Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Lean Bear

Crafty - fubar ...same again or something different...

31 posts in this topic

So 70hrs useage on my vape and its buggered. No longer holding a charge and wont turn on.  Well pissed off considering it cost £200. Going try and change the battery see if that solves it.

S&B not much help as out warranty by 6mths. Nice one ta.

So....do i get another Crafty or something else. I see the Boundless looks like a copy, for half the price. Anyone compared the two ?

1 person likes this

been using a boundless for about 16 months now, I charge it at least 4 times daily am well pleased with it

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, hash72 said:

been using a boundless for about 16 months now, I charge it at least 4 times daily am well pleased with it

How many sessions would you think you get off one charge? I used to get about 2.5-3 at the end of the crafty life. Have you used a Crafty to compare? They look very similar.

I use it mostly for hash, I heat on second heat setting out of 5, I don't time it but I turn it on and off keeping the heat up for maybe 15mins, when its charging I have a volcano for vaping bud

I use the boundless CFX. Its pretty good. Decent flavour, no issues with reliability, hefty bowl capacity and two decent 18650s in it so more than enough charge for a night or two for most people. Shite with extracts though in my experience. Not sure how long I've had it for but its a long time, and it gets VERY heavily used. Feels a bit plasticky, but the vapour path is very well isolated.

1 person likes this

@FarmerPalmersNT thanks for that feedback. Reassuring to know. I'm going try and swap the battery, and if that doesn't work go the Boundless CF ( or maybe CFV) route. S&B need to up their game man. Great products & well thought out , but the price point and reliability takes the piss.  You'd think by now they'd have brought out a replacement for the crafty with replaceable batteries. 

Yeah - I've not heard good things of late - particularly with the crafty. If reports are anything to go by it could be the main board connections? If you do get the cfx there's a few modifications that are worth doing (fully reversible).

1 person likes this

Boundless have got a new one out called the Tera that looks good

@cypher79 just make sure it's a mk3 tera, both of the previous models had Teflon tape on the heater .. If you got to puffitup there a blog where they tear down the v3 ...

1 person likes this

Nice site @Arthur Mix - now I'm struggling between boundless and fury 2 :wallbash:!

1 person likes this

@Lean Bear imo the fury2 is the one at the moment price wise and flavour etc .. They have a new one out soon called the fierce that has replaceable power bank ..Maybe @Ital will give his opinion on the fury ....:oldtoker:

2 people like this

I was tempted by the fury 2  for travel (AKA grindhouse shift or sutra mini or fenix mini). What put me off was the tiny bowl. Just not enough for my use. That and the fact that it appears to be a cheap chinese rebrand all over the place kind of puts me off. Could be a decent little vape if you don't mind smaller bowls.

1 person likes this

Just remembered a couple of other names for it! Hippie rebel and Quant. Never known a vape with quite so many rebrands!

@FarmerPalmersNT. Irc  they all made by weecke, the healthy rips Version  is slightly different to the other oem ones... As for the bowl size it holds enough to share with a mate .:oldtoker:

2 people like this

Some gold in this thread chaps. Thanks for the info on the other oem models.

ordered a dynavap as a standby... And if my battery replacement fails on the crafty I think the fury or version of will get the nkd

@Arthur Mix
r

1 person likes this