Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

metalbasher

My Smile is a bit sad

16 posts in this topic

large.image.jpeglarge.image.jpegThis Ugorg Smile is about three and a half weeks old and been in this 5 inch pot I repotted in house and garden bat mix for 10 days, I noticed the discolouration 4 days ago, it doesn't appear to be getting any worse.  All plants were fim/topped 4 days ago.

should I be worried? As you can see the rest of them look alright.

looking bloody good to me mate   :yep:

2 people like this

Has that afflicted one been drinking the same as the rest?  I don't have a solution. I'm just curious and as baffled as you bud!

1 person likes this

Are they all cuts of the same mum I assume?

1 person likes this

Is she root bound ?

1 person likes this

19 hours ago, Phoenix said:

Has that afflicted one been drinking the same as the rest?  I don't have a solution. I'm just curious and as baffled as you bud!

They are only getting water. at the end of this week I will start feeding them

4 hours ago, Al Swearengen said:

Is she root bound ?

They are about 11 days in these pots and I'm just starting to see roots from the bottom of the pots

19 hours ago, Phoenix said:

Are they all cuts of the same mum I assume?

All from seed Phoenix. 3 ESB 3 Blues and 2 Smile

Do you foliar feed ever?

Eleven days potted up....

Should be happy enough eh?

I'm baffled.  But I know I've had this type of discoloration.  It goes crisp.  I think when I've seen this before the plant was a lazy drinker.

Sorry.  Not a lot of help.

1 person likes this

No I don't foliar feed. 

It could be that when I potted up from plant magic compost to the 5" pots with house and garden bat mix it might have been a bit sensitive to the hotter compost.  At that point I changed the fluorescent light to a 250 MH

I was confused/stoned about whether it was a Ugorg smile, because I do have Ugorg smile seeds in the fridge. But it is definetly a subby seeds smile X smile.

The rest of them are fine so I'll keep an eye on it and hope it doesn't get any worse.

1 person likes this

Could be the batmix being a bit hot for it-with only one plant being affected could mean a hot spot or the plant just being more sensitive to it. 

Give it a good soaking with water and look for the improvement in new growth the affected leaves dont get better.

Atb mate

Edited by cocopips
Yea just re-read your last post lol i think you hit the nail on the head
1 person likes this

Withnailed 

3 hours ago, metalbasher said:

. But it is definetly a subby seeds smile X smile

I have found these to be highly variable in their hunger for nutrients, some very hungry indeed, yellowing up while the rest looked green and healthy.

1 person likes this

What's your humidity like mate? 

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, Al Swearengen said:

What's your humidity like mate? 

The humidity is between 27-48 and the temps are between 20-30 degrees

1 person likes this

Your temps ar ok mate, but I think you need yo get the humidity up a bit . As the plants get bigger the humidity will go up  . Saying that in Veg it's thought that around 70 is ideal and than below 50 in flower. I'm not saying this is the problem but defo worth dialing in along with the temps which should be ideally 26 lights on , minimum 20 lights off. Trying to narrow down that 10 degree swing just a bit . 

I hate to go back to the roots but did u check the root ball, can u remove the plant form th pot to see how healthy they look? Th other girls look good by the way . :yinyang:

1 person likes this

i never thought of looking at the root ball Al. I watered them earlier, so I'll have a look when they dry out a bit in the next couple of days.

Im in the attic so I get a lot of variation on the temps, and I can put a tray of water in to see if it raises the humidity.

the rest are OK as you say, so at least it's not spreading.