Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

diyleduk

The random led question thread.

250 posts in this topic

Please post all your led questions here.  Whether it's about our products or not, I will answer. Can't be all over the forum so let's keep them all here then you will get a response.

Thanks. :)

14 people like this

I got one for you buddy if you don't mind.

Its not one of your products but i appicate the support.

Right so i'm on my first led hydro grow in tent

Tent 100cmx100cmx200cm black orchid
Plan was to run x2 v450w viparspectra leds lights with wilma system.

But i have a spare 600w mars hydro new in box led
So i'm thinking as temps are low with led and weathers starting to drop in temp. When i start to flower can i add the mars hydro to grow room with x2 450w viparspectra.
Idea was i could use the 600w to bring the temps up a little when needed and its a bonus with extra light in there ?

So question is can i feed my plants too much led light and would it effect the plants.
Would all 3 lights on be over kill to the plants ? Or is it just a bonus ?

I can keep temps at 26c and 50-60% M with all 3 running.

Many Thanks

HS

@diyleduk hi pal just wondering if you have done any tests with the  cree cxb3590 and if they are as good as all the yanks say they are

and also if you can supply them round pin heatsinks ? 

cheers

LM  

2 hours ago, HeavySmoker said:

I got one for you buddy if you don't mind.

Its not one of your products but i appicate the support.

Right so i'm on my first led hydro grow in tent

Tent 100cmx100cmx200cm black orchid
Plan was to run x2 v450w viparspectra leds lights with wilma system.

But i have a spare 600w mars hydro new in box led
So i'm thinking as temps are low with led and weathers starting to drop in temp. When i start to flower can i add the mars hydro to grow room with x2 450w viparspectra.
Idea was i could use the 600w to bring the temps up a little when needed and its a bonus with extra light in there ?

So question is can i feed my plants too much led light and would it effect the plants.
Would all 3 lights on be over kill to the plants ? Or is it just a bonus ?

I can keep temps at 26c and 50-60% M with all 3 running.

Many Thanks

HS

That's about 700w at the wall according the mfr specs. You would have to hang them high up to get away with it imo.

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, littlemester said:

@diyleduk hi pal just wondering if you have done any tests with the  cree cxb3590 and if they are as good as all the yanks say they are

and also if you can supply them round pin heatsinks ? 

cheers

LM  

They are good but the luminus cxm22 is on par at most currents,slightly ahead over 70w and costs half the price. The cma3090 is the cxb3950 replacement but isn't much better.

Pin heatsinks in 2 sizes will be on the site later this year.

26 minutes ago, diyleduk said:

They are good but the luminus cxm22 is on par at most currents,slightly ahead over 70w and costs half the price. The cma3090 is the cxb3950 replacement but isn't much better.

Pin heatsinks in 2 sizes will be on the site later this year.

Can you supply the above luminus cxm22 COBS as i cant find them on your website ?

@littlemester No mate ive moved away from cobs now.

Heres the product codes for the luminus. Easy enough to find  :yep:

3000k/90cri    CXM-22-30-90-54-AC30-F4-3

3500k/90cri    CXM-22-35-90-54-AC30-F4-3

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, diyleduk said:

That's about 700w at the wall according the mfr specs. You would have to hang them high up to get away with it imo.

So i'm guessing you can have too much light then.

@HeavySmoker yes if they are put to close and hanging them high just for the heat would be a waste of leccy imo. One viper and the 1 mars light would be ok.

1 person likes this

11 minutes ago, diyleduk said:

@HeavySmoker yes if they are put to close and hanging them high just for the heat would be a waste of leccy imo. One viper and the 1 mars light would be ok.

Thanks for info dude
Leccy is not a problem i get it free. :)

1 person likes this

@diyleduk with  the new hlg elite v2 do you know which diodes they use for the red and far red ? Cheers :oldtoker:

19 minutes ago, Arthur Mix said:

@diyleduk with  the new hlg elite v2 do you know which diodes they use for the red and far red ? Cheers :oldtoker:

I don't know the exact model but it's lumileds luminous. I'll ask.

1 person likes this

@diyleduk - Good morning mate :)

Right i have a question that i would appreciate your input on.

I have a 2m x 1m x 2m tent i have a 600w hps either side , one in a growstar parabolic shade the other a mantis-pro reflector so space is a premium in the tent as you could imagine , now from your units what unit and power would you advise for a fixture to be in the center ? 

I was thinking about adding another hps or possibly a cdm but want all options open.

What would you recommend mate 

Farmer G 

@FARMER G

Hi mate. I'm a led salesman so I'm going to say go for a quantum board unit :P here's why..

CMH PPF output is 590 umol/s before reflector losses and 345w at the wall. 

Quantum board PPF output is 589 umol/s at 240w at the wall.(they do go up to 280w)

Cmh cost is about £250

QB cost is £265

Hps is going to be cheapest option in upfront cost and bulbs are cheap so if you want low upfront costs, go hps. Want low running costs, go leds.

Edited by diyleduk
6 people like this

Thanks @diyleduk appreciate the reply :)

I might be inline for a heliospectra light as a friend over ordered what do you think of those ? i know they are expensive (for clarity i wont be purchasing it) 

So the QB gets the nod from your self then mate if i was to purchase a fixture  :yep:

Farmer G