Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Afghankush13

What are they??

Guys was having a good old bonding session with my babies tonight when I flipped one of the plants to see how the roots were getting on. On doing so I noticed a tiny little white thing moving then it jumped across the coco and back inside, I then proceeded to check a few more which had one or two scuttling around, I’m just wondering what it was and are they harmful?? The plants are really healthy looking in themselves I’ve got yellow sticky pads on every pot I’m currently in week 3 if veg in 3.5L pots so you get an idea of the scale of the picture to follow. Obviously the red circle is highlighting the little bastard!! Thanks in advance 

large.AD8CD17E-829A-48BE-877E-29E40019C0A7.jpeg

They're springtails mate, they're harmless just a little unsightly. 

5 minutes ago, Golden Syrup said:

They're springtails mate, they're harmless just a little unsightly. 

From reading up i was Convinced it was

Gnat larvae but you definitely know more than me mate. Thanks a lot for the quick reply 

1 person likes this

yeah spring tails, any time I've had them I just give the plants a good watering & catch the run off in the saucers, that usually flushes a lot of the springtails out,

then I use a turkey baster & suck them up in the run off, then its a burial at sea for the springtails (down the lavi), it helps keep the numbers down & stops them

eating too much roots as this can eventually affect a plants health, I dont mean a plant dies but it can affect the growth & yield slightly.

1 person likes this

I got them..had them last run too.

Best results last grow so not bothered by them. Sure i read theyre beneficial on here somewhere.when you water next watch them wriggle to the surface.

Edited by Chu

On 25/10/2018 at 10:56 PM, Afghankush13 said:

Guys was having a good old bonding session with my babies tonight when I flipped one of the plants to see how the roots were getting on. On doing so I noticed a tiny little white thing moving then it jumped across the coco and back inside, I then proceeded to check a few more which had one or two scuttling around, I’m just wondering what it was and are they harmful?? The plants are really healthy looking in themselves I’ve got yellow sticky pads on every pot I’m currently in week 3 if veg in 3.5L pots so you get an idea of the scale of the picture to follow. Obviously the red circle is highlighting the little bastard!! Thanks in advance 

large.AD8CD17E-829A-48BE-877E-29E40019C0A7.jpeg

http://www.canna-uk.com/springtails-pests-diseases, Here you go mate.:skin_up:

1 person likes this