Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Slugums

Help please... could this be P def...

So, I noticed this issue/peculiarity on the Seedism Orange Kush I am growing...

I saw it shortly around two weeks into the grow... Other than this, the plant seems just fine... It grows tighter to the stem than the white skunk I am growing alongside it, but it has not been a difficult plant.

Could anyone shed any light on what it might be - possibly P'def... If so, should I just add a little bloom mix to this plant's feed? I am a day or two away from going 12/12 and would ideally have fixed this or accepted it as an odd characteristic of the plant...

Here is a typical looking effected leaf - not all leafs show this and most look generally healthy...

large.OJ_twist3.jpglarge.OJ_twist2.jpglarge.OJ_twist.jpg

This is what it looks like on the plant... As you can see, not all leaves show this issue... :g:

large.O_K_Prob.jpg

Cheers! :v:

PS. @amsterdammer Wondered if you have you seen this on the Orange Kush before?

Edited by Slugums

First thought I had was russet mites, but not sure.
This extreme wrinkling is a phenotype of the IBL hindukush and maybe just a mutated offspring.

1 person likes this

That is rather interesting. If it is not a mutation it may be boron although the fact that boron has such a wide availability makes me doubt this. Is it on young or older leaves?

S5MX6kc.png

If it goes away with a feed then it was a def. If it does not then it is a mutation.

Sometimes the 'dr house' method of diagnosis is valid, treat the condition you think it might be and if the treatment works, you have found the problem and fixed it in one go ;)

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, amsterdammer said:

First thought I had was russet mites, but not sure.
This extreme wrinkling is a phenotype of the IBL hindukush and maybe just a mutated offspring.

Many thanks for dropping in with that!

I reckon this is most likely the second - I remember you explaining the 'twist' on the Elvis plant - that grew out wonderfully with no problems!

No hint of mites, thankfully, the other plant growing alongside has nothing like this going on!

I've only cracked one OK seed, so I'll keep an eye out for this when I run it again.

41 minutes ago, MicroDoser said:

That is rather interesting. If it is not a mutation it may be boron although the fact that boron has such a wide availability makes me doubt this. Is it on young or older leaves

If it goes away with a feed then it was a def. If it does not then it is a mutation.

Sometimes the 'dr house' method of diagnosis is valid, treat the condition you think it might be and if the treatment works, you have found the problem and fixed it in one go ;)

Its in coco, so fed everyday at the same ec as its neighbour - I might just up the feed a tiny bit for this one, it was hungrier early on that the other plant... Or, I'll switch them 12/12 (about due for that) and add a wee bit bloom in with its feed...

It is interesting - it shows up on leaves around halfway up the plant and goes up to the top - except, so far, nothing like this on tops coming off the main stem - it has been showing on smaller shoots, which training brought up to the top.

Thank you both! I'll post here if I hit on anything definitive... Meantime, just keep scratching my head! :g:

:v:

2 people like this