Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

SKELE-TORO

FEMALE SEEDS: Blueberry Cheesecake VS Dream Berry

34 posts in this topic

It's about time for a Berry Off!

large.IMG_1281.JPG.cd8342ad4ed4fcf06cf4e

large.IMG_1282.JPG.60024e39ec3fae9fd0f95

SEED INFORMATION:

BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE:

Genetic lineage: Blueberry x Cheese 
Indoor: 7-9 weeks
Height: Indoor: 80-120 cm | Outdoor: 100-150 cm 
Taste/smell: Intense fruity cream-cheese smell and taste
Effect: Powerful, yet balanced stone/high

Blueberry Cheesecake (Cheese x Blueberry multiple hybrid) are selected from an extremely vigorous, smelly mother. We wanted to recreate a very special phenotype that we once found. It had the most amazing Blueberry Cheesecake smell. We succeeded! The Blueberry Cheesecake has two phenos that only differ in appearance.   

#1 pheno is short and bushy (classic Indica look). This will double in height from the beginning of the flowering stage.                                                                               

#2 pheno is tall thin shape (Sativa look) this will triple in height. 
Blueberry Cheesecake cannabis plants are very resinous, giving healthy vigorous plants with a light blue shine. Flowers are known to be lime green and dark violet in color with orange hairs covered in a blanket of crystals. It’s a really a big cropper with an amazing bag-appeal. You will be amazed of the huge trichome production covering the buds from top to bottom. Blueberry Cheesecake is perfect for outdoor, in Mediterranean climates and for Charas production. 
Blueberry Cheesecake will ensure a plant that has a very intense and stinky smell in the flowering stage: a carbon filter is highly recommended!                                     

The taste is fruit on inhale and cheese on exhale. Blueberry Cheesecake is a great strain for putting mind and body at ease.

DREAM BERRY:

Genetic lineage: (Blueberry x Haze) x Nev Haze x Blueberry Cheesecake 
Indoor: 9-10 weeks 
Height: Indoor: 80-150 cm | Outdoor: 2-4 meters 
Taste/Smell: sweet and soft like Blueberry, with some woody Haze and herbal undertones 
Effect: Highly creative, energetic and uplifting high, the day companion you always dreamed of! 

The Dream Berry strain came from a stabilized Blue Dream clone mom, with a Blueberry-dominant Blueberry Cheesecake pheno. This hybrid is going to be your new daytime companion because of its highly creative, energetic and uplifting cerebral high combined with a smooth, relaxing body high.

Dream Berry strain makes anyone talkative and can definitely be described as a social smoke. Dream Berry relaxes and relieves pain symptoms, nausea and alleviates depression. 
Dream Berry produces medium-sized to large buds. Predominantly rock-hard nugs with buds on the lower branches being fluffier. The Dream Berry plant is relatively short and compact with many leaves and wide lateral branches. Leaves are mostly dark green. However, one phenotype has a faint blue shine on her leaves whilst another has an almost dark purplish complexion, thanks to her Blueberry origins. Another important detail to mention is the noticeable abundance of long, thick pistils. 
The Dream Berry strain can be cultivated both indoors and outdoors. Outdoors preferably to be grown in an arid climate, a moderately humid climate or a Mediterranean-like climate. That is because of the compact bud structure and mould issues the plant would face because of too much humidity. Dream Berry flowers within 9-10 weeks when cultivated indoor. 
Dream Berry will start off slow but once flowering commences, she tends to spread wide, like a true Sativa. As stated earlier, Dream Berry is very easy to grow, forgives minor mistakes and does not need particular feeding nor requires any specific attention. Dream Berry loves to be trained, and topping can help to create space between the branches so light can reach the lower branches to maximize production. 
The smell is reminiscent of the blueberry because of her sweetness and because of the subtle berries tones. In conclusion, the smell is complex and with interesting pine/herbal sour notes thanks to her Haze ancestors.

Edited by SKELE-TORO
6 people like this

Another great grow from you.You spoil us. ATB :yep:

1 person likes this

Will be watching with interest.  Cheese cake has been on my to do list for quite some time.

1 person likes this

Im in, looking forward to this :thumsup:

1 person likes this

Will grab a spot in the waiting room, interested in how this Dream Berry goes and when harvested what you reckon on flavour.

Toke...

2 people like this

On 03/10/2018 at 10:47 AM, ursus1000 said:

Another great grow from you.You spoil us. ATB :yep:

:blushing: Well... Thank you ursus kind sir. 
Female Seeds are spoiling me, so... share the love I reckon.
I just hope I can get through it personal issue free lol Bless

On 03/10/2018 at 11:23 AM, AustrianTokker said:

Will be watching with interest.  Cheese cake has been on my to do list for quite some time.

Hey buddy How's it?  Yup... I done the BC before, in a mixed grow. unfortunately I got analy raped by thrips. 

