Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

iGrow420710

Drying in high humidity...

How to dry in high humidity?

Lower the humidity or find somewhere else

Owd

1 person likes this

A lot of ppl will be experiencing high humidity atm.

Hang plants whole- takes longer but protects you from loads of fuck ups from a fluctuating environment. Don’t trim it till it’s dry, the leaves protect the smell of the bud (very important if humidity is low).

U can use a dehumidifier as well- be careful it doesn’t jack up ur temps tho. They produce a fair bit of heat in a small space

1 person likes this

I always suffer from high humidity which means it can take a long time for my buds to dry.

Thats not a bad thing. Too long and mold can set in if the buds don’t dry quickly enough. 

Not everybody will agree, but this is what I do to dry in very humid conditions.

Use a dry net.

I wet trim all the buds. I separate the main colas into smaller buds to aid drying.

It usually takes 5 days with temps between 18 & 21 degrees with humidity between 65 & 75.

Once stems snap, I put into mason jars for 24 hours with the lid offs.

Then I put a humidity meter inside the jar and close the lids. 

Depending on humidity levels within the jar, I leave the lids off for extra drying or leave them sealed to start the cure. 

I have a small fan to keep the air moving.

I’m sure hanging the whole plant is a better method. With high humidity, dry nets work a treat. 

1 person likes this

it will dry quicker if you trim all the leaves and place a fan so it blows across the plant to stop fungal growth

Okay! Drying conditions are 24C with 50% humidity using a humidifier to bring it up to about 60% for a slow dry. 

That should be perfect mate, provided the air flow’s good too. The cure starts now. Good luck man. @iGrow420710

1 person likes this

Just make sure the air is moving. Make sure the plant has air being blown on it every now and then. The last thing you want is a pocket of warm, moist, still air in the middle of your plant.

Also, if any walls are cooler than the room, they will get damp, especially if you have a plant hung in front of them. Make sure any plants near any walls cooler than your room have a gap and some airflow.