Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

calif123

Bubble hash screen press using 25micron bag?

Hi folks,

I'm doing my first bubble hash run and the screen press 25micron that was supposed to come with the bubble bag kit that I ordered off ebay did not arrive, so I have bubble bags but no screen to press with. I need to do the hash tonite as I'm moving house and not sure how to proceed.

The bags I have got are: 25, 73, 120 and 220. Am I right thinking I can just use the 25 micron as a bag and a press somehow? How would I go about doing this?

Thanks for any info,

1 person likes this

Hi. You can place the wet hash on a piece of oven proof paper to dry out. You do not want to press it whilst it's wet TBH as it might trap moisture. Let it dry out for a few days before pressing it. Have a look on you tube at some instructional videos. I've done a few runs now without the screens. They are surplus to requirement IMHO.

I dont quite understand what you are saying?  A screen aint for pressing,  its for dry sift.  You can press your hash using anything really.  Its just the application of pressure.

The screen allows you to place the hash down onto an absorbent material - paper towel, cardboard. This soaks up the water without actually touching the hash. You can put it straight onto the card or towel but risk picking up fibres into your hash. The 25 bag can be used instead once clean and dry, yeah. You don't need to press at first until its at least partially to fully dried, depending on what you want to achieve with it.

Edit - and as has been rightly stated pressing it together does not require the screen. Gloved hands, whatever are fine.

Edited by FarmerPalmersNT
2 people like this

Sorry maybe pressing is the wrong term, but what I meant was the thing that you immediately scrape the hash off from the bags into. On youtube its a small rectangular 25 micron screen. Then they put paper towels on it to extract some moisture, and then turn over in half to squeeze moisture out, into the paper towel.

Is the stuff left over in the 25 micron bag rubbish? I'm trying to understand what would happen if I just use the 25 bag to do the screen press (as above) and only do the hash run with a 73, 120 and 220. Would that be ok?

Cheers

10 minutes ago, calif123 said:

Sorry maybe pressing is the wrong term, but what I meant was the thing that you immediately scrape the hash off from the bags into. On youtube its a small rectangular 25 micron screen. Then they put paper towels on it to extract some moisture, and then turn over in half to squeeze moisture out, into the paper towel.

Is the stuff left over in the 25 micron bag rubbish? I'm trying to understand what would happen if I just use the 25 bag to do the screen press (as above) and only do the hash run with a 73, 120 and 220. Would that be ok?

Cheers

I would say for your first run to use all the bags. Then collect the results of each bag by itself and dry the resulting hash and smoke each of them. Then you will know for sure if any are rubbish and you do not lose any hash by not using a small enough screen.

You may find a particular bag has what you want which is not in the others, or makes much better hash. It will help you decide which bags to keep using and which to keep in the cupboard. Most people I know used the biggest screen, the middle one, and the smallest.

Myself, I have some bags that don't get used any more as I have gone to Butane extraction and I much prefer the product that results from that.

Edited by MicroDoser

I get it now with the screen. 

;)

25 micron bags are a pain in the arse, you need lots of patience getting the water to drain through, is not so bad first time you use it