Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

bongme

Weed is good: Jeremy Corbyn's son plans 'hemp cafe' to cash in on the latest craze for cannabis-related paraphernalia

20 posts in this topic

hi

Weed is good: Jeremy Corbyn's son plans 'hemp cafe' to cash in on the latest craze for cannabis-related paraphernalia

Jeremy Corbyn vowed to end ‘greed is good’ capitalism in his conference speech, but his son hopes to make a fortune from cannabis culture.

Tommy Corbyn, 25, has started two companies, National Hemp Service and The Hemp Cafe, with girlfriend Chloe Kerslake-Smith, 25, to cash in on the craze for cannabis-related paraphernalia.

‘My partner and I are opening a store in North London that will sell hemp-derived products,’ he tells me.

Tommy Corbyn, 25, and girlfriend Chloe Kerslake-Smith, also 25. The two have started two companies together - National Hemp Service and The Hemp Cafe - to cash in on the craze for cannabis-related paraphernalia

Chloe says: ‘We’re renovating the premises and hope to open in the near future. The National Hemp Service is like an alternative National Health Service.

‘We’ll be selling a variety of hemp-derived products. Everything will have undergone lab tests to ensure it meets the UK market standards for their cannabinoid profiles and potency.’

Corbyn, who has said that criminalising people for possessing small amounts of cannabis was not ‘a particularly good idea’, apparently supports the project. ‘He is aware of it,’ Chloe says.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6220753/Jeremy-Corbyns-son-plans-hemp-cafe-cash-latest-craze.html

Bongme 

1 person likes this

32 minutes ago, bongme said:

The National Hemp Service is like an alternative National Health Service.

Really?...........:unsure:

We don't need an alternative health service run by a couple of unqualified (assumed) red tories with pound signs in their eyes.............:bad::bad:

7 people like this

Vampires are coming Stu , infact there everywhere. 

6 people like this

24 minutes ago, Al Swearengen said:

Vampires are coming Stu , infact there everywhere. 

Playing out pretty much as expected Al, " Snakeoil Vampires " bloodsucking bastards preying on people who are desperate for relief,

IMO these are the worst, setting themselves up with products they probably know very little about, then recommending to customers/patients.

'alternative health service'..........my arse!!

8 people like this

It always breaks my heart when i read stories of people trying these snake oils and the likes looking for relief. 

People are making money out of bogus products and surely its time to let us have our human right and put whats right (real cannabis) into our bodies. Or at least give us the fucking choice. Not some fake shit that does not work. There are desperate people in need of good clean medicine but people are forced in desperation to buy crap that does not help and at a big cost

11 people like this

Ohhh Jeremy Corbyn.

Good luck to Tommy, hope your business does well.

1 hour ago, stu914 said:

Playing out pretty much as expected Al, " Snakeoil Vampires " bloodsucking bastards preying on people who are desperate for relief,

IMO these are the worst, setting themselves up with products they probably know very little about, then recommending to customers/patients.

'alternative health service'..........my arse!!

There are SOME decent suppliers with whole plant extract and they seem to work to some extent. Still not good enough though.

Nearly all these that solely deal with just hemp aren't even activists or anything, they're not contributing shit to try change the laws. I knew that Holland and Barrett stuff would be a joke, I just bought a bottle to near enough pretty much drink lol. I had some hemp protein powder made from hemp seeds that I put in porridge and it tasted the exact same, really nutty basically lol.

1 person likes this

this is the legalisation that some people have been campaigning for so avidly, all the benefits of cannabis but without the high of the evil mind bending, schizophrenia inducing THC

the more people jumping on the snake oil bandwagon and making wild claims about its efficacy in curing everything, the less likely recreational use of real cannabis becomes

14 people like this

1 hour ago, Joolz said:

this is the legalisation that some people have been campaigning for so avidly, all the benefits of cannabis but without the high of the evil mind bending, schizophrenia inducing THC

the more people jumping on the snake oil bandwagon and making wild claims about its efficacy in curing everything, the less likely recreational use of real cannabis becomes

I seen this the other day mate.large_oil.jpg

DEA rescheduling CBD so still a no to flowers whatsoever or thc extracts even in 'medical' form. No joint smoking or any of that for the recreational users. Just approved medical extracts at hefty prices. Seems to be a lot going on in a short frame of time recently. Just about the money and always is.

This kinda proves it all really http://www.proactiveinvestors.co.uk/companies/news/205894/gw-pharmaceuticals-epidiolex-cannabis-drug-for-epilepsy-to-be-available-within-six-weeks-as-dea-lowers-restriction-205894.html

If you put either sativex, epidiolex or GW pharmaceuticals in google news you'll find a lot.

