Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

vince noir rock n roll star

The don`t be s.a.d sweet seeds 2018/2019 competition diary

244 posts in this topic

logo_sweetseeds-01-1.png

dedicated to my father 

welcome to this my sweet seeds 2018/2019 competition diary of which i am most greatful for being allowed to enter again ..these are events that should bring out the best in people ..to let their creativity and imaginations soar ,and to help these beautiful plants form that symbiotic relationship which follows through to those first inhales on a dried cured bud .

when sweet seeds first offered me a free pack of seeds firstly i was dumbstruck by their generosity and secondly i was blown away by the resin content and i remember making some black sticky hash with the very first strain i grew ...S.A.D.s1  a lovely example of afghani cannabis ..i was in heaven with this hash ..but a few years later my wife and i were struck down with the worst flu ever which went on for a month in total ..the only buds i had were S.A.D s1 but the flu had ruined the taste for me and it was like nothing ive ever tasted ..this competition diary gives me years later the oppurtunity to try again in the hope i can enjoy it once more .The title is also a reminder for anyone trying to make sense of the world right now .

i hope anyone viewing this diary realises two things ..firstly any plant you see gets used fully as medicine by my wife and i no matter what state they may get in ..nothing goes to waste .and secondly we do not have a lot of space so some of the methods used may seem absolutely bonkers ..but it works for us 

the first plant that is under way though is the wild rose 

WILDROSE_SWS10.jpg

Hybridization of a genetics little known in Europe, but in Canada and North America was very well received, the Rosetta Stone of "The Brothers Grimm" that brings some fresh tones and original citrus.

The other part of the crossing is a HOG, which brings a sweetness to a very characteristic and tasty jelly candy.

It is an easy-to-grow plant ideal for both novice growers and connoisseurs of cannabis who will surely be satisfied.

this was a prize from julys photo contest ..started late sept in john innes compost for seeds ..but in a mesh pot ..this whole diary will probably only use three things ..some mychorrizal fungi on potting up ..seaweed ..and seaweed food with tomato food included ..i like to keep it all as simple as possible so the plants grow themselves ,the medium they will be potted on to is a combination this time of jacks magic compost ,my compost which has been sat for 4 years ,and some coco ..just to help aerate the roots .

but for now consider this the warm up part of my diary ..one plant on the starting grid ..whilst i wait for my other sweet seeds diary to run its course 

large.101_5909.JPG

the most wonderful smelling cream caramel fv and cream mandarine fv ..almost finished 

so ..in this very small 2sq foot tent the lighting will be provided by 

@diyleduk quantum board .a 65 watt veg light ...yes 65 watt ..but also later in flower and as it will be over winter time ,there is a hps ,a cfl and a 135watt red n blue led ufo to accompany ..large.101_5911.JPG

ive cleaned out both spaces this morning ready as well

large.101_5910.JPGlarge.101_5907.JPG

are we ready to kick this off ...i think i might be ...so in she goes at two weeks old ..in a mesh pot ladies and gentlemen i give you my first balls up of the competition ..mrs wild rose 

large.101_5912.JPG

logo_tienda_es.jpg

22 people like this

First in! Hello Vince, hope you are holding up well mate :)

Well good luck with the comp fella, and I look forward to seeing a kilo per bud ;)

6 people like this

@vince noir rock n roll star I am looking forward to watching your bonkers growing methods over the next few months.

The flowering Cream Caramel looks very nice, I can’t wait to flower mine after seeing yours.

A great start to your diary, good luck in the competition dude.

5 people like this

Nice start @vince noir rock n roll star Here's to remembering your dad :skin_up:

Love your style mate. Those mesh pots look a bit posh though mate lol

I see you've got most light spectrums covered now. You just need to knock up a sun trapping, dirctional filter thing that can send some extra ray's into your tent, make the most of that 50'c+ sun you're always showing us.

Look forward to seeing this pan out.

Nice one :guitar:

5 people like this

Hoping for good things in small spaces to make you, your wife and the rest of us happy

5 people like this

Welcome to the competition my friend, 

we hope you enjoy it!

All the best,

jaypp

4 people like this

thank you all for the kind welcome ...now ..i have a few moments 

lets have a think about the cbd strain cream caramel ...for me cream caramel is no3 on my favourite plants its so good for me and sleep and glaucoma ,ive been growing variations of it since its release in fact and i always keep some spare seeds in my fridge ..but ive never tried the cbd version ..i have grown cbd plants before but i find smoking them just does zero for me .so i will be curious as to the taste of these ..but they are mainly to be grown to add to my wifes medibles cookies as she responds very very well to high cbd but she just loves being off her tits on thc as well ..

so off we go with the start proper ..

cbd cream caramel ,sad fv , crystal candy fv ..all been given a kiss for luck and then straight into some moist levingtons seed compost with john innes ..a pro seed compost thats very free draining ..tis alright drop of stuff .

large.101_5924.JPG

the high tech pots are still going strong 

large.101_5927.JPGlarge.101_5926.JPG

and wont ya just look at the size of those cbd beans 

large.101_5925.JPG

9 people like this

the wild rose is loving being under the quantum board and has just realised shes in a flower tent lol ..wake me up time .

large.101_5934.JPG

8 people like this

I had to pop in if just to visit the absolute source of all Voodoo in the world and restore my power lol

All the very best as usual my friend :yep:

Hope were gonna see some thumbage this year ehe

6 people like this

post-20433-0-99000300-1320527552_thumb.jpg

3 people like this

Nice one Vince!

That's a great start for a diary, thanks for sharing ;)

Keep it up and sweet smokes,

tommy

4 people like this

fireworks-animated-gif-4.gif

annnnnnd were off ...just ..sort of ...slightly 

large.DSCN0659.JPGlarge.DSCN0658.JPGs.a.d and cream caramel cbd are a go....

crystal candy ...not quite just yet ...good things come to those who wait ..

large.DSCN0660.JPG

the timing of these is spot on ..just as the cream caramel fv comes out of the tent and another week to go on the cream mandarine

large.DSCN0662.JPG

this will free up the space for the wild rose to get a grip and the other seedlings to have a moment to themselves ..

large.DSCN0661.JPG

Edited by vince noir rock n roll star
8 people like this

That is the biggest seed I have ever seen dude, is it as big in the flesh as it looks in the photo?

Edited by Smokebelch
3 people like this

size of a 50p piece

5 people like this

large.101_5955.JPGlarge.101_5954.JPGlarge.101_5953.JPG

well theyve all cracked ..so far the sad is the first upright ..the crystal candy will be next and bringing up the rear will be the cc cbd ..you can see some crumbs on the soil surface ..thatll be q4 mychorrizal fungi ..a little now will go a long way later .

still awaiting the manderine of the fast variety to hurry up n finish ..the cream caramel fv is down and undergoing a final trim up 

large.101_5949.JPGlarge.101_5950.JPGlarge.101_5952.JPG

8 people like this