Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

K-dawg

Growers Ark Bloom

17 posts in this topic

Just started using Growers ark bloom , soft water version. Plants are in plagron all mix and been on plain water with odd splash of cal-mag here and there. On week 3 of flower now and gave them 3ml per litre. Just wondering how high to folks usually go with this stuff? They look a tad underfed after that first feed.

K-dawg :smokin:

My disco biscuit are on just under 4ml per litre of Bloom with a little over !ml per litre of Extra Traces. Youre adding Extra Traces right?

1 person likes this

No mate just using the bloom. Is the extra traces needed? 

It is mate yes. Youre supposed to add the desired amount of bloom (or grow), in your case 3ml per litre, then top up with extra traces taking the total amount to 5ml per litre. So you would also add 2ml per litre of extra traces.

2 people like this

At the end of week 7 now and got to say there is a big difference in bud size compared to using the bio bizz nutes. Same strain and enviro. Only thing I haven't followed is the flushing method for growers ark, forgot about their flush it product.

So i have been flushing for a week now with just plain water, plan to flush another week then chop... will bud be ok without using "flush it" or should i purchase this then flush again?

2 people like this

On ‎19‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 5:27 AM, Hot_Rock said:

It is mate yes. Youre supposed to add the desired amount of bloom (or grow), in your case 3ml per litre, then top up with extra traces taking the total amount to 5ml per litre. So you would also add 2ml per litre of extra traces.

where did you find that out? 

@kc stoner

This was an email from the guys at Growers Ark.

with those EC readings you need to use hard water nutrients.

Nutrients needed are listed below and I am attaching some info sheets to this e.mail for further info on Root Tonic/ xtra traces and Flush

For a cost conscious grower.

Root Tonic enough for cuttings and grow phase.

Coco Grow food...dilute for small cutting use full strength for established plants

Coco Bloom Food

Boost it

Full range/spend a bit more

Root tonic enough for cuttings and complete grow/bloom

First Feed for cuttings/newly established plants

Grow Food

Bloom Food

Boost It

Flush

Xtra traces

Hope this answers your questions if not get back to us

Thanks for your interest in our products

Root Tonic

A good root system is as important as healthy leaves for producing a good crop of flowers/fruit, Root Tonic contains a range of ingredients beneficial to roots and plant health in general (#1 ).The quality (and price) of these ingredients can vary wildly depending on the grade of material .We have attempted to source the best possible even if it means paying more, we think this gives us the best product.

Whilst very good results can be obtained using Root Tonic during the growth period and 2 weeks into flowering/fruiting, for exceptional results we recommend using Root Tonic from the beginning to the very end of your plants life cycle. Customers who have used the product in this manner have given some fantastic feed back

Tips

Use all the way through for super roots.

Use at 10ml/ltr as a one off feed to give tired perennial plants in containers a new lease of life.

Use at 20mls/ltr as a soak to revive/restore dried out cuttings and plug plants (if the roots have formed and the leaves have wilted not dried )

#1…Ingredients are…… Humate a mixture of potassium humate, fulvic acid and other humate fractions basically an extract of the good bits in soil (#2) Seaweed extract (contains plant hormones and micronutrients) and last but not least amino acids (plant version of body builder drinks)

#2… Growers Ark Limited uses Humate in Its’ Coco food and Root Tonic. Humate is a natural compound formed by the decomposition of plant material over geological time scales (1000’s of years), it is found as deposits in the ground. It is chemically similar to the compounds that are termed “humus” or humic compunds in a rich living soil. Humate has been used, researched and tested for over 25 years, initially in the turf care industry (golf courses sports grounds etc) but in more recent years in a wide range of agriculture/ horticulture settings.

Humate acts as a mild biostimulant to plants acting to improve their growth and health. Plants provided with humate can make better use of nutrients and are more resistant to stress. The humate promotes the development of bigger healthier root systems and also helps to increase the microbial activity in a soil or other growing medium

Extra traces

Trace elements are already present in your plant food, when you use food at full strength (5ml/ltr) your traces are present at maximum useful levels giving your plants the ability to take up any traces they need. Many people like to feed plants at a lower level than full strength, whilst in most cases this is absolutely fine, it is possible that growth may be reduced due to the occasional shortage of a trace element. In order to avoid this risk we produce Extra Traces as a separate bottle, this allows those users who want to the ability to provide a reduced EC feed with traces at 100% the levels of as full strength food. When using ET add 1ml of ET for every ml of food missed out. Eg 5ml of food…no extra traces. 4ml of food 1ml Txtra Traces. 3ml of food 2ml Extra Traces

You can also use Extra Traces alone at 5ml/ltr or with Root Tonic to give plants a break between feedings to prevent nutrient build up in soil/Coco. This will provide the plants with any traces they need to use, when using up any residual nutrients in the growing medium.

Flush It

Note Flush It will only work at it’s best if the plant is healthy and has good healthy roots.

Make flush up at 5mls/ltr this should give an EC of around 1-1.2.

Use flush as follows.

In pots and run to waste systems add flush until around 20% of the volume has run through the pots check the EC of this run off it will be above 1.2. Each time you flush the plants (every 1 or 2 days if possible) the EC of the run off will increase, often going off the scale of the EC meter, this is the flush working.

In recirculating systems check the EC of the tank/barrel and when this EC has risen to around 3 replace the Flush It in the tank/barrel. Note as recirculating systems continually run the nutrient over the roots this may happen in a few days.

After 10-14 days of flushing the EC of the run off will start to drop back to the starting levels of around 1-1.2 when this has happened you have successfully flushed your plants and should have a better product.

Tenchie

3 people like this

thanks. 

1 person likes this

So can i get away with just plain water or do i need to buy the flush it and start flushing again?

You`ll be just fine on plain water  :yep:

Tenchie.

2 people like this

I have used Extra Traces in the past to flush and then just tap water only afterwards. 

1 person likes this

Cheers , some gear this growers ark. Fattest buds I have had yet

2 people like this

4 hours ago, K-dawg said:

Cheers , some gear this growers ark. Fattest buds I have had yet

I've been using it for the last few grows and I'm also delighted with the results I've been getting.

A thumbs up from me :yep:

2 people like this

When watering with these nutes do you let plants soak up run off if they still need correct amount of water then water again till more run off comes through? And then chuck that.

This is what i done with bio bizz nutes, but not sure with chem nutes.

Edited by K-dawg