Serious. No hyping it... it actually smells identical to Blueberry Cheesecake. It smells edible. 
I hope to get a few variations of it...  In a perfect scenario for keepers I'd like a cheese dominant BC and a Fruity Fruity Blueberry tasting sativa from the BD

On 03/10/2018 at 11:58 AM, 1312 said:

Im in, looking forward to this :thumsup:

Should be quite the mix up mate. Sativas at the BACK! 

On 03/10/2018 at 1:20 PM, tokenroll said:

Will grab a spot in the waiting room, interested in how this Dream Berry goes and when harvested what you reckon on flavour.

Toke...

Yo token mate. you good? You won't be waiting long bro... check this >>>

4 people like this

Yesus! 

These things are eager to get going! 

I only put them in wet paper Tues evening and this morning they are already grown and dried into the towels lol

Some of them were stuck together well... had to be quite delicate with them. Also pretty nerve-racking pushing them into their pots when they are that long. :scared:

They should be fine... 

medium.IMG_1323.jpg.f10990b336a07d21b01amedium.IMG_1324.jpg.a3bb38d8a7cc219033dd

Here they are snuggled up in their little pots ready to go...  Awwww cute  :in_love:

Excuse the red plastic cup... I think I've lost the bloody Pot. :wacko:

medium.IMG_1327.jpg.c695d089e698cbab192a

6 people like this

i would class the dream berry as a super fast growing strain ,,gets tall and busy very quickly ..the blueberry has the potential to do the same ..both a conniseurs delight ..

2 people like this

On 04/10/2018 at 10:23 PM, vince noir rock n roll star said:

i would class the dream berry as a super fast growing strain ,,gets tall and busy very quickly ..the blueberry has the potential to do the same ..both a conniseurs delight ..

Yo Vince! 

I gotta do a bit of looking about for some information about the DB for sure! 

Just cannot wait for the finished product, but thats some time away yet...  The BC was a bit special and extremely individual tasting...
Anyone expecting the sharp acrid twang of the usual Blue Cheeses will be pleasantly surprised with this one.
More of a sweet soft Blueberry/Love Hearts/Cheesecake smell and taste. 
I love the Berry!  

Edited by SKELE-TORO
1 person likes this

So... 10/10 cracked... 10/10 shown up.

A good start!

The Blueberry Cheesecake looked like a bigger stronger seed to start. They were first to show, although I was happy to see the Dream Berry not far behind. 

We have a mutant!

Check out the Dream Berry on the front row...  it's come up with only one cotyledon? That's a first for me.  
Not sure that one will make it but we will see?

What I do expect is a lot of deformities and mutants this run.. we are packed full of blueberry genetics!
I think Female Seeds breeders will have sorted that out and stabilized it somewhat with the crosses but we shall see...
In the past I have had a lot of issues trying to track down a good quality stable BB genetic from multiple different seed banks, cursed with hermies and deformities or just a very un-Berry tasting final product. 
I will be blessed if I find a keeper. 

Looking forward to this one!

Onward.

large.IMG_1355.jpg.9f880e9e155b83c4342af

large.IMG_1357.jpg.24bb6301643849a2ff055

Edited by SKELE-TORO
4 people like this

Ay up!

sorry about the photo quality there :wacko: I think it important that you see them from above though. 

DC at the top BC at the bottom. 

large.IMG_1408.jpg.faf6f1d7ecd07bb5735b6

large.IMG_1410.jpg.457e55106e97fadcc1a30

Time for their first pot up! 

They stretched a little bit even under a 400 so I'm gonna have to bury the stems as I usually do.  No biggy. 
At this stage I have decided to be quite brutal in my selection as I think 15/16 plants was too much last time. and probs was detrimental to yield (Light cover)
I removed 2 DB and 2 BC. 

One of the DB was a runt and came through deformed as seen above... it had picked up a bit and was starting to grow normally,  but it will never be the same size as the rest. Out. 

The other DB I removed was the tallest, it had stretched out the most and was much less vibrant than the rest. Out. 

The BC was harder to choose from they all came through pretty strong!  I could feel the power when I saw the seeds. CHUNKY.  I removed 2 of the smaller stemmed weaker ones. 

It was probs a bit early to tell for them but I think I made the right choice.    DOWN TO 6 OF EACH! 

If I had a bigger tent I would have done them all.   Female Seeds germination rates has to be the best in the game?

large.IMG_1418.jpg.be7e3e15417a5694d8bf8

see you next week 

6 people like this

On 10/17/2018 at 1:32 PM, SKELE-TORO said:

Ay up!

sorry about the photo quality there :wacko: I think it important that you see them from above though. 

DC at the top BC at the bottom. 

large.IMG_1408.jpg.faf6f1d7ecd07bb5735b6

large.IMG_1410.jpg.457e55106e97fadcc1a30

Time for their first pot up! 

They stretched a little bit even under a 400 so I'm gonna have to bury the stems as I usually do.  No biggy. 
At this stage I have decided to be quite brutal in my selection as I think 15/16 plants was too much last time. and probs was detrimental to yield (Light cover)
I removed 2 DB and 2 BC. 

