Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

zinc

Change of nutrients

I have been using canna coco a+b for my last 3 grows. This has now come to the end of the bottles and wondeeed if anybody could recommend a good alternative to try?

Its not that i dont like the canna range but do feel there may be something better out there. Thanks

I use 'Growers Ark' coco nutrient range and it is excellent stuff and quite a few members on here use them too.

Also there is 'Intense Nutrients' which is worth looking at and a few members are testing them out now.

Both these company's mentioned are on this site.

Hopes this helps,

twoscoops :) 

2 people like this

I'm using Dutch Pro A and B and they seem to do well for me. Cheaper than Canna by a long way.

Ionic,just 1 bottle for veg,and 1 bottle for flower,nice and simple and decent price.

2 people like this

Ionic too, easy to use, gets the results and its cheaper than most.

Ive used it for years, its good stuff.

2 people like this

Plant magic new line of nutes. The bloom nutes have cal/mag added

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, HippyHair said:

Plant magic new line of nutes. The bloom nutes have cal/mag added

that's nice to know, i'm happy with biocanna but the cal/mag don't appear to be organic which means my grow is not organic so I need to change. cheers for the info

1 person likes this

Sorry guys been a bit slack getting back on here. Still not decided fully but do like the idea of a 1 part nutrient like the ionic at the minute, keeps things simple.

I still have quite a bit of canna rhizotonic and calmag. Would these cause any problems in conjunction with ionic?

Growers Ark ftw + they are also the best value for money out there

Edited by nigelpotter

On ‎18‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 11:08 AM, zinc said:

Sorry guys been a bit slack getting back on here. Still not decided fully but do like the idea of a 1 part nutrient like the ionic at the minute, keeps things simple.

I still have quite a bit of canna rhizotonic and calmag. Would these cause any problems in conjunction with ionic?

No, they will work alongside ionic stuff. no worries

i've been using Hesi for awhile now.. i just use the coco bloom bottle, not tnt.. in veg i up the N with calmag, and its seems to be working just fine.. ph stable and all that yadaayada.. cheap as chip aswell..

2 hours ago, neural_rust said:

i've been using Hesi for awhile now.. i just use the coco bloom bottle, not tnt.. in veg i up the N with calmag, and its seems to be working just fine.. ph stable and all that yadaayada.. cheap as chip aswell..

Just to confirm, does the hesi solution automatically buffer the ph of your mix ?No need for ph down?

Edited by GrowYaBoat

my mate who sadly passed on use to use ionic with good results. ionic grow bloom and pk boost

6 hours ago, GrowYaBoat said:

Just to confirm, does the hesi solution automatically buffer the ph of your mix ?No need for ph down?

Well, for me it does.. Tap comes out at 6.5ish and after the nutes it settles to 5.8

On 20/10/2018 at 2:20 PM, nigelpotter said:

Growers Ark ftw + they are also the best value for money out there

Someone tried telling me that Hydrotops is the same stuff as GA’s. He didn’t have any GA in stock so said i may as well buy hydrotops... i bought some anyway as it was all he had.. baulked at the price. 

it’s not the same at all, GA is excellent value for money and there aren’t a hundred different bottles to buy. One lad i know spent over £120 on a line of house and garden stuff he had 5 or 6 bottles of various stuff.. a full range of GA’s stuff will set you back £50 and will easily cover most small to medium grows.

GA root stim requires 5ml per litre and costs £13.99 if you buy the bottle on its own, that’s 7p per litre of solution. Hydrotops is £22.99, no option of saving in a ‘bulk kit” and requires a whopping 10ml per litre... comes to 23p for a litre of solution and you get half the number of doses in a botlle.

I used to be a big fan of Plant Magic but I struggled to switch them on properly. Also got a bit peeved when they split their bottles up to make more sales. 

My GA routine uses Root it and Grow A&B for veg, then Boost it and Bloom A&B for flower, flush it for flush and that’s all i use. No ph up or down, no extra’s or whatevers, just nice and simple. Any issues that have arisen were my fault, my last grow nettedme 7.5 ounce a plant, my highest yet :) can’t recommend them enough.

side note - GA recommend using bloom nutes from day 1 of flower. I contacted them to confirm that and they said this was the best way to use their nutes.. so no fading one up and one down.. just switch.

i like my easy life lol 

2 people like this