Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

diyleduk

The random led question thread.

250 posts in this topic

@tokenroll oh im on it mate im sure of that. Give me a few weeks and i will be there one way or another. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Evening all, I have a random led question for you....

Does anyone know if it's possible to dim the HLG 100w plug and play? It's the 192pc board.(V1)

The website says it's a non dimmable design, but I was wondering if that was just because of the driver they supply? (Meanwell OWA-90U-36-P1M)

If so, could anyone point me in the right direction to find one... I have had a search around but couldn't find any info on anyone doing this, and the meanwell site confused the hell out of me! 

* am I correct in thinking I need the ELG-100-36a-3y ?

I''m a bit lost when it comes to electronics to be honest :blushing:

Thanks in advance

zabz

Edited by zabz

@zabz Yeah you need a new driver. 

ELG-100-36A type will be too much, you can use a HLG-80H-36a. Or you can use a ELG-100-36B type.

1 person likes this

@diyleduk Thanks mate, I'm glad I asked!

Do you sell these?

Posted (edited)

@zabz I might have some ELG-100-36b ill have a look on monday for you.

Edited by diyleduk
2 people like this

@diyleduk Thanks mate, and thanks for starting this thread, I thought it was very generous of you! It's nice to know there's someone around who knows what they're talking about :yep: 

The reason I want to dim it is to use it in a small veg space.

If I were to keep the driver outside and mount the board onto the ceiling of the (wooden) box, how much clearance do you think it needs? it doesn't use a heat sink, but the board gets pretty dam hot on top after 18hrs.

*I'll have cpu fans extracting from as high as possible, but I don't think there'll be room above...

zabz

1 person likes this

@zabz Ive got a ELG-100-36B-3y is you want it. 

£30 plus £3.80 shipping is the best i can do on it. I will solder a 100k pot and 10k resistor for you :yep:

2 people like this

1 hour ago, diyleduk said:

£30 plus £3.80 shipping is the best i can do on it. I will solder a 100k pot and 10k resistor for you :yep:

Done, sounds good to me mate.

Do I pay etc. through your website, or direct bank transfer?

PM me any details I need :yep:

zabz

@zabz Email me please mate as i forgot things on here. adam@diyleduk.com

@diyleduk hi mate love the insta page and website. Spot on. All the best with the business. 

Quick question about the red suppliment lights you recently posted about. 

Do you think it's possible to use the 2 strip suppliment lights on tiers of shelves and like finish plants with them? 

Ta mate