One of the DB was a runt and came through deformed as seen above... it had picked up a bit and was starting to grow normally,  but it will never be the same size as the rest. Out. 

The other DB I removed was the tallest, it had stretched out the most and was much less vibrant than the rest. Out. 

The BC was harder to choose from they all came through pretty strong!  I could feel the power when I saw the seeds. CHUNKY.  I removed 2 of the smaller stemmed weaker ones. 

It was probs a bit early to tell for them but I think I made the right choice.    DOWN TO 6 OF EACH! 

If I had a bigger tent I would have done them all.   Female Seeds germination rates has to be the best in the game?

large.IMG_1418.jpg.be7e3e15417a5694d8bf8

see you next week 

Heee  @SKELE-TORO, how's it going mate?? :D

Sorry for the late entry but here I am eventually!

Firstly, thank you for getting this lovely grow diary up and running. To be honest with you, I was so looking forward to seeing you growing these 2 strains. It's going to be a great comparative grow, pretty sure about it :smug:

Since both strain have tendencies to stretch a lot (as you know already), it will be interesting to see your growing technique. What do you have in mind in order to keep them low, without excessive stretch? 

I guess you won't be doing that long veg phase to keep things lower, or not?
Good that you removed 4 plants in total, that's a smart move for real with these genetics <_<

Anyhow, thanks again for giving them a try.

Needless to say, I'll be along for the ride and watching with interest.

Best of luck, and until next update my friend!

Cheers,
Mr B.

2 people like this

Sorry I skipped a week but I got photos...

Blueberry Cheesecake

As you can see they went mental on the stretch! Its expected from seeds, but I aint having it! lol 
A lot of variation in the heights of the BC.. Looks like 2 main phenos but a bit too early to tell. 

medium.IMG_1504.jpg.4792066de9df623c4cc9medium.IMG_1505.jpg.5fe64dbfc54b155f1d76

Dream Berry 

A lot more uniformity to these babies, although the same amount of stretch... no biggie. I have some scissors. :yes: 

medium.IMG_1506.jpg.4bbeb0ddccf14105129cmedium.IMG_1507.jpg.300514f1602028918c2a

After a bit of research I'm a bit more aware of what I'm up against now with these. 

I need to keep these girls short and bushy. (as I always try to do) I'll be using my normal abusive techniques and be topping them hard all the way into flower. 

I know they won't want to grow into bushes naturally but hopefully they can be persuaded somewhat. :starwars:

Here we go...

First a bump up into the final pots.. 

I noticed that they all had quite small and weak root systems on the pot up so I rushed out to get some Bio Bizz Root Juice. 

They should of had it from day one but usually I'm alright with my roots? anyway they had a good dose after the re-pot and all have been topped by cutting in half. 

Now I leave them a week to recover.  

medium.IMG_1515.jpg.a3e2b74c7f7d539c6151medium.IMG_1517.jpg.55f9633d3c779c45de62

3 people like this

So... yeah they had a good stunting, they needed it!  It should help with root growth too so it's all good. 

Now I can also control them a bit more with topping and pruning to enhance the shape as they grow.
Those thin flimsy stems would not have been a good start.  

They look a little dark green atm, but they only in light mix, so I think it's the Root Juice. I imagine it's seaweed based. 

medium.IMG_1607.jpg.b86c34822c60c2e107femedium.IMG_1609.jpg.14d9e5c5f94033419baa

medium.IMG_1611.jpg.8977fd31f9ffb16186dfmedium.IMG_1612.jpg.a40ceb2e3eba1aae32e1

the leading tips will be getting a snip next week... 

4 people like this

On 11/4/2018 at 2:40 PM, SKELE-TORO said:

So... yeah they had a good stunting, they needed it!  It should help with root growth too so it's all good. 

Now I can also control them a bit more with topping and pruning to enhance the shape as they grow.
Those thin flimsy stems would not have been a good start.  

They look a little dark green atm, but they only in light mix, so I think it's the Root Juice. I imagine it's seaweed based. 

medium.IMG_1607.jpg.b86c34822c60c2e107femedium.IMG_1609.jpg.14d9e5c5f94033419baa

medium.IMG_1611.jpg.8977fd31f9ffb16186dfmedium.IMG_1612.jpg.a40ceb2e3eba1aae32e1

the leading tips will be getting a snip next week... 

Hello Skele-Toro, hope all is well :)
Seems like you already understood how to behave with these stretchy ladies and honestly, I really like your plan. Abusive techniques sound great, you have to go brutal indeed.
The uniformity of the Dream Berry it's impressive. While the differences in height between the Blueberry Cheesecakes I wouldn't say it's normal, but with this strain, plants need more time to stabilise themselves.

Are these going to be their final pots? And when are you planning to switch to 12/12?

Thanks for the updates, happy to see you growing these varieties :D

Take care my friend,

Cheers,
Mr B.

1 person likes this