights off.

 

ill bang a fan on the other wall to circulate the air hopefully that will work a treat 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, sroporilshoot said:

 We have one of these in the house for airing clothes, 

 

large.61CCHJ3KeAL._SL1500_.jpg

 

I was weighing it up the other day. The stand can be easily detached leaving the bottom and 2 sides (the sides can fold up to vertical) I think it's 230w and 25-30 quid on amazon. I could see a few uses for it:yep: 

Cheers pal, already use one when I’m drying. The question was relating to light off heating 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

So was he.

Surely you don’t have drying weed on a heater

Edited by Rampa Green

Share this post


Link to post

I think he meant take the stand off it and use the heated bit for heating in the tent, I don’t think he means use it for drying.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0