Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

prawn

Best Carbon Filter on the market?

78 posts in this topic

I've always bought Rhino but the latest is faulty - just been in back garden and its minging :( defo filter - checked everything else..

I found a thread recently that had a few people with the same problem with Rhino and a few people were recommending a different brand but I can't find the thread...

Can or mountain air seem to be most people's "go to" brand now mate.

Mountain Air mostly but CanFans seem to have a growing fanbase. 

1 person likes this

Mountain air - that was it cheers ;) 

1 person likes this

red scorpion for the win, Ive just had to go out and buy a replacement today as my old one finally gave up the ghost after 3.5 years, my 2.5 year old one is getting ready for a refresh but still working grand.

Cant fault them and wouldnt use owt else

3 people like this

I mostly always used rhino pro's myself but I think that in the future, my next filter will be a Carbo air, G&H sell them too & look the biz, 

there's also a few good vids on the tube.

1 person likes this

the carbo air 60s have an extra 10mm of carbon too. they also do them 100mm carbon bed. that would probably last for donkeys, but might restrict the airflow thru the filter I dunno.

bet yeah carbo air, or mountain air are the top dogs these days by the sound of it.

1 person likes this

think I'll go for carbo - the 60 is plenty airflow- looks quality and cheaper than mountainair - cheers peers ;) 

Phresh or Carboair would be my choice - I personally stick with Phresh as they've never done me wrong, but if for whatever reason I couldn't get Phresh I'd be on the Carboairs as its the same gent behind them as who was behind Rhino when they were bulletproof. It was only when he sold up they went to shit.

3 people like this

12 hours ago, Golden Syrup said:

Phresh or Carboair would be my choice - I personally stick with Phresh as they've never done me wrong, but if for whatever reason I couldn't get Phresh I'd be on the Carboairs as its the same gent behind them as who was behind Rhino when they were bulletproof. It was only when he sold up they went to shit.

ah that explains it then - wondered why a solid brand would suddenly go tits up like that.

Are the mountain air was any good?

Edited by K-dawg
1 person likes this

I have been using a 5 inch mountain air CF for a year now and it’s working a treat, no smells in my flat. It’s twice as long as the Rhino it replaced and has a lot better airflow through it than the Rhino.

I am very happy with it so far.

2 people like this

Been speaking to my local store and he says that he would only sell, Phresh Australian Carbon, Carboair made in Europe and Can also made in Europe, Although I just heard Can is now owned by Monsanto and are been made in china, ?

Rhino poor quality Chinese made with wrong grade carbon rc4-12 and have major quality issues

Mountain Air good quality buy also Chinese

Scorpion good hobby filter

there are loads of filter on the market but there all Chinese and the quality of the carbon changes all the time, RC 4-12 carbon is to fine to give good air flow RC4-8 is better and will reduce the heat in the room as it lets more air through them.

I switched my filter to carboair and not had any issues since.

What do you guys do with your old filters  ?  Cheers !

I strip mine down & bag the carbon for the rubbish bin, the metal bits go in a recycle bin.

5 people like this

Phresh!