Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jimmy Lovemore

The Dreaded Knock

Not what your thinking but nearly as worrying... last night the neighbour knocked and my partner answered, after a short chat she came back in saying the neighbour had asked if we could ever smell skunk in our flat, my partner said no only sometimes when we come in the main door, which you can but it’s not from myself (we are in a top floor flat). This has obviously put the wind right up me and I know I need to change my very old filters but it’s also knocked my confidence a lot. I currently have two extraction fans one is a 8inch rvk attached to a 8inch 500mm (roughly, all I know is it’s the shorter one) which is in the tent also in the tent is a 10inch filter attached to a 8inch s&p TD silent which I have up in the loft, this all just blows to near the eve’s / soffits and facia’s. I’m currently shitting my pants as the quickest I can get the filters is tomorrow after work, and I’m also questioning everything as you do when you para as fuck, I have kids who I love very much and I would be devestated if anything should happen. Is there anyway I can disconnect the bathrooms extractor  fans ducting (small poly pipe) and have my grow ducting venting out that way and also are my fans and filters suited for each other, I got the 10inch for the s&p TD silent as I’d heard it would reduce the strain on the fan and make it more efficient both in filtering and extracting. Sorry for the waffle but my bum cheeks are flapping and my brains racing with all sorts of thoughts. 

2 people like this

Is it smoke they can smell when they say skunk because as we know it smells totally different to growing plants

If and i say if, then you have nothing to worry about. Just get your filter changed tomorrow for peace of mind

Owd

3 people like this

Do the folks where the smell is coming from know you grow. Either way next time you smell it knock their door and tell them the stink of weed from their flat has got the neighbours complaining.

1 person likes this

The neighbour just said skunk, when you come in downstairs sometimes I can smell someone smoking it, but I don’t think this is what she meant, a few days ago I came home and thought I got a slight whiff of my grow in the hallway of my home where the loft hatch is, my partner said she couldn’t smell anything so I just thought I was being para but now I’m pretty sure one of or both the filters are on the way out, had em around 18 months so I will change them out ASAP. No one knows I grow here other than my partner. The neighbours who knocked seem ok and are always polite etc, doubt they’re smokers though. Does anyone know if the advice about the 10inch filter on the s&p TD silent is sound or should I get an 8inch this time around? Thanks @Owderb and @tokenroll 

1 person likes this

Your 10 inch filter on the s&p 8 inch fan will be fine mate.

its better to oversize filters, like you were told, its easier on the fan. 

Your 8 inch fan and filter are also the right ones

2 people like this

Weed smell travels downwards so it's possible your filters are to blame

Good luck

:oldtoker:

1 person likes this

Do you know if she knocked on any other flats? If you can find out you can see wether or not your prime

suspect here,  i feel for you pal i had the same issue with my neighbour who decided to pull me up about it whilst another neighbour was present to,

try not to be paranoid though. Just get them filters changed and make sure you keep yourself smelling fresh whilst coming and going for next few weeks. My guess is it will all blow over and you will be fine.

1 person likes this

Haven’t got a clue if she’s knocked on anyone else’s door but as soon as I see the couple who live under me I’m gonna mention it to see what they say as I’m pretty friendly with them, to be honest I’m chatty with everyone in the block who all seem to be very nice down to earth people, I’m also gonna mention to the new couple at the bottom who I’m pretty sure are the smokers as I’d never smelt anything here until they moved in, at a guess though I’d say it was aimed at me. I’m calming down a bit now, I’ve been up in the loft and pulled the ducting to the other edge (further away from the neighbours) and straight from work tomorrow I’ll be hitting the hydro store then heading home to battle with putting them up. Thankyou everyone. Still think I’m gonna look into venting directly outside some how though for my own peace of mind. 

1 person likes this

Say fuck all mate and carry on regardless, get new filters and make sure you have negative suction within the room, I had same issue with her moaning when I stuck in a bigger oscillating fan, it was blowing out smell in the gaps. I then up'd the intake creating negative suction within the room and presto, I know because when I open the room I can feel air pull into it or see with a feather to see it pull in. 

Sorry to hear your neighbours a wanker. 

1 person likes this

My flat used to fill up with skunk smell from the upstairs grow years ago. It got to the point it was waking me up in the night. I politely spoke to them to tell them I’m not so many words that they needed to extract their air differently, I never had an issue after that. Obviously I was growing too. Maybe they were just letting you know that they can smell your grow op. If they were cunts they could’ve just picked the phone up and grassed you up. So don’t worry mate a get a new filter. Ps CAN filters and rhino have gone shit buy a mountain air or a phresh filter if you can mate

Edited by crticalcontent
2 people like this

48 minutes ago, TheGreenShabeenReturns said:

I then up'd the intake creating negative suction within the room

How does that work? Whats negative suction when its a home? sounds like my sex life

Edited by Evelyn Pickaxe
6 people like this

17 hours ago, Evelyn Pickaxe said:

How does that work? Whats negative suction when its a home? sounds like my sex life

Haha does sound a bit Irish now that you've mentioned it, basically if the sides of my tent are pulling in I know any gaps are pulling air in too. 

If your electric meters are paid meters and in a communal hall, check his electric cost for each month, you can tell which months I am growing by the surge in price. Check the ones who said to you and then you'll know if he was giving you the stoners nod or just being nosey. 

Edited by TheGreenShabeenReturns
1 person likes this

When i was growing in a block of flats the suction from the communal door would drag smell out of everyones gaff. Always knew what everyone was having for tea. I used to blast the out take up the chimney until I collapsed it inside, somehow. After that it was bang on, the front door would drag the smell out. Lucky all my mates were renting in the building. The postman would leave smiling though. 

Its funny my local Sainsburys dont understand air dynamics at all. They have positioned their customer toilets right by the concourse and it seems exactly as Welsh Tom says the main door pulls the smell of shit and piss through and out into the main entrance right where you'd normally be met by the smell of fresh fruit. I wrote them an email explaining what was happening and what would be required to ensure it doesn't happen. I even offered to act as a consultant free of charge and oversee any building work. My email was ignored and their shop still smells of shit and piss.

Edited by Evelyn Pickaxe
3 people like this