Edited by Conspiranought
8 people like this

JC has a son, fk who would have thought.....and he's not an afro-anglo asian Trannie... how disappointing.

5 people like this

1 minute ago, Ital said:

JC has a son, fk who would have thought.....and he's not an afro-anglo asian Trannie... how disappointing.

....and I don't think his mum's named Diane...........:wassnnme:....more a relief than a disappointment.........:rofl:

2 people like this

2 minutes ago, stu914 said:

....and I don't think his mum's named Diane...........:wassnnme:....more a relief than a disappointment.........:rofl:

shame it'd be like the school cook shagging the art teacher lol

5 people like this

I'm all for people making money, just wrong when its lying to people to do with their health. Funny how corbyn wants to end greed is good capitalism but then would support this. Know its his son and all but goes against what his meant to have said. Another politician who'll say one thing and do another, in the name of winning votes. Imagine my shock

2 people like this

National Hemp Service: Jeremy Corbyn's son to open UK's first 'all hemp' shop in Stroud Green Road

Tommy Corbyn and Chloe Kerslake-Smith will soon open their first of its kind National Hemp Service store in Stroud Green Road. Picture: National Hemp Service

National Hemp Service sign. Picture: Tommy Corbyn and Chloe Kerslake-Smith will open their National Hemp Service shop in Stroud Green Road next month. Picture: Tommy Corbyn and Chloe Kerslake-Smith

The entrepreneurial couple will unveil their "all hemp" shop and cafe in September, where every product will be made from the versatile crop, which is a strain of the cannabis sativa species.

For Chloe and Tommy, sustainability and sourcing products from like-minded independent firms is the mission statement - and they plan to educate people about the fast growing crops bona fide medicinal, economic and eco attributes, while also campaigning for cannabis legalisation.

"We are trying to show everyone all the things hemp can do," said Chloe, 24, "because it's sustainable, incredible for the earth and climate and should be decriminalised.

"Every product we sell will be made from hemp, whether that's hemp seed oil, CBD [Cannabidiol] oil, CBD skin care, clothing made from hemp, lube, gourmet marshmallows. So far we don't know of anyone else doing an all hemp shop."

Tommy, 26, whose Islington North MP dad Jeremy Corbyn is supportive of the business, told the Gazette: "We want to champion hemp as a material for all different things. We think cannabis has been demonised for a long time and hemp can been a good gateway into finding out more about it - we don't want people to be afraid of the plants.

"Most people don't know about hemp. It's not a normal thing in this country unfortunately, we are going to change that.

"We want to help push legalisation forward - it's the answer to a lot of our health and sustainability issues. 

"Hemp offers a huge amount of solutions to the problems of today, in terms of agriculture, environment, even economically, if we all start growing hemp it would help. Especially in the Brexit environment when we are not going to be able to export much to the European Union, hemp is part of the solution." Chloe added that a UK hemp growing drive would help "bring jobs to our fields". 

Hemp crop consumes minimal water and absorbs CO2 while it grows. It can be used in construction, as fuel, to make clothes and textiles, for consumption as a super food and in medicine. CBD oil is extracted from the cannabis plant but is legal and, unlike the plant's psychoactive THC compound, doesn't get you "high".

Studies show CBD is effective in treating severe childhood epilepsy, chronic pain, and inflammation due to arthritis, as well as combating anxiety and insomnia. 

The couple have grafting away for months, taking a DIY approach to decking out their shop, which Chloe described as a "labour of love".

But there have been a few "scrapes and scratches along the way", such as earlier this month, when Tommy was installing air conditioning and the "drill butt span around and hit him in the head". 

Chloe said: "We were in the ambulance the other day and they asked what [the shop] was going to be called and we cracked up because you can't say National Hemp Service to someone who works in the National Health Service. It's a bit tongue in cheek but we do mean it and it should be a service for the community." Graffiti artist Aroe, whose cult artwork decorates walls across Brighton and beyond, has also agreed to do a political piece in the shop. 

Tommy added: "It's coming soon, come check it out. There is only so much I can tell people. I have to show them. It's not a dingy smoking den. It's going to be a whole experience. We want people to come

https://www.islingtongazette.co.uk/news/national-hemp-service-jeremy-corbyn-s-son-tommy-to-open-first-all-hemp-shop-in-stroud-green-road-1-6212278

Edited by bartman
2 people like this

Yeah thats right stummer.... Jeremy Corbyn is such a hypocrite for letting his son be his own man.

Bloody politicians, with their decent parenting.....whatever next?!

Jesus fucking wept. Its like you're all competing for anti-establishment points. UK420 is fast becoming an establishment in its own right....just another ideological echo chamber.

Edited by SevernValleySavant
4 people like this