Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

38 posts in this topic

@JJJ

It smells like a mix between Turkish delight and Fenugreek, so if you hate either of them you might want to give it a miss;)

Mate of mine who ran it was unhappy because it didn’t smell like weed even though he was happy with the indica leaning high.

Goes to show what a range of smells this plant can produce and we’ve probably bred some/a lot of that diversity out of the commercially available varieties. Good luck:yep:

1 person likes this

Hey there Gojitangie!   I had to Google 'Fenugreek' HaHa.  Some say it smells like maple syrup whereas other think it honks of curry or even walnuts.  I totally get Turkish Delight though.  I can handle the occasional accidental waft of that through the house (as odd as that sounds) if it mainly disguises the smell of weed.  Not an ideal situation I know but I'm exploring every option that might keep my grow free of suspicion.

I am however prepared to take on-board what others say though about weed smelling like weed to the untrained nose and that it's easier to focus on the smell-proof set up rather than the strain.  I guess I'll just have to try it for myself and see where it goes.  My experience will undoubtedly be different to your mate's but that's just the way it goes.  Thanks for the great info.

1 person likes this

G13 labs purple haze very low odour when growing, powerful high to 

1 person likes this

I checked it out 'Jonny5'.  Looks very nice. Another one for my list of possibles. Much appreciated.

Nirvana's Blue Mystic didn't smell very much at all from memory. 

1 person likes this

get a pot of ona gel  and leave it open  the other side of the room ...  should be strong enough to cover  a waft when you open the tent mate .... that way you can grow what you like  ...:skin_up:

1 person likes this

Yea I grew a Blue Mystic once. Nice plant: smelled really strange, kind of a chemical smell mixed with strong wafts of a flowers. My missus kept telling me she could detect cannabis around the house but it's definitely one of the lower odour varieties. I just wanted to try something different and perhaps higher yielding. It's always a good fall back option though.

And yes, I have to agree that Ona is potent stuff. I never grow without it, especially in these final weeks. Never tried it on a pungent strain though. I've read mixed reviews about its ability to deal with serious stinks.

Lots of great feedback here folks. Loving the community spirit:)  oh, and that was the RQS Blue Mystic

Edited by JJJ

Black dog by humboldt.. Grew 3 of these and they were pretty low odour.. bit of a lemony/eucalyptus smell when squeezed.. I found Chronic and White Russian to be low odour also, but the Black Dog was the shorter finisher.. 8, 10, 11 weeks respectively from seed. All decent stones/highs. Good luck mate. @JJJ

1 person likes this

You may think it’s low odour but all weed plants reek to high heaven. After a while you become nose blind to the smell, believe me it stinks.

If get a bit of weed out in my flat I am totally nose blind to it, I can’t smell it at all, if goto a friends house and get the same bit of weed out it’s absolutely reeks the room out.

Make sure you have good carbon filters as to the untrained nose all weed reeks.

6 people like this

7 hours ago, JJJ said:

My missus kept telling me she could detect cannabis around the house but it's definitely one of the lower odour varieties. 

You see (and I'm sorry if this comes across as condescending, I'm genuinely trying to help :)), this really does highlight what many have been trying to advise you. They all smell just some a little less than others. 

Having a lower odor strain shouldn't allow you to become complacent. The temptation to talk yourself into thinking something like, "well it doesn't smell much so I should be OK to leave the tent open for a bit longer" etc.. Is great (especially when stoned :P) and a faint whiff is all that's needed to potentially give the game away.

Good practice will allow you to grow whatever strain you like!

Ultimately it's up to you though, these are  just the opinions of a high monkey :smokin:

4 people like this

Yep, no argument there. Security first!  Those are my feelings exactly.

2 people like this

You maybe would get away with it, but there's always a chance you won't.

The reason for that post was because I've been on a break for a few weeks, I've really started to notice the smell since my nose has gone back to baseline. Even just from clothes or empty jars/grinders etc.. 

It's made me have a rethink of my own odor strategy as I was becoming complacent myself.

In any case, Good Luck with your endeavours.

4 people like this

@JJJ

hi dude.

how about buying another fan and filter for the room your tent is in?  Good for recirculating and cleaning the surrounding air when opening the tent, trimming or having a smoke. 

3 people like this

I'm due a filter replacement soon so might consider using the old one to run in the room as extra control.  The noise might be a lot of work to mitigate though. My current RVK is built into a wooden chest and I put considerable work and expense into retro-fitting it with MDF for soundproofing. It's completely silent but I don't fancy having to go through all that again. It's an idea for the future though. I was thinking about getting one of those Isomax fans the next time around so you're plan could well work for me.

I do have an additional HEPA filter as part of my dehumidifier and air purifier positioned at the top of the stairs to catch any smells that might try to make it down the stairs but I've only just bought it so don't know how effective it's going to be.

I think I may start a journal for my next grow and include a detailed account of smells throughout the grow and how I'm managing to control them.

As for the contamination 'stoned_ape' I totally get what you're saying. I made the mistake of getting a bit sloppy in the past and I had random people making comments at the door, made me really paranoid. Now I make sure to keep my stash in Mason jars. I even have a large jar in which I keep my vape pen and grinder.  As I only ever consume my product at home, I always make sure to wear my comfortable clothes around the house when dealing with my weed and wash them regularly, always wearing my good and clean clothes outside the house.  You hear too many stories of people who do something silly like spend the afternoon harvesting then just pop down to the supermarket without washing and changing. Madness really.

1 person likes this